View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #55
djs06

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post

Random question: you know how bisexuals will sometimes say "I'm not interested in the person's gender/what's between their legs, I fall in love with their personality"? I've said it myself in the past, usually when having to justify myself to someone who is being unpleasant about bisexuality. It was pointed out on the previous LGBT thread that this is actually not a very nice thing to say, because it's basically a put-down of everyone who's not bisexual. Can anyone think of a way of getting across that general point without being unpleasant about it? The world being what it is, I doubt there's a bisexual around who doesn't have to justify their sexual orientation from time to time, and often we have to painstakingly explain that no, bisexuals are not confused or more likely to cheat or "trying to have their cake and eat it", and that bisexuality is not the same as non-monogamy. (At which point I often end up also explaining the basics of polyamory to them, and they can look even more shocked that there are people out there who are in faithful, balanced non-dyadic relationships.)

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. (Although I wouldn't personally choose to frame it in a way that causes people to think deeply about genitals, i.e. "what's between their legs" ) Although I consider myself a lesbian, it doesn't mean that I don't fall in love with the *person,* it's just that the person always happens to be female. I wouldn't not in a relationship with someone BECAUSE they were male, I wouldn't (at this point in my life, though I have in the past) be in a relationship with someone I did not have love-feelings for- and that, in my experience, precludes men.

So, no problems with it here.

Goal 1: Lowest adult weight (222)

Last edited by djs06 : 07-15-2011 at 11:16 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote