Old 07-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Smile Helpful thought for the night...

I was reflecting on how we are where we are because of all the choices we've made up to this point.
Choices are made in the PRESENT MOMENT...each one can move us towards, or away from, our goal (whatever that might be).

We don't lose weight at our weigh in each week. We lose pounds in each CHOICE in each single moment we decide to stay on plan, or exercise, or bypass a temptation that would take us off track.

Jack Kornfield said that you can drive from New York to California and you only need to see about 200 feet in front of you...you don't have to see the entire journey. Kinda like taking the first step without needing to see the whole staircase. Alot of inspiration in there. Just stay the course. It's so worth it in the journey as well as in the end game.

It does though, take EFFORT and friendship, connection.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
I was reflecting on how we are where we are because of all the choices we've made up to this point.
Choices are made in the PRESENT MOMENT...each one can move us towards, or away from, our goal (whatever that might be).

We don't lose weight at our weigh in each week. We lose pounds in each CHOICE in each single moment we decide to stay on plan, or exercise, or bypass a temptation that would take us off track.

Jack Kornfield said that you can drive from New York to California and you only need to see about 200 feet in front of you...you don't have to see the entire journey. Kinda like taking the first step without needing to see the whole staircase. Alot of inspiration in there. Just stay the course. It's so worth it in the journey as well as in the end game.

It does though, take EFFORT and friendship, connection.

Thanks --- I needed the reminder.
smpnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Great post! You are so right!
New2IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #4  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

thats a good post..thanks..it set things into perspective for me tonite.
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Great post! Thanks for sharing
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote