Old 07-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Weekly Chat--July 11th-July 17th

New pages.....

Vickie, I'm glad you're getting in your pool now. My gf and I went this AM. We're going 3 days this week.

Rhonda, how much longer till you can get back to your usual routine? I'll bet it seems like a long time. I'm starting to feel that way about archery. I haven't been flinging many arrows lately.

I grilled tilapia for lunch today. Yummy!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I was in the pool yesterday too, Sandra, for about 2 hours. It felt nice. We had big storms this morning. I have to go get ready now as Jim has his follow up appointment with the Cardiologist today. Pray for good news.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to have a inspection on my car for the year and than I went to the cemetery. After my main meal I went to Walmart to pick up some bras and I met Alice on the other side of the bra aisle.She was looking for bra also.I helped her find her size as she smaller than me.

Now I'm home with the A/C on.The temps are going into the high 80's with the humidity up there also.Haven't been eating right having too many salty snacks.

Went to see super 8 but 1/4 way though my friend Mary walked out[she thought it was about zombies] and went into another theater to see Horrible Bosses. She wasn't happy with that movie either as every other work was the f word. We met out doors and went to Soprano's Italian restaurant.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages.I think its the heat that effecting all of use I used to exercise fatefully but now I can't seem to take any interest.

VICKIE-That's great you can swim my friend and I just wade in the water. Hope my DD doesn't expect me to swim while we in Maine. I saw the predicted storms on the weather channel.Take care and prayer for your DH.

Have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Vickie, I really hope Jim is getting good, at least not bad, news.

Sandra, I have no idea how long it will take for my knee to heal. But, it could be a few months. It started hurting in late April and I didn't back off enough it seems. I imagine through this month I should be babying it, and I am.

At least I'm learning more about UB work now. Today I did 3 sets of 10 of the overhead press at 50 pounds. That's 1500 pounds up over my head. Then, I did 3 sets of 10 of incline chest press at 55 pounds. That's even more.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I hope Jim gets good news. Let us know what you find out. We stayed in the water 1.5 hours today. I slept about that long this afternoon. Siesta?

Rhonda, don't rush things with your knee. Remember short time pain instead of long time pain.

Maryann, glad you had fun with your gf.

It's almost time for OA. We're going out for dinner afterwards. Sort of "girls' night out." Should be fun.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

morning chicks

sandra what is that thing u grilled for lunch?

Rhonda take it easy with your kneww you dont wanna over do it to soon

Maryann i hope the weather gets better here im sick of the rain and clouds here some days it has been nice but most is rain and clouds

Hope everyone else is ok xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #7  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all. If I haven't lost weight this week, I shall want to know why. Yesrerday we washed all the paintwork down in the small bedroom which, being an old Victorian house isn't that small. This morning I was up early and have just finished painting the 'bit' between the back door and the kitchen. It's not very big abd all doors and windows.

I with you on the weather Em... if its not raining its blowing a gale and doesn't it get hot and muggy.

Rhonda, you take care now. Maryann and I know all about painful knees!

I envy you with your pools. We haven't got one, just a little paddling pool for teeny tots
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HHH again,so I'm just going to go out to the supermarket to get some fruit than I ran out of last night. Than out again at 4PM for my appointment with the doctor. Looks like I will have a the A/C's on all day long.

SANDRA-Thanks,They are a great bunch that I found.They all have different interests and when I'm with them in a group or one on one they are wonderful fascinating people.

EMS-We're praying for rain the grass & the flowered bushes along with the garden veggies are so parched. Suppose to get thunder storms thought the day,but they come in as fast as they go out. Need a steady rain for one day to bring the grass from its brown to green color again.

JOJO-I don't have a pool,and i don't miss it. I used to like paddling in the ocean at one time but not anymore. Thanks Knee is ok again now it my both hands the fingers are getting to stiff. Going to the doctor this afternoon for a trigger finger that doesn't open by itself.He has an office procedure that will make it work again. Wish me luck.

Have to go have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Jim did pretty good at his appointment. Echo, Carotid, and holter tests all normal. Heart Check America type test showed some plaque. Dr. recommended a stress test now since it's been 4 years since the last. All we have is Dr.'s appointments this week. It's **** to get old but it beats the alternative!

We had humongous storms here yesterday morning. We were ok but 500,000 people lost electricity and it is HOT and MUGGY here right now. I'm always very thankful when our power stays on.

Today are our annual physicals. I'm sure my cholesterol will not be as good since I haven't been exercising. My heel is somewhat better so I need to try to find some low impact heel exercises.

Mary Ann, I don't really swim; just bounce and walk and jump and tread water like Sandra does. It's better than sitting on the couch.

Rhonda, you are a STRONG Chick in many ways!

Gotta run. I'll be back.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Ems, tilapia is a whitefish. I think it originated from Africa but is now popular in restaurants and food markets over here.

JoJo, we have 4 birdbaths out for the little feathered fellas. They use them quite a bit, but their main choice is water on the ground when we're watering. for a good wi this week.

Vickie, in my "other life" I had an inground pool with slide and diving board. I used to practically live in it in the summers--but I would be on a raft with a good book. (Now I would jump around) I do miss havng that pool sometimes and would make better use of it if we had it; however, that's not going to happen. I'll have to keep going to swimfit with my gf to hop around. Glad Jim got good reports. to you both for more good news.

Maryann, we need that good slow steady rain, too.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #11  

Today, tap practice, stained glass work, volunteer work, cooking dinner, now resting! Good day.

I bought Why we get fat and what we can do about it, by Gary Taubes. I'll let you know what he has to say.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #12  

I am making good progress on the house list.
I do as much as I can do all day and then sit down in the evening and make a list of things to do that night.
Working on rotten deck boards, rotten trim, mulch, securing down top stones on stacked stone wall (dog & racoons flip then for lizards) , truck repair, & selling a few tools & things. I am proud that I got out on my deck and pulled up 12 rotten boards with a crowbar.. I was mad about it when I did it but now I am proud.
I have given up on my diet til Son returns to college.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #13  

Morning all:

I see that the news is making a big deal of the prediction that is going to be 102 today in Dallas. Well, folks, it's been that for days. It may not have been the "official" temperature but that's what the thermometers have been reading for quite a while. Misery.

So, the book I'm reading is quite interesting, but in short, he is saying that carbs do not make everyone fat, but, if you are fat, carbs are your problem. I don't doubt that. The book is a very thorough analysis of why most diets fail, how the calories in-calories out is too simplistic, etc. It's Why We Get Fat and What to do About It by Gary Taubes.

Nancy, good work!

Last edited by Tejas; 07-13-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early and off to more appointments and errands.

Goodness gracious all I said above was H E double hockey sticks and the board changed THAT?!!!!!! SORRY if I offended anyone. Sheesh and double harumph.

Light and love to you all. BBL.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #15  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Gosh girls, just listen to what happened to me.

We are putting a light spring green carpet in the small bedroom, white walls and the same green curtains. I saw a beautiful green marble pot with lid in the charity shop for £5. It would look lovely on the table infront of the window, so I bought it. When I got it home at lunch time Mark took the lid off and his colour drained. There were some poor soul's ashes in there. I took it back, but no one in the shop knows who brought it in. I got my money back and high tailed it home for a swift very strong coffee.

What's wrong with HE double hockey sticks Vickie... touchy folk out there aint there?
Have a good one everyone. Oh I almost forgot. Maryann I had a trigger finger, back in the days when it was corrected by surgery in the hospital. Just by chance an osteopath I was seeing for my back, released the trapped nerve I didn't know was trapped and the finger came back to normal within a few days.

Last edited by jojo23; 07-13-2011 at 09:59 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote