Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #1  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Talking Super healthy and nice snack, 140cal!

So, OMG... I just made the best snack in ages. I bought some tempeh today, and was wondering what to do with it and how to prepare it. What I did was the following:

Ingredients:
- 25g tempeh
- 2 tsp sambal
- 1 tablesoon of ketjap
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- big lettuce leaves

- cut off about 25gram of tempeh and chop it into small pieces (like tiny fries)
- put them in a little bowl with some ketjap, sambal and lemonjuice for half an hour
- use 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a nice skillet and fry/bake the tempeh for a few minutes till dark

Serve on a small plate with lettuce leaves, and roll each piece of tempeh in a piece of lettuce before you eat it. It's nice, crispy and feels like you are eating a roll of something really unhealthy, but you are not! It's about 15 to 25 pieces, so it feels like you ate a ton also!

Last edited by philana; 07-15-2011 at 08:37 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

This could satisfy my craving for something fried but a lot healthier. I'm definitely gonna try this. Thanks.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote