Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 08:09 AM   #1  

Angry Time for SERIOUS FUN #2

Hi there and welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN thread. We are a group of people trying to support each other on our weight loss journeys. We are here to support each other in any way we can. We do not just talk about weight loss, as you will find when you read the thread. We like to talk about everyday stuff too, and support each other in all of that as it all ties in together.

We currently have a summer challenge going on courtesy of gma2one, here is what she opened us with on the first thread that she started.

1. I am going to EXERCISE at least 4 times every week
2. I am going to cut out 1 food that I know is BAD for me
3. I am going to TRY and stay on my program everyday
4. I am going to get that water in
5. I am going to tell myself I am beautiful everyday and MEAN IT because you are!
6. I am going to help at least one person who is struggling by my love and encouragement!

Are you with me ladies? Can you really be positive about your life, love you now not just when you are thin? It is tough to do sometimes, but I know you can do it. Help is ON THE WAY!

So my beauties if you feel like chatting with us just grab a keyboard and jump on in, we are here for you. Have fun, that’s what life is supposed to be about.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:28 AM   #2  

Smile NEW THREAD

Good Morning girls, hope you like the new start of the thread. Please feel free to start a new one if this one gets to long and I forget. I do have my options thing set on 30 posts per page, so this way I know when it says we hit page 2 that it's time for a new thread.

Yesterday was another on plan day for me. My regular weigh day is Tuesdays now and well, I stepped on the scale this a.m for a peek and I'm down some already, not gonna tell you how much cause I don't want to jinx it.

How is everyone else doing? Yesterday was a little slow day on the thread. I went to Evans choral concert, the kids did a wonderful job, but it was long, and the gym was so hot!!!! Another thing, has anyone noticed what children wear these days? Particularly girls? OMG, last night if some of those girls were mine they would not have made it out of the house. I'm sorry, I don't think a 7th or 8th grade child should be flaunting all they got. Skin tight shirts, short short skirts, those new style shirts that kinda like outline the boobs (you know the ones with elastic like under the boob line). Let me tell you when my daughter is in that grade she will not be in public like that!!! Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it's no wonder some older boys/young men get into trouble, these girls look lots lots older.
Okay enough said about that...I tend to ramble on and on.

I sent Evan out on the boat with his dad today and Alexis and I are off to the grocery store soon to get the things I forgot yesterday . I also have to make a pumpkin pie for the fire department, they are having a supper/auction tonight, that will be fun. My hubby is a volunteer fire man, he is a Captian on the Department so we kind of have to go. The auction is always fun. My hubby usually donates lobsters, so it's nice to see how much the summer folks will bid .

Okay, I posted.......tag your it!! If your reading please feel free to post. No need to lurk, I love to chat....

Tootles,
PEEK
Old 06-07-2003, 08:56 AM   #3  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Give each other your best encouraging words!

Peek: Thanks for helping out with the thread!

Well, we spent 2 1/2 hours at the doctors and they gave dh shots and oral antibiotics and he has to go back the first of next week to get checked up on. Except for a sore arm, he is not feeling any repercussions from the mishap. I told him it must have been pretty scary in the second before he knew he was not going to be able to keep from going in and ever the jokster he said, "You know in Jaws when the captain of the ship can't squirm away from the shark and he is sliding down the deck into its mouth, that's how I felt."

I am highly recommending Bruce Almighty. I really really don't like Jim Carrey and have a problem with movies that "make fun of God" so to speak, but though the commercials look like that is what they are dong, actually it isn't and it is a good movie. It is very very funny and I even cried the last 20 minutes because it is very touching too. I did have a hot dog and soda, but it was nearly 8 o'clock by the time we got to the movies and we had had nothing to eat since lunch. I will just work it off in the pool this morning.

It is also TOM so I am retaining water. YUCK!

I hope everyone has beautiful sunny weather to enjoy this weekend. Looks like we are going to have rain on an off the whole weekend.

You ladies take care. My Sunny Thoughts are these:

Jana: We are all excited to know you are gonna be a grandma again. Just think, you have time to be just a little bit skinnier grandma and I know you will be!

Peek: You my dear are a treasured friend! Ladies, you could not ask for a better friend than this lady. She is superb!

Michelle: You my sweet are going to make a fabulous mother someday! You have everything it takes to succeed in all areas of your life!

Deon: You are a brave and courageous lady who can overcome anything life puts in front of you. We could all take a lesson from you honey!

Missy: You have the courage and strength of character to be that "hotty" you want to be. You uplift us here and we love you for it!

Sandy: Your commitment to a new way of life for yourself is commendable. I know you will be able to accomplish your goal weight and be where you want to be.

Elle: You are greatly missed sweety. I have looked back at the posts and see that we haven't gotten to talk to you much. I just want you to know that all of us care about you and anything that may or may not be hindering you at this time!

To all of you ladies: I am proud to be part of a group of ladies with the determination and strength to go after what they want, work hard and acheive it! Keep up the spectacular work!

Faye
Old 06-07-2003, 04:18 PM   #4  

Unhappy Were are you all?

Dear Friends,
Where did you all go? I started a new thread and it has just been me and Faye? Come out, come out where ever you are. The thread did not close down due to the weekend .

Hubby and I are almost ready to leave for the dinner but I wanted to pop in and see what was up. Food has been good still, but gosh I need a poke in the a$$ to get the exercise thing going. Faye, could you fedex that pool up this way along with some heat so it would be warm enough to swim, I love to swim.

I hope you are all doing great!!!

Tootles,
Old 06-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #5  

Peek: Why don't you just come here every morning and join me? It would be great to have someone else to exercise with? Hope you enjoy your dinner tonight. Eat a smidge of pie for me. I love pumpkin!

Man, I went to bed so late last night and got up at 5 am so I was pooped. Laid down on bed while dh was watching ballgame and kept waking up somewhere in the innings. Cubbies won today, yippeee! First time they every beat the Yankees. Hadn't played them since 1938 and on top of that our first baseman while running for an infield ball, collided with the pitcher, got whacked, fell and hit his head in the dirt and knocked himself completely out. they ended up bringing an ambulance onto the field and taking him off to the hospital. Sheesh, boys play rough!

It turned out to be a pretty day even though they were saying thunderstorms. Man I wish I knew that, I could have gone to the pool a little later and maybe a little warmer!

Well, since everyone is busy busy today, I am going to bid you adieu!

Faye
Old 06-07-2003, 08:41 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

This is the very first chance I've had to post - I was in Evansville most of the day.

PEEK! You sweetie!! Thanks a bunch for starting a new thread. My ISP out here in the boonies is so outta date! But it's better than nothing! BTW, I've got firemen in my family, too. A nephew is Batallion Chief, another one is a paid volunteer, and yet another one is a regular volunteer. They are all brothers. What makes me mad is how they put their lives on the line for all the meth fires! But don't get me started...

Faye - Hope your DH is better, with whatever is was... I can't pull up the other thread to check it out. Sounds like you did okay at the movies...

FYI - Elle is on vacation - she went to Alaska for fish for salmon. We hope she has a really good time.

I have been OP all week, and my arm is just about broken from patting myself on the back! LOL... But I am having shin splints from doing the WATP tape! What's up with that?? Tomorrow I am going to do just 1/2 of it (I only do the 1 mile!) and see if that helps.

Tomorrow is the Father/Son dinner at our church. I have already planned what I will eat. No, I'm NOT a father, nor a son, lol, but I'm on the committee responsible for the dinner. This is my last event with them, since I have resigned. I'll tell you all about where my extra time is going to go (not grandkids, lol) in my next letter.

Sorry this is so long!

TTFN,
Jana
Old 06-08-2003, 08:08 AM   #7  

Good Morning girls,

Faye: My hubby said to tell you that he rooted for your Cubbies the other day. Said if they can beat the Yankees he will root for them almost all the time. Said congrats on the win against the best team that MONEY CAN BUY!!

Janna: glad you can join us again. I will continue to start a new thread when it reaches 30 so you can continue, but please feel free to start a new one yourself if I can't get to it in time.

So Elle is off Salmon fishing in Alaska? OMG what a neat thing, I mean I don't fish but would love to go to Alaska, I'm sure my hubby would like the fishing part. Our dream vacation is an Alaskan Cruise.

I have decided today is the day I add back in the exercise component of my journey, I have too!!!! Once I get started I will be fine, it's the initial starting that is the killer.

Missy, Michelle, Sandy, and Deon?????? You are all MIA????Where are you girls?
Old 06-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Peek - good for you, committing to exercise! Just a little bit each day would get you in the right direction.

Faye - good morning!

Scale report - 2 more pounds gone! That's 13 now. Or, as I like to think of it - 52 sticks of butter! When I lose 2 more, I'm going to reward myself with a Sony Discman that also has am/fm radio. I had one before and gave it to DD16 and now I miss it, boo hoo.

Today is the dinner at church, and I have figured my points accordingly. Here's the menu:

1/2 cup cole slaw - 2 points
1 chicken leg - 4
1/2 cup mashed potatoes - 2
1/3 cup corn - 1

total= 9 points! I hate to spend them that way, but have no choice on the menu. Church dinners can be so disturbing! But at least I have planned it.

Better go - I'll check in later today.

TTFN,
Jana
Old 06-08-2003, 09:37 AM   #9  

Okay, I'm trying to post a pic the way a friend on another thread explained how to do it.....

Okay I did it!!!! Yahoo.....anyway thats me, was a long day...lol, but now you know who your talking to.
Old 06-08-2003, 03:09 PM   #10  

Good afternoon girls, where are you all? I'm lonely...
Old 06-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #11  

Hey ladies!

Sorry I just haven't had time to post today. I went out and did my 45 minutes in the pool, came in and cleaned up and then dh and I went downtown so he could show me where the city hall is and a parking garage I can park in tomorrow. I am going in to put my application in for the city of Memphis registry for clerks and secretaries. I also applied for a job with a law firm again. I would really like the law firm job( 5 years experience). I am definitely qualified and the money is pretty good. Say a little prayer for me! Thanks!

Jana: Woohoo for you girl! Congrat on the weight loss!

Peek: I cannot tell you how funny you are! I surely do treasure your friendship.

I think the folks next door moved out in the middle of the night. Their broken down truck is gone. I just hope we don't get someone worse living next door.

Well, I need to do some work. I promise I will try and do better tomorrow.

All you ladies are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Faye
Old 06-08-2003, 09:00 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Peek - thanks for posting your picture. It's nice to have a face to go with the name. DD16 said she will help me put mine on sometime.

Faye - Good luck with the applications. Sounds like you are very well qualified. Hopefully you will get some nice neighbors. I lived next door to a crazy man in town. He set out antifreeze on purpose and our puppy drank it and died a horrible death. I called the authorities and they said unless he dumped it on the ground that there was nothing he could do. Out here in the country I don't have to worry about people like that....

Where the heck is everyone else? Faye, your thread is getting as puny as the Jaded Ladies, lol.

I stayed OP at the dinner today and didn't have any trouble doing it.

Well, I'm going to go spend some quality time with my DH (wink, wink).

TTFN,
Jane
Old 06-08-2003, 09:48 PM   #13  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hellooooooo ladies!!!

I found the new thread and I took the time to find the link from home (I'd been posting from work all week hee hee).

Sorry for my lack of posting, but I woke up on Saturday with a sore throat! Bah!

Two little good pieces of news though....sickness makes you want to eat less LOL so that's one minor plus, I pretty much managed to stay on plan this whole weekend. That's actually going to have to be a goal for me. I tend to try to eat well during the week, then it all falls apart on the weekends...I'm seeing 2 guys who love to take me out to dinners and lunches LOL, so it get's to be a BIT hard to stay good...especially when I absolutely LOOOOOOVVVEEEEEE Olive Garden's portabello mushroom ravioli...and of course the appetizer, drink and dessert. LOL

And the other good piece of news...I figured out how to work the smilies! It seems I"d just been using the quick reply function instead of just replying ...so as Homer would say.... Doh!

Anyway, the bummer is that I slacked off on exercise and only got in 3 work outs last week. I usually play catch up on the weekends and since I was sick this weekend, it didn't happen. Boo! But that's ok....So, what is the new plan for Monday ladies? I'm all for the strategies to get me by day by day.

I think you are right and that 130lbs. will be my gw. This week I'm gonna head over to Dotties and try to make myself a good plan to work with, but as it stands right now, I'm good with my sickness diet. LOL

Faye, thanks so much for your encouraging words. I Know that everyone else appreciated them as much as I did...and Peek, I didn't leave ya, LOL, I eventually found my way here.

Anyway, not much else to report on my end of the world...I'm gonna go to bed and try to sleep away my sickness!

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend and that MOnday is gonna be good too!

Love you guys!
Missy

Old 06-08-2003, 09:50 PM   #14  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Jana,
I just read about your puppy...that is HORRIBLE! I hope that guy get's his due! It's jerks like that that make life miserable. Hope you guys get him good!
Missy
Old 06-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Here's the cliff notes on my problem at home. Dh has told me that he loves me but no longer wants to be married. Says that he doesnt want any responsibilites and such. I have suggest counseling or even a trail sepration and he wont even listen to what i have to say. I on the other hand am committed, I guess that I just have to do as the little poem say if you love something set it free if it comes back to you it was yours to begin with if it doesnt then it never was.
Closed Thread