Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Has anyone shifted their "Muffin Top"???

Well i say Muffin Top mines more like a rubber ring.hahaha

My belly is the major part of my body that causes my insecurity. And i really hope that when i lose my weight it can be looking flatter. Im not wanting a washbord or anything , would just like to know what it feels like to wear nice fitted clothes or a bikini or nice underwear with out the bulbber monster sticking out.

id love to hear some tummy success stories or see pictures. Would be a real motivation for me
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

my tummy has definitely gotten flatter as i've lost weight...and it's always been the part i hate the most on my body...it didnt used to be so big even at this same weight before i had my last baby, but now at this weight, i still have more of a tummy...but as i've lost weight, it's definitely gotten much smaller and flatter...hoping the trend will continue so i will have a definitely flat tummy eventually...also helps when i dont eat sugars and flours (or lots of carbs)
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I wish I had pictures of what my stomach used to look like. It was scary. My jogging/running has helped me to shed some of the pooch from two pregnancies. It's a lot flatter and tighter - particularly in the upper abs, obliques and my torso area where it meets the thigh. The section directly below the navel is still a work-in-progress. I've also started to see some definite ab definition - not like a bodybuilder but more like girl abs, lol. Also, the reduction of simple sugars and carbs and adding more veggies and fruits into my diet has helped as well. Just keep at it, I'm with you in spirit. Good luck.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #4  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

I feel exactly the same way. Your description of a rubber ring explains exactly what I have. It sucks cause my legs/butt are fit and muscular and the rest of me like my face and back are catching up, but I STILL have the big over hanging ring around my stomach. Mine seems to be unique because it only affects the top of my abdomen so it looks like I'm pregnant (but it's too flabby to look truly pregnant) and carrying the baby exclusively in my upper abdomen. I look awful in clothes because of it. I feel your pain.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #5  
I think I can...

My 3 babies have not been kind to my poor belly. As with fitmom jogging has helped a lot! and I just started doing it (c25k) and I don't know if you take supplements but I started taking CLA and I notice a definite difference in my belly in a weeks time!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzKiki View Post
My 3 babies have not been kind to my poor belly. As with fitmom jogging has helped a lot! and I just started doing it (c25k) and I don't know if you take supplements but I started taking CLA and I notice a definite difference in my belly in a weeks time!
what is CLA?
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

To answer you're ? Nope.

It is what it is after having twins that weighed over 6#s each.

It's littler, but not going anywhere. I'm ok with it.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I went from a very large muffin top to what I called a "dun flop". My muffin top at least had some "stand up" to it. When I got my dun flop the skin was still there but had half the fat so it was "deflated" and fell over my pants. It totally grossed me out. Thankfully now I have a "paunch" and the skin has been shrinking up nicely (and I've had 2 big kids) so don't worry, in time it'll shrink, just don't panic while your skin catches up with your fat loss. On a similar note my butt was always big but at least "firm". Now with my weight loss it is so darned "squooshy" it feels like it is deflated. Here's hoping that will go away soon.
Dog Rescue Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #9  
I think I can...

Butterbean I order from vitacost, they have good prices and usually ship the same day. and now I'm about to check out L-Carnitine. I like fat melting off!! LOL.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #10  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Mine has flattened out a ton with weight loss. Even each little three to five pound loss flattens it a little more! So no worries, it'll get there.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

You can get L-carnitine from bodybuilding suppliers. I'm on acetyl L-carnitine, which I think is a better form of it, as a supplement for the ME/CFIDS. It certainly doesn't burn the fat away when used alone, I was on it long before I started dieting. I'm using it for energy levels, though as my body doesn't work the way normal bodies do, that doesn't mean it has the same effect on everyone else.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #12  
Amazing will be me

wow been fab reading your stories im hoping for a flatter tummy very soon, and im going to read up on CLA and the other suggestions thanks guys xxx
Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4''

Truthfully, I've seen large physical changes everywhere except my tummy. It has gotten smaller, but I can't really tell without comparing pictures. I don't know it will ever really improve.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #14  

Height: 5'9

I don't have one anymore, only the slight curve under the navel. I think only liposuction would remove that, but dressed or even in underwear I look more or less flat. I have 2 kids and won't complain
Leonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #15  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonor View Post
I don't have one anymore, only the slight curve under the navel. I think only liposuction would remove that, but dressed or even in underwear I look more or less flat. I have 2 kids and won't complain
wooo theres deff hope for me yet thats great well done