Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 07-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 600/240/225

Height: 6'3"

Post I'm new!

Hi there! =)

Thanks for stopping by.

My name is Jacob, and I am 30 yrs old. I have struggled with weight all of my life. Two years ago I found myself tipping the scales at 600 pounds and felt like this was my last shot to get control of my life before I would soon be planning for my death. I followed my dr's advice and started the South Beach Diet, and slowly began exercising as much as I could, which at my starting size was not very much. But over time I built up slowly, eventually joined a gym, and have been able to drop down 16 sizes and now weigh 243 lbs. I would ultimately like to be around 225, but am in no race to get there.

My problem now, after a life of yo-yo dieting, is the constant fear of relapse. I have my good days and my bad days, and I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that this is something that I am going to struggle with every day for the rest of my life. That my journey will never be over, and that it requires constant mindfulness.

It isn't easy for me to say that I "need help." But any and all support that I can get at this point can only help me toward becoming my best self. Hopefully one day NOT living in this constant fear. I am new here, hoping to find support and share my struggles and triumphs, and to be accountable to something outside of myself.

I look forward to reading your stories and sharing our maintenance journeys together.

Thanks! =)

I hope this message finds you doing well.

Jacob
Jmblankenship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Jacob.
You have an inspirational story and journey.
We all struggle from time to time which is why the forums here are so invaluable.
Please join us in the other forums-- chat, exercise, etc.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  
Workin' It

Hey there, Jacob! Welcome!
You definitely have a fantastic story! You have become a totally new person. I know that you must feel fantastic!

Check out the threads here, we are a pretty nice group.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome, Jacob! Congrats on all that you have done! 3FC is one of the rare places that talks a lot about maintenance, so you have come to the right place.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote