Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #1  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Default LAWL July thread

Wow-the pressure! Fine-I'll start a new thread!

June was super crazy for me-Disneyland, Josie's 5th birthday, my lab at work moved . . . .July I don't have too much planned-so hopefully it'll be a lot of swimming, sand box, bike rides (i may even try to ride a bike again!!! Eeek!) and just enjoying the summer.

We spent the holiday weekend at the beach at my parent's condo and got to ride a waverunner for the first time--lots of fun. I can understand the attraction-cheaper and easier than a boat!

My weight loss stalled for awhile (pretty typical i hear) but has started back up again. I avoid bready foods that I know will bother me and occasionally have a bite or two of a sweet but am really careful. I want to snack in the evenings (just like before) so am working on that. Really trying to get into herbal teas . . .

So-that's what's going on with me-how's everyone's summer going?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #2  
Air

S/C/G: 235/235/160

Height: 5'7

I am new here. My name is Katrima, I live in Nova Scotia. I lost weight with LAWL before I got pregnant with my daughter. I looked great but could have lost some more. I gained 80 pounds when I was pregnant and due to some medication and very poor choices I weigh as ,uch as I did when I was 9months pregnant. So I got out what info and books I coould find from the program and joined this forum for help.
Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Welcome! Good luck getting back on the wagon!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Starting over....again, at 190

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! I'm new to this site as well. Had amazing success with LAWL when the centers were open, slowly gained all the weight back due to me slipping back into old patterns. Have taken off 10 with 30 more to go. Ordered the Rapid Results meal plan and will start tomorrow. Just finished TakeOFF. Excited to be back at it!!!
ccorrine80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #5  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Wow - super quiet on this thread........I think I follow some of the old timers on FB...so don't check here much. Julie - glad all is going well for you.....you have so much to get healthy for! woo hoo..........
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #6  
Micky50

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/142-152

Height: 5'5"

Thanks JM - Sounds like you're having beautiful summer!
I managed to reach my first mini-goal (165 by 7/2) then promptly bounced back to 170. A bunch of cousins came down last week and our family gatherings always center around food and drink - sigh. So I was determined to resist but south beach, white sangrias, my favorite tiramisu... I'd like to say that it was worth it but now they've gone home and I could kick myself for giving in. Doing take-off for the next 2 days and trying to work out 3-5 times a week. New mini-goal is 155 by mid-September (10 weeks). Wish me luck and hang in there ladies!
NewLifeNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

NewLife-congrats on reaching your goal. I always seem to mess things up right after I meet a goal too-you kinda let down your guard. As you discovered-it's just not worth it! Good luck on the next goal!

i had a FAB weekend-I discovered I fit into what I was calling my "skinny jeans"! I'm about a size 18 now-hoping for a 14 by the end of the summer!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #8  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi ladies, how are ya? Things are pretty much the same with me. I seem to be stuck at 170 to 171. Last night I did two classes at the gym. I did a weights/step class and then I went to an extreme abs class right after. I am hurting today but last night I felt like a million bucks! Even though the weight isnt falling off, I am working really hard at following an exercise program at least 3 to 4 times a week. I admit I fell off the wagon with some food choices this week but its the Calgary Stampede!!!! The food and drinks are flowing! As long as I keep working out, I dont feel as guilty when I eat my corndog with mustard......hehe
I booked a trip to Las Vegas in August so I am super excited. Shopping, shows, pools and a little bit of gambling. We are bringing my 16 year old daughter so she can do her back to school shopping. It will keep me better behaved having her there!!!!
Okay well I should go.
Have a great day!

Joan

Last edited by Hoochie; 07-12-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey all i'm still around..crazy busy. still going at it with my running, cross training and fitday tracking. i've been maintaining, which is just fine with me.
sucks that not many people are checking in here anymore.
glad to see new peeps and a few oldies that are doing well!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi!

I'm Maria and I'm new to the board too! I've been on LAWL before and am back to lose 20 lbs. I wrote my story in the bio section if anyone's interested.

Just finished the KickOff this weekend and only lost an ounce. Yup, 1 OUNCE. I'm disappointed because back in the day I would have lost 3 or more pounds. But what can you do? Today is day 1 of the plan and I'm feeling really good about it.
OrlandoSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Welcome Maria! This board is pretty quiet at the moment-hopefully the new folks joining can help to get it active again.

TakeOff doesn't always do much for weight loss-unless you had a really carb heavy diet (you lose a bunch of retained water) . . .but hopefully it got any cravings under control.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! It has been a couple of years since I have been here, so excited to see some of you still here! I am the conductor of the fat train right now, and I really need to stop the train and get off. What programs you are all doing right now?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

And JM, you know how much I love you! I am so excited to see how awesome you are doing!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #14  
Let's try this again . .

Katie! So glad to see you back on here! Though I'm not technically LAWL, my diet is very low-carb. Any coffee lovers out there? You need to check out Click-coffee flavored protein powder. So yummy-my late afternoon treat!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Hi guys! It has been a couple of years since I have been here, so excited to see some of you still here! I am the conductor of the fat train right now, and I really need to stop the train and get off. What programs you are all doing right now?
me too...

I gained all my weight back and now I've got to start over...

Nice to see you Katie... I'm still struggling trying to get my fibromyalgia in check, how are you doing with yours?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote