Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Talking First Mini-Mini Goal Reached EVER

Okay this isn't a huge difference but I managed to lose 5lbs since I joined last week! This is literally the first time I have ever managed to successfully (and healthily) lose weight! I'm about 129 right now down and some change (call it 130).

My Mini Goals:
Saturday 30th: 125
Wensday 17th: 120
Wensday 31st: 115
Then back-to-school with a 115lb me! :-)

Does this sound reasonable or is this going to be too steep for me to handle? Suggestions, advice, encouragement or anything is welcome.

Anyway I'm just really proud that so soon I've been seeing results! Hopefully this keeps up for awhile longer :3! <3

Thanks everyone! (> ^.^)>
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Congrats on losing weight healthfully!

I would caution that those very high expectations may not be achievable. You're already within a healthy weight/height ratio, so you have that "against" you. Your body isn't always going to want to lose weight as fast. You're aiming to lose about 2 pounds a week, which isn't impossible, but it might not be probable.

It might be better to instead shift your focus from the scale to the actions that are going to get the scale to move. What did you do well your first week? What can you plan to continue to do? Those types of things

Someone who is actually close to a healthy weight or within a healthy weight range may not need to lose weight so much as "get fit". So you might lose some inches while exercising and eating healthier, but the scale may not go down very much. It's going to vary from person to person, but just so you have a heads up.

Again, congratulations on a great first week Keep up the healthy habits!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote