Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #1  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default Male Attention

Is it TERRIBLE how much I'm enjoying the new male attention I'm getting this summer?? I'm getting so vain with all of the looks I'm receiving.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #2  
Amazing will be me

Enjoy it hun , u only live once.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

But it's a good vain! Because we have experienced being so overweight to where we couldn't even stand looking at ourselves our vanity will only reach a certain level because we'll appreciate our new bodies. For those who never struggled with this the expect attention and don't appreciate it. I'm speaking in generalities, of course!

So YOU GO GIRL! Soak up the sun and the attention and rock that new bod of yours!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Good for you! If you enjoy it, then go for it! I have mixed feelings about it. While I find it flattering, I feel very uncomfortable with it.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #5  
~Kim~

Enjoy it I say! I went shopping yesterday and had a few guys check me out, and one cashier even flirted with me. All with my 5 year old in tow. Talk about motivation to keep going.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #6  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I don't know. For me, I think it might be just having been ignored for the last few years and now guys actually take a second glance (or stare). Feels good!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #7  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
But it's a good vain! Because we have experienced being so overweight to where we couldn't even stand looking at ourselves our vanity will only reach a certain level because we'll appreciate our new bodies. For those who never struggled with this the expect attention and don't appreciate it. I'm speaking in generalities, of course!

So YOU GO GIRL! Soak up the sun and the attention and rock that new bod of yours!
My husband and I were talking about this the other day. Some girls (and guys too) have been 'hot' all their lives*, and have this sort of entitlement attitude towards just about everything.
I think the victory will be sweeter for someone who has fought for their new body. I know I will never take it for granted.
But live it up!
*exceptions to every rule, void where prohibited, etc ;p
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #8  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

It's also a lot about confidence though. There are plenty of slim women who don't notice/invite/attract male attention because they slouch around and try to be invisible. If you feel good, people will pick up on it and some of those people will be men checking you out.

(I'm the confident hip-swinging sort and I have always gotten a fair amount of attention, even when I'm fat and even as I get older (35) and even when I am really, really not trying to court male attention. I agree that it is often really uncomfortable and unpleasant. A nice reminder of your basic hotness, once in a while, but otherwise a bothersome thing that puts one on the defensive. I do not like predatory men!)
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #9  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post

So true. You know to appreciate it, so live it up!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote