Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default A HUGE milestone! (almost. . .)

I am 0.9 pounds away from 50 pounds lost. The sad news is, I can't really TELL! I still look the same. This is the time that before pics would really have come in handy. Too bad I didn't bother to take any. I am aware that my old clothes no longer fit me, but when I look in the mirror I still see the same old same old. Every now and then I'll catch a glimpse of my thigh and it will appear smaller, but it always reverts back. They say slow weight loss helps with this but if I lost any slower I'd be going backwards, and I'm still experiencing this disconnect. Dang.

Anyway, just putting it out there. Sometimes you just have to keep going, trusting that you're doing the right thing, even if the rewards aren't tangible. Hope to report back soon that I'm 50 pounds down, can't wait to change that avatar.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
I am 0.9 pounds away from 50 pounds lost. The sad news is, I can't really TELL! I still look the same. This is the time that before pics would really have come in handy. Too bad I didn't bother to take any. I am aware that my old clothes no longer fit me, but when I look in the mirror I still see the same old same old. Every now and then I'll catch a glimpse of my thigh and it will appear smaller, but it always reverts back. They say slow weight loss helps with this but if I lost any slower I'd be going backwards, and I'm still experiencing this disconnect. Dang.

Anyway, just putting it out there. Sometimes you just have to keep going, trusting that you're doing the right thing, even if the rewards aren't tangible. Hope to report back soon that I'm 50 pounds down, can't wait to change that avatar.
Good for you indeed! I'm one inch shorter than you and at my high weight was only 2lbs lighter. I didn't see much of a difference in the 190s either but I'm sure there's a difference there, just as there was with me; at that weight, 50lbs is pretty noticeable. Sometimes our heads just don't get it. Somedays I still see the 200+lb me in the mirror. Keep going, eventually your eyes will have to see what's really there.

Last edited by Laureedee; 07-18-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! Of course there is a difference, look at pics! Keep up the good work and maybe the goal will be met this week
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! That is awesome. Look around you may find some pics of yourself at your heaviest weight. I was showing my sister and niece some pics of me that were on my phone from last fall when DS and I went to the zoo and they were amazed at how different I looked.

Also go take some pictures now
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #5  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Wow! I can't wait to be there with you! I just finally broke the 30lbs mark myself...and boy was it a struggle. Great job! Keep on, keepin' on!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

congrats!!!

loolking at pictures should help to see the difference, also maybe trying on some of the clothes you were wearing back at the beginning if you still have them.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #7  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

i'm getting close to that 50lb mark myself... of course, i'm quite a bit bigger than you (started at 300, just about 255 right now) and while i have been taking progress pics (shameless advertising: they are on my blog!), i still see what used to be in the mirror which is why i have to remind myself regularly that collarbones never used to show up in the mirror and that when i sat down my stomach used to stick out further than my boobs. losing weight is definitely not purely physical there is a huge psychological part to it as well.

you're doing a great job so far!! stick with it, start taking pics, and eventually your brain will catch up to what your body is doing.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 07-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Every ten pounds lost is more noticeable than previous ten.
You and I have almost the same stats and I remember how much different I looked at 177lbs (one year ago) than I do now (191lbs). I really did not start to see the difference until the last 5 or so lbs. Look at pictures and if you still don't see a difference just know that the next 20 will make a huge difference.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Thanks for your kind replies. I guess sometimes I just want to have a pity party, even when the occasion doesn't call for one. Rationality will prevail!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote