Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default Peanut Butter ?!?!?!?!

I am struggling with NOT eating 1-2 TBSP a peanut butter (or almond butter) the last few days. I did great on IP my first week, no intentional cheats. This week is another story. I have somehow made this "cheat" ok since my mind remembers doing Atkins years ago, on which natural PB was ok 1x a day (1 TBSP I think). Now, I KNOW this is a different diet but they are both ketogenic and my body is craving the peanutty goodness and so I have rationalized this cheat.

Can anyone talk be through this? Tell me WHY it is a bad idea and if it cannot work in conjunction with IP? The carbs are low, 1 TBSP is similar to a restricted packet in fats / cals etc.... SO I am struggling to convince myself to stop in the face of cravings + exhaustion. Anyone else suffering with the same issue? I do wish I had never given in . . . three times now.

I lost my willpower along the way =(
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

My sheet from IP states NO NUTS

A 2 TBSP serving has 190 calories and 16 grams of fat per serving, it’s easy to overdo it.

There are Peanut Butter Puffs and Bars ( I haven't tried either)

You could be craving what you are lacking fat and protein. Are you taking your oil as well as an Omega supplement?
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #3  
sas
SAS

S/C/G: 200/200/137

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I am struggling with NOT eating 1-2 TBSP a peanut butter (or almond butter) the last few days. I did great on IP my first week, no intentional cheats. This week is another story. I have somehow made this "cheat" ok since my mind remembers doing Atkins years ago, on which natural PB was ok 1x a day (1 TBSP I think). Now, I KNOW this is a different diet but they are both ketogenic and my body is craving the peanutty goodness and so I have rationalized this cheat.

Can anyone talk be through this? Tell me WHY it is a bad idea and if it cannot work in conjunction with IP? The carbs are low, 1 TBSP is similar to a restricted packet in fats / cals etc.... SO I am struggling to convince myself to stop in the face of cravings + exhaustion. Anyone else suffering with the same issue? I do wish I had never given in . . . three times now.

I lost my willpower along the way =(
My experience is once you start cheating then everything that is a little cheat is ok. and it adds up. the diet takes longer or doesn't work. there are so many restricted peanut type bars. I would try that. One a night hasn't stopped my lose.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #4  

I am going to ask about the supplements at my Thursday consult. I do think that is it . . . that I am missing some necessary fats etc. Once I give in, I am satisfied for quite a while (vs. eating my IP meal and still wanting more). I hope my coach is more knowledgeable than I anticipate . . .
Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #5  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I am a PB freak! Check out the Vanilla Peanut Bars. They are my favorite and I feel like I am really treating myself!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #6  

Thanks! I think my goal of no restricted foods is going to go by the wayside at this rate. That resolve from week 1 might not be my best attack plan :/
Old 07-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

I found Sugar Free Peanut Butter Syrup at my second cup... Going to try and mix it with a chocolate shake... will let you know the outcome
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #8  

OMG. That would be H.E.A.V.E.N.!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Sounds like there are other ways to get your craving that will be OP. If you don't stop this (even though rationally it's hard to see why it would add up or change the "effect" IP diet should have) you'll always wonder if that slowed down your progress. Take the wonder out of it and find ways to get the craving on OP - at least until your closer to your goal weight. Looks like you've got some good PB options - and I'm already missing natural pb mixed with oats and protein powder - I know that that's fine for me - but if I'm going to invest in a packaged deal - I'm going to do my best to use their formula even though when this is done I will go back to my healthy non-IP treats. You'll get back to your pb -- I promise!
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #10  

So True, that is exactly it . . . I wonder and wonder but will never know its effects. I just need to lay down the law (and buy restricted foods . . . once I am allowed).

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No. More. Peanut Butter.
No. More. Extra. Whey. Protein.

I started reading the good Dr's book today, too, so hopefully it'll give me the kick I really need =)

And, I will skip the workout and maybe just go for a walk (if that, its HOT here).
Old 07-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #11  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Eww..speaking from a barista coffee maker experience of my own...the penut butter syrup has got bad reviews! but i guess are taste all varies hey?
When can i have restricteds? Im confused cause i see " 3 weeksfrom now" and then i hear "starting right away" ..so which is it? I hope i can! I would love to try a chocolatey caramal penut bar or something.

The only thing i know about penut butter..is that its high in calories..In fact..doctors and other health gurus say that a lot of people gain weight from indulging on penuts and nuts on diets an thats why they gain weight? Even diets like south beach have a restriction on the number of nuts..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
When can i have restricteds? Im confused cause i see " 3 weeksfrom now" and then i hear "starting right away" ..so which is it? I hope i can! I would love to try a chocolatey caramal penut bar or something.
I am not sure about this one. I have seen people going both ways. My coach said to have one restricted a day from the very beginning (she actually freaked out a little when I mentioned wanting to try "bootcamp" with no restricteds for a week... she is a stickler for the program rules). I think it varies by coach and depending on how sensitive your body is to carbs. I forget if you have said... but are you doing it with a coach or alternative? If with a coach I would say just stick with what they tell you. If alternative... I am not sure what to tell you. Do you know if you are carb-sensitive?
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #13  

Mine said no restricted for the first 2 weeks . . . but then again, she doesn't seem to know very much :/
Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #14  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Im definitly carb sensetive....i dont really have a "coach" per say.. i mean.. i guess they are??? They are online..through internet and emails..Because we dont have a clinic near by..so i found one online one through the IP website..it directed me to an online place that ships IP food and they email you and keep in touch with you throughout your journey.. So i guess i could ask her?

Its probably better i just stay away from carb heavy stuff..i just have to look at a carb and gain weight! Lol!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
Im definitly carb sensetive....i dont really have a "coach" per say.. i mean.. i guess they are??? They are online..through internet and emails..Because we dont have a clinic near by..so i found one online one through the IP website..it directed me to an online place that ships IP food and they email you and keep in touch with you throughout your journey.. So i guess i could ask her?

Its probably better i just stay away from carb heavy stuff..i just have to look at a carb and gain weight! Lol!
Yeah maybe stay away from the restricted for a while then, until your body is really truly well into ketosis and it is harder for a few extra carbs to kick it out. I am lucky and not very carb sensitive, so maybe that is why it never hurt my loss.
I think emailing them is worth a shot. I am sure they are as well informed as the coaches in the clinics (or some of them at least).
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote