General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/275/130

Height: 5"5'

Default Favorite meals?

Needing some healthy meal ideas! Whats your favorite things to cook and how many calories ect?! Thanks ladies you are awesome!!!
cosmokindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I hate cooking! It's just me and the daughter so my favorite meal is salad with grilled chicken and watermelon on the side or chicken and rice. I could eat either or all week especially the watermelon...could eat that by itself!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Grilled or baked chicken/ brown rice and broccoli or green beans sprinkled with powdered garlic and a little sea salt and pepper. I also love anything spicy, and lately have been putting hot banana peppers and pepperocini (I probably spelled that wrong) on everything.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/187/139

Height: 5ft 9

chicken sausage, cut into slices, with pasta, is great. Very easy.
Just cook it in a skillet, very little olive oil(I use a mister). toss it with the pasta and sauce of your choice.

I really like quinoa pasta. I'm not gluten sensitive, but I like the texture of the pasta made from quinoa quite a bit.
Yesterday, I made the chicken sausage with a whole wheat rigatoni, tri-colour grilled peppers, and grilled onions.
Quick, easy, and very good.

Calories depend on what you use for pasta and sauce, but the chicken sausage is rarely more than 120 cals per (large) link. You're cutting it up, so a lot of the time, you won't even have a full link in your serving.
RawrDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

I've personally been cooking quite a bit more this round, and I'm loving it! Last night I made ground turkey tacos (ground turkey sauteed with some zucchinni, some corn tortillas I baked to make crispy, and a nice cold cabbage slaw on top- about 600 cals)
I am also a huge fan of making fritattas (baked egg dish) to use up leftovers and if I won't have much time to cook in the coming days.
Also love couscous because it's quick-cook and I can spice it up however I want, throw some leftover chicken breast in there, and some cut-up veggies.
Lately I have been LOVING this dish: chicken breast cut into strips, spiced and cooked, and sliced english cucumber, all dipped into a cup of greek yogurt that I've added tons of yummy spices to (garlic, salt, some dill). Kind of like nachos but soooo much better!!
And of course, salad is a great standby! It's so free-form, I just make it up on the spot.
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote