Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Daily Chat, Wednesday, 7/20

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program
whoosh fairy = big loss one day after not having lost for a while

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 07-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone... It's going to be SO hot here the next few days (Northern Virginia). We are supposed to hit 98 tomorrow, 101 on Friday. Good thing I have plenty of propane to grill, since I really don't want to turn on my oven when it's that hot outside.

More good news: my garden has three tomatoes, one zucchini, and one cucumber getting ripe. I'm hoping that my IP-friendly foods will start rolling in over the next few weeks. I also have a tiny little watermelon (growing for my son, who is three), about the size of a baseball. It's SO cute.

My sinus infection is getting better. For the others on the forum who are battling colds/infections, don't forget your probiotics! The antibiotics kill all the good germs, and we have to replace them. I'm off to take my vitamins and start my day... with coffee.

I will be wearing my size 1 Chico's pants and top today when I'm off to work. They have strange sizes, but I used to not fit into a 3 because I was too big. SUCH a nice feeling.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-20-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

It is early morning here in Alaska. I am a Registered Nurse who works 12 hour night shifts. I love what I do but am tired at the moment. Looking forward to my weigh-in Thursday morning after work. Never thought I would say that I look forward to a weigh-in! Need to mow my grass-thankful for a tiny yard! ALso need to clean house too. Then get ready to come back to work. Trusting God for a great day!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I had a great day yesterday despite the sinus infection that will not seem to go away and this ridiculous heat wave (we are on day 20-something over 100 and 17 days over 100 in July!!!). I'm going to the dreaded Golden Corral tonight for dinner - I hate that place even if I wasn't watching what I eat. I went to their website last night to check the menu. They are SUPPOSED to have steamed veggies that are OP. If they are smothered in butter, I will just have a salad and steak, fish or chicken and eat my veggies when I get home. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning!! I think this is my first time on this thread/post/whatever Resisted the HUGE urge to give in and cheat last night, on day 5 today, woke up and had oatmeal for the 1st time this morning....so glad I didn't go off. Anywho......hoping to stay strong today, 1st WI will be Friday. Lunch ideas for Leek or Chicken Soup? Will browse recepies...... Hope you all have a great day!!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Goodmorning all!

Another HOT day here in Ontario. We're suppose to have a record hot day tomorrow with temps reaching 47c with the humidity!

I'm still sitting at 144lbs - no movement up or down. This happened in my 3 or 4th week on IP then I had a few weeks of wooshing - I'm hoping to get back into the wooshing phase.
I have 15lbs to go before reaching my goal weight, although now I'm wondering if I want to try a lower goal weight.. I guess I still have time to decide once I get closer to it.

Last night I made turkey burgers on the barbecue. I didn't add any breadcrumbs so I didn't know how they well they would stick together... I cooked them on top of tin foil to keep them from breaking apart.... They turned out REALLY good ... dh ate them without the bun as well and he surprised that he didn't miss the carb

I ran last night again (9.30pm) to beat the heat. I've missed running and I'm happy to be back at it again! Hopefully it won't hurt my weight loss...

Off to fill the kiddie pool to cool off the little ones

Have a great IP day!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Good morning everyone... It's going to be SO hot here the next few days (Northern Virginia). We are supposed to hit 98 tomorrow, 101 on Friday. Good thing I have plenty of propane to grill, since I really don't want to turn on my oven when it's that hot outside.

More good news: my garden has three tomatoes, one zucchini, and one cucumber getting ripe. I'm hoping that my IP-friendly foods will start rolling in over the next few weeks. I also have a tiny little watermelon (growing for my son, who is three), about the size of a baseball. It's SO cute.

My sinus infection is getting better. For the others on the forum who are battling colds/infections, don't forget your probiotics! The antibiotics kill all the good germs, and we have to replace them. I'm off to take my vitamins and start my day... with coffee.

I will be wearing my size 1 Chico's pants and top today when I'm off to work. They have strange sizes, but I used to not fit into a 3 because I was too big. SUCH a nice feeling.
I feel your pain on the heat! We've had temps over 100 and heat indexes of 115 (super humid!) for the last 4 days! Today is supposed to be the worst and the last. We have a cold front coming through so the high for tomorrow is only 92! And on top of that, our grill started on fire the other night so we have to et a new one because running the oven in this heat is no fun at all.

I had a nice surprise on the scale this morning and wish like heck it was Thursday so I could record it! As of today I am down 15.2 lbs so let's hope I either maintain or loss a lil more by morning.

I asked last night but I'm not sure if anyone saw it since it was later, what's the best way to eat the choc pancakes? I had a friend give me a pack so I'm excited to try them.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!!! Today is WI #6!! And I am super excited to see how things went this week!! NSV yesterday - I walked into work in the morning, and there on the table was an 'evil' cheesecake! BLAH!!!! I just kept telling myself it was evil and wasnt even tempted!! Saw girls going for some for breakfast and it just made me feel good that I wasnt tempted!!! Clothes are starting to look funny on me and I definately will need to get some new "essentials" soon as they are falling off me! I called a friend of mine who wears the size I was in, and she was excited to get some "new" clothes!!! Glad to get rid of it!!!!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday! I'm slowly figuring out what day it is

It's Wi #14 for me. I'm down 3.4 lbs. I misplaced my measurements sheet, so I'm not sure how many inches I've lost. I can say that I put on a jacket that I haven't worn since May and I was swimming in it. It was snug when I bought it in April.

We had some wicked storms overnight and I am so beat. My energy levels seem to be quite low lately and not getting proper sleep doesn't help. I think I'm going to take a close look at my supplements and see if I need to tweak anything. Between the brain fog (ie: not knowing what day it is) and the tiredness, I suspect something is missing.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Good Morning!! I think this is my first time on this thread/post/whatever Resisted the HUGE urge to give in and cheat last night, on day 5 today, woke up and had oatmeal for the 1st time this morning....so glad I didn't go off. Anywho......hoping to stay strong today, 1st WI will be Friday. Lunch ideas for Leek or Chicken Soup? Will browse recepies...... Hope you all have a great day!!!!!
Welcome and way to go... I like having leek soup with asparagus, the chicken soup I would make it a thick gravy for steamed cauliflower or turnips or broccoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Wednesday! I'm slowly figuring out what day it is

It's Wi #14 for me. I'm down 3.4 lbs. I misplaced my measurements sheet, so I'm not sure how many inches I've lost. I can say that I put on a jacket that I haven't worn since May and I was swimming in it. It was snug when I bought it in April.

We had some wicked storms overnight and I am so beat. My energy levels seem to be quite low lately and not getting proper sleep doesn't help. I think I'm going to take a close look at my supplements and see if I need to tweak anything. Between the brain fog (ie: not knowing what day it is) and the tiredness, I suspect something is missing.

Have a great day everyone!
Hey Cindy, I wish it was Thursday as then only one more day until vacation....

Everyone I feel for you with the heat, here it has rained every day for 32 days they said on the radio... so we really didn't have a spring or now a summer, it gets up to about 78 and then we get a wicked thunderstorm... and mosquitos... they don't fog here... too expensive.

Had an agility training session in the rain last night... my dogs love running in the rain. It actually was quite fun except the mosquitos... I know I go on and on about them... My one dog is scared of thunder so I was a little worried about her last night. Today she followed me around the house as I was getting ready to come to work.. She always knows when the bad weather is going to hit... suppose to rain all day today... oh well. Have a great day everyone and stay OP...
Old 07-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!
Great job on the losses today! Hope everyone that is battling a cold gets well soon, there's nothing worse than a cold in the summer!
I am sleepy this morning too. Our cat came into bed in the middle of the night and nudged us with her head....so I didn't sleep well. She's annoying, but way too cute to be mad at
We are experiencing a heat wave as well here in Mass, but at least the sun is shining!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #12  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all, just thought I would drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work. It has been a hot month in KS, over 103°F all week. Crazy! Stay safe and well hydrated if you are out in the heat.

The changes this program makes in your life are too many to describe and are just wonderful. Keep up the good work and support for each other!

Take care!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone!
Pxlkitty4 - hope you are feeling better soon! Sinus infections are the worst!!

Pretty exciting morning, I'm dow to 184, and I was at 225 when I first started trying to lose weight this year..so even though it's only a pound over..I have lost more than 40 pounds!!! Whoohoo!! And it will be 3 months that I have been on IP on the 25th. I am so excited about this loss!!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
Pxlkitty4 - hope you are feeling better soon! Sinus infections are the worst!!

Pretty exciting morning, I'm dow to 184, and I was at 225 when I first started trying to lose weight this year..so even though it's only a pound over..I have lost more than 40 pounds!!! Whoohoo!! And it will be 3 months that I have been on IP on the 25th. I am so excited about this loss!!
40 pounds in 3 months is amazing! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #15  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Good Morning,
I'm just starting to research IP and have been browsing the forums. I'm planning to start in the next few days using alternate products. I'm already doing high protein/low carb but I've let a few more carbs slip in and want to nip it before it becomes a bad habit.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Closed Thread