Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Exclamation It is an "ah ha" moment!!

Ah ha!! Maybe this will help you...it just helped me...realizing this protein packet deal is just for a while and I keep expecting to make it taste and be like REAL FOOD...but, it isn't...you can spice it up but if you have realistic expectations it will taste better.
It's like the WF products. You cannot expect them to be what you want and wish they'd be. But in the absence of the calories, fat, sugar, etc. it's not a bad option for sometimes.

Maybe I really can get through this and end my life long battle with FOOD addiction, SUGAR addiction really. I've always said sugar is the drug most damaging out there.

Thanks for reading!!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Ah ha!! Maybe this will help you...it just helped me...realizing this protein packet deal is just for a while and I keep expecting to make it taste and be like REAL FOOD...but, it isn't...you can spice it up but if you have realistic expectations it will taste better.
It's like the WF products. You cannot expect them to be what you want and wish they'd be. But in the absence of the calories, fat, sugar, etc. it's not a bad option for sometimes.

Maybe I really can get through this and end my life long battle with FOOD addiction, SUGAR addiction really. I've always said sugar is the drug most damaging out there.

Thanks for reading!!!
GREAT way of thinking!! you stated everything just as to how we should be thinking of this program...PURFECT words!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thanks for reading!!!
Good for you! I think that this is part of the mindset we all have to have to succeed on this diet. Thanks for putting it into words.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Have you tried the pudding cakes? They totally keep me sane!!!! I eat them everynight for dinner. I do my own protein at lunch b/c it is easier at work so I have a packet for dinner. Anyway, they are so good. Like you said, they are not like cake like we think of traditional cake, but they are a great substitute. And in a diet filled with shakes / drinks, it is a nice treat to be able to chew something.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Have you tried the pudding cakes? They totally keep me sane!!!! I eat them everynight for dinner. I do my own protein at lunch b/c it is easier at work so I have a packet for dinner. Anyway, they are so good. Like you said, they are not like cake like we think of traditional cake, but they are a great substitute. And in a diet filled with shakes / drinks, it is a nice treat to be able to chew something.
I tried making this with the milk choc pudding but it did not puff up like you said. It came out the consistency of uncooked fudge brownies...I followed the recipe to a t and even used small corning dishes (2)....any ideas where I went wrong?
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Thanks for reading!!!
Good for you! I agree about the food addiction. I think as I have come further along with the program, my ideas about food and what it really means to me have changed drastically...I think I can honestly say that I now eat to live rather then what I have been doing for most of my life...living to eat! (Hopefully, this mindset won't change when I'm in maintenance and my choices are limitless, LOL!!)

On a side note: Last nite we had dinner while the TV was on in the background (a very rare occurance in my house, but hubby was waiting for a particular news story). We had Salmon and mixed veggies with salad. Hubby had made dinner and I was famished when I got home from work. There was just enough salmon to go round, but not enough for me to get my proper amount...I was so mad to have to boil an egg for myself and wait to eat! When I finally sat down (in a mood!), a news story came on about the devastating famine in Africa, I looked up just in time to see a mommy with her poor emaciated baby waiting in line for a small bowl of what looked like slop. I was ashamed, as I should be and apologized to my hubby. If this isn't a time for us to start seeing food for what it really should be...sustanance...I don't know when we will get it. That said, I am so grateful to live in a place where (if I wanted to) I could indulge my taste buds at anytime, lay on a spread for family and friends that may or may not get eaten or bribe my kid with ice-cream to get chores done.

Last edited by brummie; 07-19-2011 at 04:30 PM.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
I tried making this with the milk choc pudding but it did not puff up like you said. It came out the consistency of uncooked fudge brownies...I followed the recipe to a t and even used small corning dishes (2)....any ideas where I went wrong?
A couple of things...

1). You need to beat the egg white mixture until very frothy. They turn out much better that way

2). Did you fold in the packet? In case you don't bake, you fold in a little bit of the powder at a time and mix with a spoon- not in the blender

3). I have found the best flavors are lemon, butterscotch and vanilla
Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #8  

Oh- and sometimes you need to cook them for 20 minutes or more if they are still liquidy inside
Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #9  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Great outlook on this! You can do anything temporarily!

And I love the omelette and crispy cereal for this reason too...something solid to eat instead of drinking for every meal.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Oh- and sometimes you need to cook them for 20 minutes or more if they are still liquidy inside
Mine were still liquidy inside after 18 minutes and I was afraid to bake them any longer -- I was afraid they would blow up. I'll try baking them longer (when this heatwave goes away). Thanks!
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #11  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Good for you! I agree about the food addiction. I think as I have come further along with the program, my ideas about food and what it really means to me have changed drastically...I think I can honestly say that I now eat to live rather then what I have been doing for most of my life...living to eat! (Hopefully, this mindset won't change when I'm in maintenance and my choices are limitless, LOL!!)

On a side note: Last nite we had dinner while the TV was on in the background (a very rare occurance in my house, but hubby was waiting for a particular news story). We had Salmon and mixed veggies with salad. Hubby had made dinner and I was famished when I got home from work. There was just enough salmon to go round, but not enough for me to get my proper amount...I was so mad to have to boil an egg for myself and wait to eat! When I finally sat down (in a mood!), a news story came on about the devastating famine in Africa, I looked up just in time to see a mommy with her poor emaciated baby waiting in line for a small bowl of what looked like slop. I was ashamed, as I should be and apologized to my hubby. If this isn't a time for us to start seeing food for what it really should be...sustanance...I don't know when we will get it. That said, I am so grateful to live in a place where (if I wanted to) I could indulge my taste buds at anytime, lay on a spread for family and friends that may or may not get eaten or bribe my kid with ice-cream to get chores done.
Wow, thanks for sharing that. I think that awareness is important to keep. Perspective...but gratitude. We can't feel guilty for our abundance but we can remember to be thankful and RESPECTFUL...I believe being repectful means we take what we need, not more, not being wasteful. Our excess weight is our advertisement of bad choices, the clutter we wear that spoils our view.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote