Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default La Weightloss# 68

Hi ladies:
We were getting al little to long.
Gina I don't eat that much yogurt, but when I did I used it in the La shake because I did not like have plain yogurt either.
Diane
Old 05-16-2003, 11:57 AM   #2  

Thanks Diane,

How's everyone doing? I am not starch free anymore, I just couldn't keep it going past the 3-day, so I just added WASA crackers w/ a slice of cheese. I am still maintaining the 5# loss, which it was 20# loss instead. lol

Tab- How is stabilization working out?

Kathy
Old 05-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #3  

Good afternoon to all,

I thought I'd write before it get's even more crazy around here this afternoon. Anyway, good to see that all is doing well, it's been a hectic day around the office. We all are trying to prepare ourselves for a big Med Center meeting on next Tuesday. I will be glad when it comes and goes, it's been a hastle.

Gina, I don't eat a lot of yogurt, I have to get my dairy from other food sources. I can't stand yogurt but I would force it down if I could have the one's with fruit.

Todays workout was tough as usual. The PT never allows me to get use to any one routine, which I guess is good but it doesn't feel that way. He put me back on that darn stairmaster, I hate that thing with a passion. It's the one thing I would never use while in the gym, I always felt intemidated and I never like for a piece of equipment to beat me at anything, so I just wouldn't use it. Today, the PT increased the level and by the time I got to the 3rd set I was about to fall out and I started telling him, I can't make it, I can't make it! But some how or another I managed to hang in there and make it through the entire workout.

My body is so out of wack and unuse to this type of workout that I really believe I can see a difference. I don't know if it's in my mind or what, but what ever it is, I'll take it!

You ladies have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 05-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Wpw Kim...you did make it...you did make it...LOL Man, I give you so much credit. Keep up the good work.

Kathy....good for you maintaining the 5 lost. That is a huge step....besides, Wasa crackers are hardly deadly...like a dounut or something.

Diane...are you hanging in there???? WE CAN DO THIS..say it together.

Well..I weighed in today...lost another lb since Monday...making it a loss of 6 lbs this week. Not bad for the first week. But, I am still fighting this diet thing. Ugh...I mean way of life thing. I am anticipating a rough weekend...birthday party...lots of food, lots of cake and icecream. HMMMMMM...I don't want to be a poop...but I am beginning to hate get togethers or celebrations..because my enemy (food) is gonna be there. How bad is that? well....I am sure I will survive. Hope ever one has a GREAT weekend...let's all stay on plan. I'll check back later.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:03 AM   #5  

Hello Ladies...

How is everyone?? I am still trying to warm up here...It was one of the coldest and wet weekends that I remember in a long time. You would think it was fall not spring.

Well I have to post something that happened to me on Friday and it kinda goes along with what Monkeybabies posted. It is in reference to the parties/celebrations. I like to call this" friend sabotage". On Friday I had an event to attend and after the event our friend invited us back to her home for dinner. She is a really good friend so I asked what was for dinner and she said she was making spaghetti and salad. Now...she knows that I don't eat spaghetti but she assured me that we would have salad. Well we get to her home and things are running behind and she decideds that no one else wants salad so she is not going to make it and tells me "just eat the spaghetti...it will not kill me" At this point in time it is about 9:30pm and I refuse to eat spaghetti....so I don't eat anything. I fixed my hubby a bowl and then I sat around the table and watched everyone eat spaghetti I told the others that we had a late lunch and I was not hungry...which was a lie...I was very hungry....I was pi@@ed off and hurt at the same time. And I was proving a point....it was very emotional for me. And yes I could have eaten the spaghetti...but I knew in the back of my mind that my cheat day was going to be saturday because we were attending a b-day party and I wanted cake and ice cream....so I was trying to be good on Friday. So I can say for the frist time that I went to bed hungry. When we got home friday night I ate a Luna bar and went to bed. I even passed up the ice cream cake on friday night. Actually me and hubby left right after dinner so I didn't have to face that. i know this is my fault....but I totally understand about the celebrations....So at weigh in on Saturday morning I was down 1lb...which was due to me not eating on Friday night.

So on Saturday I had my b-day cake and ice cream....I ate sooo much that I made myself feel sick. And then Saturday night we were invited to a b-day party and I thought for sure that they would have something that I could eat like veggies...but nooooo nothing healthy...so again I didn't eat but....when we left the party which was about midnight I had my husband stop at store and I ended up eating 2 balance bars as my dinner....and of course I snacked on the cheese cubes and potato chips at the party....I tried to stay away but I was really hungry. I don't know why I put myself in these situtations...I don't want to be a party pooper but I do want to be healthy...but it is hard when most of my friends are overweight and they tell me I am to skinny just eat. And that potato chips and spaghetti will not kill me....but to be honest it is killing a part of me...and it is called my willpower.

All in all stabilization is going well....I get to add one more fruit...so now I can have four fruits a day...and I can have bananas....I had my first banana yesterday in 6 months...it was sooo good. But beside the friend sabotage...I am doing great. You just don't know how much stuff I am taking from my friends right now...the comments...I have even been asked if I am aneroxic. Can you believe that??? I was shocked.

I am so so sorry to blab....but I tell you since I have lost the weight I am dealing with whole other set of emotional problems...things I never thought of.....

Kim...thanks for that post.....It is soooo true....body image is something I think we all struggle with and we get all tied up in the number on the scale. When I was with my PT if I said "I can't" out loud I had to do more reps....yikes....so keep up the good work and I am sure your body is changing and you are losing inches...you are working hard...You go girl..*smile*

KitKat....Yes...startch free is hard....but try and keep them limited and you will maintain in not still lose weight....stabilization is OK..

Monkeybabies...Remember as we have said in the past...slow and steady wins the race....you keep getting closer to the finish line each week you lose weight...

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 05-19-2003, 10:36 AM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

Default Monday

Good Morning...
Well...It ended up being a super weekend. Yesterday was beautiful...one of those days that is not too hot, but not too cold...just right. It started out good....Friday nite my neighbor and I went out for dinner (no kiddos) and that was nice because we had uninnterupted conversation. I went off plan some (not bad...it could have been way worse). And Saturday nite, my SIL had a medium come to a psychic party. I don't know if any of you are in to this stuff....but it is interesting to say the least. And you know what she told me???? Now mind you...she did was not even reading my palms or cards or anything...just my spirit guides . She said...Girl....you better let go of these body issues..and you rlife would be a lot more easier....it just blew me away. SHe told me it is all about attitude, and I am approaching it all wrong. If you think..negatively...that is what the outcome will be. She said to shift my thinking....and we are all beautiful because we are all Godlike. HMMMMM...there was so much more to this convo...but...too much to post.

Yesterday was the party...and I did really well...I suprised myself...and you know what, I ate before I went. That helped out alot. I did not even eat cake. How about that???

Well...I am planning on getting weighed later on today..JOY. Check back later.

Gina
P.S...Tab....I am sorry about your friend. That totally stinks. But, I believe it..because, I think I may have that problem too...down the line Not only with friend but family. I wonder why they are so threatened by you??? You are the same Tab. Well...maybe you are not...we learn a lot when we loose the weight. Life lessons that could not be taught any other way. I am sorry that stabilization is not what you expected at all. Unfortunately....it sounds like a struggle. Keep up the goodwork. I am sooooooo proud of you taht you made it this far. You are one of my mentors....ha...what do you think about that?????????
Old 05-19-2003, 02:21 PM   #7  

Monkeybabies....I am so impressed that you passed on the cake...I would have ate your serving and mine too...*smile* I am the same person...I just look different. I have learned alot about alot of things over these last 6 years of losing weight. I honestly think I could write a book. And it would be true to heart. I have had good times and bad time. You sound really motivated and I am very happy for you. You have found what is working for you...keep up the good work...and thanks for listening to me...see another thing and I don't think that i have mentioned this anywhere....none of my friends know that I am on LA weightloss...why??? because of the no support...it would have been...why are you wasting your money?? that is such a waste it will never work....so I just decided to do it on my own and if it didn't work then I would not of had to listen to I told you soo....so I guess that is why I am so happy that I have this board because I can vent and be myself...so maybe I have changed because these people are supposed to be my friends and family but I cant tell them this....plus I think this is all getting to me because I am pre TOM.....starts in 8 days...so I get hurt easily...and friday night was a real eye opener. Thanks again
Old 05-19-2003, 09:07 PM   #8  
You can do it!!!!

Where is everyone today?????
I miss you all.......

Tab...wow, I can not believe that you kept this LA thing from your friends. I mean...I wish I had...because it is the "how is that LA thing going" all the time, but wow...what will power. I really don't blame you...but that must have been tough...and I am sorry that you have NO support from them.

I am also glad we have this board...and this great website. Since this forum was SO SLOW today...I checked out some of the other threads, and I have learned a lot from them too.
Well...chat soon.
And no, I did not go to LA to get weighed today....
Old 05-20-2003, 09:15 AM   #9  

Hello Everyone....

Just wanted to get a quick post in before work gets too crazy. Next week we will be at an off-site all week sooo it is busy here getting things ready....and of course I am worried about what I will be eating. This place that we are going to feeds you really really well...I will just have to make good food choices. I picked the menus and I tried to be healthy but I have others that don't eat sooo healthy.

Monkeybabies...yes it was hard to keep it from them but I did it. When I had to go get weighed I always made up some excuse. And to be honest no one ever asked me why I was eating the way I did....except for when they started noticing the weight loss then that is when they wanted to know what I was doing....I just said low carbs....and of course I got a rash of bull about that...Don't get me wrong I have a wonderful group of friends but weightloss has always been an issue...all my friends are on the heavy side....over 200lbs and when I first lost the weight it was great....but now that I have kept it off for over 5 years...they get tired of me always watching what I eat...they just are not in a place in their life where they are ready to make the change. They all have small childern and/or are pregnant with the second and I am newly married and not really thinking of kids just yet.....wanna enjoy the weightloss a little more before I put the weight back on *smile*

Kim....Where are you??? Looking for an update!!

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:24 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies,

It's been so hectic here at work that I haven't had time to post. It's not a good thing to have PMS and it seam like all **** is breaking lose all around you. I get very sensitive during this time and I allow things and people to bother me that may not have during other times. I have a big meeting today and I was up most of the night thinking about it, which is not good, this is only a job, not my life! When I left this morning from home, I believe I left the garage door open, so I'm praying my sister will go by and check it for me so I won't worry all day. I'm so off focus because of work. I just can't remember if I put that garage door down and 6/7PM is to late for me to wait. I'm waiting on her to call back now.

Tab-I do understand what you're going through, I haven't told anyone about LAWL. When I mentioned to my sister that I had hired a PT, she started with "you're crazy and becoming obssessive with this weight thing, you don't need a PT". So I decided not to say anything else. I don't need negative people around me. When we're overweight we tend to hang around people who are overweight, it makes us feel good about ourselves but when one decides to change the others feel threathen. I believe this is because one will draw more attention then the others. But Tab, stay encourage and kno that if they support you then they are your friends and if they don't then they never were from the beginning.

Gina-I personally don't believe in psychics but I do believe in the gifts of the spirit, which are given by God. These gifts can be and should be used to edify and glorify God. It can also be used in an evil way. What the woman said may in fact be true but look to your own heart about matters that concern you.

I missed you guys on yesterday to but today is going to be a day. Inspite of, I've got expectation of greatness. Lets stay focus and on plan as we move into our destiny!!!

Kitkat & Diane--How are you girls doing?
Old 05-20-2003, 09:35 AM   #11  

Hi all,

I'm doing pretty well. I stuck to the diet and lost 6# last week!

Kim- I agree w/ you. I don't tell most people about my weightloss ventures, just because of their negative reaction. Why not try to lose weight if I can any healthy way I can? As long as I know i'm doing right by me then, when my weightloss starts showing, others will be asking what have I done, etc.

Tab- Good luck w/ the food choices.

Diane- How's it going?

Kathy
Old 05-20-2003, 01:07 PM   #12  

Kitkat,

You're doing a great job, hangin there!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:45 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies!

Well, today is my Friday, I will be in a training class for the next couple of days and I'm out of the office on Tuesday of next week. I have so much work to do that I wanted to cancel the training class but after I thought about it, I need the break. It's been a stressful couple of weeks or year. This is the first job where there is a rush project everyday, I just don't understand. I'm considering calling the temp agency I used a couple of years ago. I'll use this long weekend to give it some serious thought. I'm tired of being under the gun all the time.

Anyway, enough of that. I worked out with the PT this morning and it's not getting easier but harder with each week. He now wants me to push a little harder on the cardio. He said I need to step up a notch every week. I'm looking at him like he's crazy, but I know he's not. He said in order for me to go the distance I need to increase the intensity not so much the level. So I'm going to try starting next week. This gives me the motivation not to overeat during the long weekend. I had a good evening yesterday and when I felt like cheating, I went up stairs to bed. So of course that meant an early night.

OK--I guess it's my turn to say "Where is everybody???"

Well, I still plan on working out for the next 2 days since I won't have any place to workout over the weekend. I'm going out of town, so I'll see if my uncle will get me a free pass for a couple of day, I really hate to miss 2/3 days, especially since we're doing a fitness test on Wednesday.

Until later on ladies, have a great OP day!
Old 05-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #14  
You can do it!!!!

Hello all...
wel...I got weighed yesterday..UGH..only .4 loss. I hate that. Yo think you are doing o.k...and feel good..but then you see that. But at least it was not a gain?

Kathy..great job on the 6 pounds gone...that is great. Keep it up..or down should I say???

Kimbo...kick it up a notch? Well...at least you are getting your money out of him. Good luck with the 3 day weekend. Maybe...it sounds like looking for another job that is a wee bit less stressful might not be a bad idea.

Diane? WHere are you? Tab? Are ya there.....

Every one else?

Well..I will check back later.
P.S. I am begining to start working out. I have a treadmill. Any suggestions as to..how I should begin? Obviously...start walking...but any tips in general would be helpful. Thanks
Gina
Old 05-21-2003, 02:46 PM   #15  

Hey Gina,

Any lost is better than a gain, I'll take it!

I'm thinking Tab may be real busy, going out of town next week and all. As for the rest, they may be missing in action.

Good luck on your new adventure in working out. My only advise is to start slow, workout every other day until you get use to the routine. I believe it takes 4/6 months of consistency before you're hook, so hang in there. I don't know that to be a fact but I do know that it's not an over night process.

I really don't like the treadmill but it seams to be the only thing that helps get rid of the butt & hips so I've been running at least 3 times a week. I'm not a fast runner, I've just pushed myself to 6.0 mph and it's killing me but I feel like I've done something. You could also keep your pace steady and incline, I usually do that for the last 10 minutes and it really helps.

Well, I probably won't write again until next Wednesday, so ladies have a great week and a wonderful holiday!!
Closed Thread