Default Thursday Chatters for July!

Welcome to Thursday Chatters for July!

Come on in! The holiday is over!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I confess that I totally fell out of the saddle for the weekend and was up .8 at WI on Tuesday night.

Oh well, crawled back in the saddle! It was worth it had tons of fun with family I don't get to see very often.

The garden, (knock on wood) is actually recovering from all the hail, and I actually have lettuce I can pick this weekend! Plus things are growing and seeds I'd given up on are actually sprouting! Gonna be a long fall covering all that stuff.

Do have a work issue. We have the sweetest ever border collie who was attacked by another dog, ended up having to amputate a leg that was badly broken. Poor thing is chewed up like crazy. The dog that attacked has also attacked a child. This is all a family thing. Sis owns Border Collie, brother owns, you guessed it "Pit". I do not have anything against Pits, just stupid Pit owners. Pit owner refuses to do anything about his dog. Bad deal.

Neither owner can provide proof of a Rabies Vaccination. Way against our state laws.

I may take the long way around this, get all the info and turn it over to my son a state trooper. I hate to do this, I don't like to use his position, seems a bit like a power trip. But, We do have some issues with dog fighting and gambling in the area. I hate to do this, but the boss is not pushing the issue and the family isn't either. It's just to dangerous. If this dog would have done to a 35 pound child what he did to the border collie, the child would not be alive.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Janelle, thanks for starting us off again.
And, I think you are right to get your son involved. Someone will get hurt from that dog!

I need to begin jouraling again. I'm drinking my water. Yeah for that.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

I haven't been here for a while-today was my last day at my job-I leave Ottawa next saturday-and I sold my condo!! it took only 3 weeks and the new owner takes possession the day I leave-I think I have horseshoes you know where. I haven't been following program but I'm sitting here with boxes ready to go-my brother will be over tomorrow early and take pretty much everything out-I'll be here with my computer and an airmattress-next friday I'll stay with my brother and his family and then we leave early saturday morning. the drive out is about 2230 miles - I've never driven out I've always flown-should be fun-expect lots of pictures on fb
well I hope we all have a great weekend

will be back later
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

It is sooooooo hot here!!!

Maureen, send us your new address. Do you have a place there yet?
That's great that you sold your condo so quickly.
I'd say that all that packing is enough exercise to keep you going.

How is everyone else doing?

We are slowly recovering from our whirlwind trip to see my bil and then his funeral. Most days, it was 110 degrees there!
I have not been OP but have been drinking loads of water.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

It's Sunday

It's a beautiful day here---although, HOT.
For breakfast, I fixed some small biscuits out of low fat Bisquick, and scrambled eggs, using mainly egg whites.
Now, that's a good way to start the day.

We are thinking about Double Dave's Pizza Buffet for after church. I have my flex points fot that.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Let's all have a great day!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #8  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Have a great day!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all

Friday was my last day at work this week is being spent finishing everything here in Ottawa. My brother & I leave early saturday morning-it's approximately 2300 mile drive-I've always flown here so it'll be an eye opener as to how big the country really is. I'm looking forward to it. I thought the closing of my condo would be before I left but it doesn't look like it so I have to give my sister power of attorney to sign off on it. Will be before august 1. Everything's been sold or given away so now I'm sitting in my place with a small tv sitting on a two drawer filing cabinet, a lazy boy chair my lap top and my pc an air mattress. Have I mentioned before that I'm nuts?!!
Let's all have a great day on this fantastic voyage called life(I told you I've completely gone around the bend!!)

talk to you all later
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

Maureen! Enjoy the drive and the scenery. I know Canada is a huge country. America is too. So many things to see and so much to enjoy.

It's kind of funny, I live in western Nebraska. 357 miles away from Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE. We are die hard Cornhusker football fans. We have gotten up at 4 am and made the drive to see a game and then drove home. Arriving around midnight.

Distance seems to be relative to what you are used to and what you are willing to do to get there and back. Sort of like weight loss.

I know people who have moved into our community from big urban areas, they are used to making the 1-2 hour traffic commute, but the 357 commute just knocks them on their butts.

On another note, a funny story. Many years ago, the hub had to haul a gas compressor for the oilfield down in the middle of nowhere in Texas. I went along. When we got there, the boss of the op, wanted to know where we were from, at the time we were living in a little town in northeastern Colorado.

So while the hub and the other guys help were unloading the stuff, the boss, who had a big Souix Indian guy standing next to him, (we were in the middle of sagebrush and soapweed) asked me if I'd seen any Indians and was I worried about my scalp? I looked at him and said the only Indian I see is the one standing next to you! The guy was confused because I said we were from Colorado, so his instant thought was Denver. Big city. Dumb a@@.

Anyway, down 1,2 tonight, a good thing since I was up .8 last week. 3.6 to go.

The work issue has been resolved, the pit bull owners gave it up and euthanized the dog. I feel bad, I do like pits, they are great dogs, but the owners need to be doubly vigilant, given the nature and bad rep of the breed.

The dog that was attacked we sent home, with instructions and meds and to see their vet for follow up care.

Barring any more hail, my garden is finally getting going. I can actually go out and pick a salad! 3 kinds of lettuce, spinach, green onions, radishes. Now just need the beans, tomatoes, peppers, beets, carrots, broc, caul, cukes, zuk, sqaush, melons to get with it!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

Picked my salad last night, have enough to pick and take to see the kids for supper tomorrow night!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

I wrote a very long post yesterday - and - it's not here!!!!!!!

Anyway, janelle, that is so great about your garden. I want a salad.
Jeanne, how's the new house coming?
Marion, I miss hearing from you
Tammy, tell us about your trip.

farmgirl, how is your family? I hope they are healing nicely.

Susan, did you recover from your great trip?

Maureen has begun her long trip across country.

I'm still struggling with this weight. Back to journaling, I guess.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by Tina; 07-16-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi All,

I finally recovered from Disney World. It was a good time, but hot and HUMID. The best part, I didn't gain an ounce on the other hand Pat gained 6! I really watched what I ate.

It's hot here too! This is the 14 or 15th day in a row of over 100 degrees and the next 5 days aren't looking like it's going down. Thank goodness for AC.

I got home and have been beat! I've also do really nothing all week. I did go out to lunch with my girlfriend twice. Went to check on getting a new window put in above our tub, the ottoman reupholostered, and my anklet fixed. So I have gotten some stuff done that I've put off for about 2 years. That life keeps getting in the way.

I think I'll be going to SA next weekend to see Momma. I plan on staying a week or 10 days. Then when I get back it will almost be time for school. YUCK! I'm not ready not even a smidgen!!!

Hugs to all!!!! Stay cool and drink your water!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Susan, wish I could come see you in SA. It's just way too hot to be traveling, much less walking around in SA. At least we're having some rain today. It's not as hot but it is HUMID.

Last edited by Tina; 07-16-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #15  
Susan

Yea for the rain!!! We need it here too! But it doesn't look like rain, there is a slight chance Monday but I don't think it will.

I finished my curriculum. Well all that I'm doing. They told me before vacation that there was no more money for it and not to do anymore. I finished the one book that I was working on and I finished it today. I'm relieved that's it!!!! Now I can enjoy the summer and not have it over my head!

I have another headache today. I'm not sure why but I do. I had one yesterday too. I think it's part because of the heat.

I think I'll go to SA on Saturday. Momma is ready for me to come!!!! She is so funny.

Will you all say an extra prayer for my Godmother. She has cancer again in her leg and will be undergoing surgery again next week. The cancer she has is rare and it keeps coming back. Momma is worried sick about it too, it's her youngest sister. This is the 3rd time it's come back.

I know I'm rambling.....
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote