Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Default July Feathers Chat

Looks like we need a new chat!
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

claire: glad the healing is going well. Hope your dinner was great. Oh, and I think at least in the U.S., the word we use is "vintner" although winemaker works too, but doesn't sound as wonderfully pretentious.

aimeebell: oh my gosh, that's mean what your sister said! You'll just have to prove her wrong I guess.

sumire: sounds like you're doing really well.

mortonpixie: I may need to just avoid Mexian restaurants, I am such a sucker for the chips. There are a few stores around here that sell chips in the bulk bins, which is great because I can buy a few without eating a 12 ounce bag in two days.

kat: nice job on getting back to 115!

As for me, still in a sugar phase, but I think some of my cravings have been related to it being that time of the month. I realized that a few days ago when everything was making me teary-eyed for no good reason. So hopefully it will pass soon. Of course then I'll have a 4th of July BBQ.

Next week I'm painting the outside of my house. That should provide some nice exercise. Of course, I'll be home all week, too, so hopefully being on a ladder (and coated with a fine dusting of old lead paint) will keep me from the fridge.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I just had to share a picture of my new ride. Everything fell into place and the sales-guy was a person from our church. He gave me a heck of a price because the bike was a 2010 model.

What should I name her??

Moreover, will I ever run or swim again with THIS to ride!?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm pleased to report that my weekend was a success, now 2 weeks binge free and only up 1 kilogram after 3 days of drinking and eating what seems like a whole lot. I'm so tired today so I'll have to be careful. I miss exercise though, I have that god-awful "flabby leg" sensation. YUCK!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8

hi!

Mortonpixie Cool bike! I am gonna buy a new one when I get back to England, can't wait!

My weekend was great! I watched my bf's decathlon all weekend in the freeeezing cold and rain, but he got a personal best and came 3rd, which was great! I controlled my eating on Saturday but on Sunday we got breakfast at the hotel, and I got fed white bread rolls and jam. There was nothing else to eat (no shops open on Sunday) so I ate it, but I was starving all day and had the munchies constantly! All the athletes were eating so I did too, trouble is I wasn't running 1,500m or doing pole vault I ate loads of nuts, sausage and another white roll for dinner and 1/2 bottle of wine when we got back. Hmm. Never mind, taken my measurements this morning so I'm back on track. My foot is feeling semi OK so I'm gonna do pilates today I think to try and get myself into bikini shape

HAve a nice Monday!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Height: 5'2"

Nice bike, Mortonpixie! Lucky you

Congrats on the 2 weeks, Krampus!

Looking good ladies!
skinny fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I was 125.0lbs on Saturday morning! WOOHOO!

Slid my ticker down and added a bat to my signature, which is great. I had been trying for 125lbs by the Harry Potter premiere on July 15th. I'll strive for 124lbs instead and buy myself something cute to wear for the boyfriend and I's date to go see it.

The scale is up today a few pounds after drinking heavily last night and eating sodium-laden food. BUT I managed to keep it to about maintenance calories and did run yesterday, so hopefully it will drop back down after healthy eating today. I did have a dark moment last night when I was craving sugar and squeezing caramel sauce into my mouth out of the fridge (drunk)... but it wasn't too much and I caught myself.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Mortonpixie, that bike is awesome! DH and I have been wanting to get bikes forever and keep putting it off, so I'm super jealous!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #9  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Circumstances conspired and I missed my workouts for the last few days, but I'm back on it this afternoon. Doing a workout of all pushups & pullups, with different variations. Last week I managed 215 pushups & 80 (assisted--at the end, very assisted ) pullups--going to try to beat that today. I'll be sore tomorrow!

ann71: Hope those sugar cravings have passed! The house painting will definitely help. I've begun to theorize that the reason for my weight loss slowdown/stop must be that I've been getting less incidental movement in my day since the beginning of May. Going to try to fix that soon.

mortonpixie: NICE! If it was me, I'd make it a boy and name it Mike or Ike or something, but I just like to rhyme. Have fun riding!

krampus: Way to go!

claire0412: ARGH refined carbs! So good but so bad!

Dorian5: Woohoo! Congrats on the new low. We must see pics of the new outfit when you get it.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8

ann Ah cool thanks, I never know what wine related words are in English because wine culture (making of, not drinking of) doesn't exist in England really. I only got into it here. Good luck house painting

Krampus well done for 2 clean weeks

Dorian Yay new low, great!

sumire Impressive!!

I'm still trucking! I've decided to stop counting calories, because I feel like I'm becoming a dieting bore. My bf and friends are sick of hearing about it, I'm sure, and I'm sick of typing food into my phone the minute I eat it to keep my fitness pal up to date. I'm just going to do the 90/10 rule and eat clean, healthy, low carb and low sugar food when I'm hungry. I'm not sure if I'm done cc for good or if I just need a break. I'm starting a weights routine though and I sweat every time I ave to walk around on crutches anyway, so that's OK on the exercise front!!

Have a good day
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Claire0412 - I'm glad to hear you are taking a break from calorie counting. I do the same thing from time to time. You get so where you KNOW the counts of everything and what to stay away from. Honestly, I'm only counting right now because some friends of ours started on MyFitnessPal and need the encouragement.

Kat999 - I was going to wait until spring for the bike, but a friend of ours works at the shop and made us a VERY good deal, I doubt that he earned much commission on it. Also, I sold my old bike and our Galaxy Tab... Gotta have priorities!!

Sumire - is your push/pull workout from the P90X series? Sounds like Shoulders & Back to me! Way to go, Toughie!! Keep it up!

Krampus - keep up the great work

Dorian5 - ahh...the old "caramel sauce in the mouth while drunk" trick... Usually, I stand there and eat cheese!

Ann71 - good luck with the painting...sounds like hard work!

---------------------------------------------------------

We had a great Independence Day weekend, here. Yesterday I went for a 3 mile run - my hamstring was okay, but I did come home and ice it. I'm going to reduce my mileage and try to get back to it slowly. My husband and I biked out to my brothers house for the celebration. It was 6.5 miles, and we biked back under the stars and the fireworks. It was SO nice - and I really appreciated my brothers helping out with driving our kids home so we could bike.

MyFitnessPal said I burned 700cal on the run and 700cal for the 13mi on the bike! I ate responsibly at the party (plenty of cut fruit, meat, and fresh veg) but I did have a brownie at the end. When we got home, I was SO HUNGRY that I had a small bowl of cereal and 2 beers with a little cheese!! I guess all that fruit/veg didn't stick with me.

I'm treating today as a New Year's of sorts. We are now half way through 2011, and we all had parties last night - so why not? I made some resolutions at the beginning of the year and need to get more dedicated with them. I need to work on my posture, and I need to take some swim lessons to work on my stroke. I've done well on some things, but need to be more intentional with others.

Hope you all have a GREAT 2nd half of 2011.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Krampus Great job! Im proud of you! How did it go with the sailors, lol?

Dorian5 Congrats on the low weight! I had a similar incident this weekend with ice cream one night and pop corn on the other ( under the influence, lol).

Sumire Thats an insane amount of pushups I can do about 20 broken up into groups of 5.... I thought I was doing well! thats some serious upper body strength! I need to get on your level :0)

Claire0412 Totally understand you on needing a break from calorie counting. I usually dont let people know Im doing it except my mom since she always sees me on my phone directly after I eat a meal with her. Someday I unintentionally just dont record the calories. After a while you kind of just know and thats how I take a break.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Good Morning feathers!

It's so nice to come back to work on a Tuesday. Only a 4 day week. So I am proud that I didn't go too crazy this weekend. I was very worried with the 3 day weekend and the Holiday, that I would drink way too much and binge eat way too much. I didn't drink much, only had one bad thing to eat (small cheeseburger) and everything else I ate over the weekend was healthy. Problem is, I ate a lot of food and had zero exercise. Laid around most of the weekend. I am hoping I maintained and didn't gain. I think my calories were around 2000 on all weekend starting Friday through yesterday. I am not weighing in till next Monday because I am due to get my period this week and don't want to freak if there is a water gain!

Petty story alert: But hopefully some can relate. It's small but sometimes they hit the hardest..

I am feeling very down latley about this. I am still just so upset with myself to have gained back a solid 7 or so pound of fat. And it is noticeable. I am sick of being called a "thick" girl. I wanted to cry yesterday. I was over at a friends house and this girl who is very small and I were talking with other friends (3 other guys) about our height. I said I was about 5'5-5'6. That I didn't really know. Of course she was drunk and got mouthy and said No way! I am 5'4.75, theres no way you're taller. So she asked me stand up and see. I refused because I know how these guys are. I KNEW if I did, SOMEONE would comment on the size difference. NO not height difference, weight difference. And low and behold they did. We stood side by side and they said she looked taller. And then someone goes, yea she looks taller than her. And another guy goes yea because shes (me) a lot wider. And everyone started laughing. This hurt for multiple reasons. One, that is EXACTLY why I didnt want to do it but she was SO persistent, two, I obviously feel very down and self concious right now ever since the weight gain, and lastly I hate it because just a few months ago I was smaller and looking good and I missed that. After the comment was made my boyfriend said in front of everyone "its ok babe, I like the way you are. I like your shape". I know he was being sweet but it made me feel like I have some disease. Like, its ok I accept your big body. I dont know. I know I am being oversly sensitive but it was just the icing on the cake. I am just sad that no matter what I will always be seen as a "thick" girl. I can't stand that. Im sorry. Petty story/vent over.

I realize my goal of 125.8 by August 10th is not going to happen. So I have decided to settle for 128 by then by eating 1300 calories 6 days out of the week (maintenance at the 7th) and exercising at least 5 days a week. I hope that brings me to goal.

Ann I go through sugar phases too where I just can't seem to get enough. I've noticed it around my period as well. Also, when I drink or eat something bad I tend to crave more and more. A downward spiral. Staying on track really is important for sugar cravings.

Mortonpixie I am SO jealous of that bike. I love biking. I wish I had more drive and energy to do activities throughout the week that burned more calories. Oh man, if I could burn 700 calories a day in exercise. That would be amazing. I am excited for you!

Krampus I feel ya on the lack of exercise. But CONGRATS on the two week binge-free !! I know you were having troubel with that for awhile. And you are at 130? That's awesome. Ounces away from the 120's!

Dorian 125?! Omg that is amazing girl!! OH, that was my goal originally for August 10th. Wish it was still possible

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
I did have a dark moment last night when I was craving sugar and squeezing caramel sauce into my mouth out of the fridge (drunk)... but it wasn't too much and I caught myself.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
I had to laugh at visual of that one LOL Drinking totally lowers my food inhibitions, which lead me to eat a piece of fried chicken and a sour cream donut right before bed last night. Totally unnecessary.

Congrats on 125!
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Dianne You have some mean friends. I believe you have mentioned some snide comments before. I have seen pics and you are in no way, shape, or form "thick." I am sure your boyfriend meant well and it came out all wrong, but I would have been stung by that comment too.

Good job keeping the eating in check over the holiday weekend.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote