Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #1  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Default What's a reasonable amount of time to SEE a change?

I have been following a healthier eating plan and exercising for about 6 weeks now, maybe 7, with only a few hiccups along the way.

While I've lost about 11 pounds, I don't actually see a difference at all. My jeans fit the same, I seem to have the same rolls in all the same places. I did take measurements this month and will check again in another couple of weeks. I haven't taken photos yet, I was going to do that every other month, so a couple weeks for that too.

I FEEL different, just in my couch to 5k workout alone, I really feel so strong, it's amazing. But I have a lot of weight to lose, a lot of muscle to earn, and a long journey to go. Why does it seem like I'm totally treading water??
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #2  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the same boat. I'm down almost 25 lbs but everything seems the same. I've lost some inches, but nothing noticeable.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #3  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

It definitely depends on how big you are to start with and how/where you carry your weight. I'm just about 25 lbs down now, and all of a sudden, I
noticed clothing getting too big this past week.

A couple of years ago, I lost over 40 lbs (put most of it back, unfortunately!) and it took until that same 25-30 lbs mark before it really became noticeable in my body and in my clothes.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
It definitely depends on how big you are to start with and how/where you carry your weight. I'm just about 25 lbs down now, and all of a sudden, I noticed clothing getting too big.....
This.

For me, I felt a change in my clothes after losing 10% of my weight so almost 20 pounds (or 165). But I'm short too and that makes a difference as well. It was only when I went to a smaller clothing size did other people notice. Baggy clothes did nothing for me! LOL And I actually SAW a change when I got into the 140's. The visual comes later for many people who have been overweight for so long like me. That is why it is so important to take pictures along the way.

But don't fret. Once your start feeling your clothes get baggy it'll just keep going and going. Go to Walmart and pick up a pair of cheap pants that is a size too small. Take a picture in them even if they are tight. Then in another month, take another picture. It's good to use the same pair of pants to measure your success and definitely take those pics!!

You are doing excellent! Don't give up. Your dreams will be realized before you know it!

Last edited by ShanIAm; 07-14-2011 at 06:57 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

It depends on so many different factors. How much weight we have to lose, where our bodies decide to shed it from first, how fast we're losing it.

Sometimes the changes we notice are small to start. Feeling a little stronger during work outs...like we can take a couple extra steps. Not having to stop on the stairs to catch our breath, things like that.

I remember it took me about 50 pounds to drop a size the first time around. I also remember that point, because I was pulling my pants on and off without unbuttoning them! But that 50 pounds took a good 6 months to lose. Even then, I didn't "see" a difference in my body. Rolls, fat, chub rub. It took relying on my clothing and the scale to allow it to hit me that it was all adding up. Every pound lost, every step taken.

It'll show eventually. Promise.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #6  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there! When I was on the losing ....years back...., I did not notice any difference until about 25 pounds or more. And, this depends on the kind of clothes you wear too.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #7  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

It sounds like you're doing great, physically! As the others have said, it depends on how much you have to lose and where you carry it. If you were 100lbs, and lost 5, it would DEFINITELY show. Just be patient - it'll happen! And meanwhile, you're doing great.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote