Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's

Okay, here's our combined thread for the 290s and 280s. Congrats to everyone who has muscled down and out of the 300s. And congrats to everyone who has decided to put the breaks on their upward weight trend and are turning it around now.

We're all here to help each other along. Feel free to talk about successes, what works for you, and to share what you're struggling with. Hugs are free!

Last edited by geoblewis; 07-02-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

I was doing my laundry today. First time washing some of my size 24 pants. I took clothes out of the dryer, then brought them to my room to hang in the closet. When I held up the pants by the waist to fold them and put them on the hangars, I had to check them to make sure they weren't my sons' pants. It's funny because when I look in the mirror, I don't really see a big difference in my shape. Maybe a little. Maybe it's more about redefining myself in the smaller size. I don't know. I just can't believe my backside is that much smaller.

I measured my hips just now. 56". At 353 lbs, my hips measured 64". I had to buy a quilter's tape measure to measure myself back then. And now I've got 4" to spare on my old tape measure.

Hello, my name is Georgia, and I finally don't weigh over 300 lbs!!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #3  

Georgia - very cool! I too am in my size 24s jeans ,and ditto the measurements on the tape!!!
I can see a difference in me, but as yet, no one else can. I'm hoping by the time we need to migrate again to the 270 thread people might be noticing...
Old 07-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys. Poking my head in again, stalking you all. Stalk stalk stalk.

Keep at it! I'm so excited to join you guys in the next week or two ^^
Old 07-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #5  

Keep it going Lovely - we need members in our new thread!
So, we've around 20lbs to knock off in this thread - happy to work through that with you gals!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Good morning everyone

Geoblewis- I also noticed that my 24's appear to be so much smaller. The first time I held them up I was sure that my butt was never going to get in them but low and behold they did. What an awesome NSV. Didn't want to post in here till I was done with my So now I am back! Funny thing about smaller pants, they take up less room in over night bags.... I packed a bag for changing into after the 4th of July day on the boat and actually had extra room for the first time in a while.....

MrsTee- I have noticed that people tend to not tell me when I first start losing weight because they are afraid of insulting you. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight 65lbs. Only one person who wasn't family said anything directly to me. They mostly hinted at it but would never come out and say " you look great"

Lovely- you are so close.....keep up the good work and we will see u here sooooo very soon.

Well ladies I went to dinner last night and even though I didn't choose OP items I still managed to eat small portions. I also thank goodness avoided all items at the movies and passed up on the midnight snacks that we used to indulge in when up soooo very late. It's the dawn of a new day and I am ready fir this one.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #7  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I'm stalking you too! I've only got 4 more lbs to go, don't go disappearing on me!

Last edited by lostbutstilltrying; 07-03-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #8  
Renaissance Woman

Oh dear, it's my turn for a !

My youngest just got home today after spending three weeks with his father. He's taller, but he let me know just now that he's gained 20 lbs! We worked together for weeks and weeks to help him lose that weight. Rhyan went to Pilates three times a week and taekwondo six times a week. We cut out all fast food and junk food, sodas, cookies, etc. It was his choice to do this and I supported him. We talked about how he was going to be choosing food when he was with his dad. But they went out or had processed food for practically every meal. And there was little or no exercise during that time. How is a 13-year-old boy supposed to make healthy choices under those conditions!!!???

My son is starting public school in about a month. I told him we'd get right back on it and I'd help him shed the extra weight before school starts. I struggled with my reaction to the situation. I want to scream at his father! And I want to swear! Good lord! What an idiot!!!! This is the man who dumped me because I was fat. The same man who has gained 50 lbs since we got divorced.

I need to go scream into my pillow...thanks for indulging me. xxxooo
Old 07-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #9  

What a shame about your son. And of course he is not going to say no dad no McDonalds, think I'll have a salad....Your Ex sounds like a bit of a twit. Oh well, back to the drawing board with your boy...at least he's haqd some sucess before?
My youngest carried a lot of weight around that age, got called fat boy at school, etc ,etc but also a big build of a lad, loves food and really resisted "diet" thoughts.
At 15 and a half he is still a solid figure of a man/boy but not fat, just a large framed man. Shoulders and chest thaat go on and on...
He'll never be small, but he is not fat in the least. Just grew into his weight - didn't diet or resrict his eating. So I'd imagine your boy wil grow into his weight as puberty strikes too?
Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #10  

Oh and about me- having a good run of POP days, am clearing out a few daggy baggy clothes and binning them, and unearthing some size 20s from about 8 years ago to inspire me - the last time I lost weight, I got down to around 240 then, so that is my first mini goal.
I have some nice clothes waiting for me!!!!

Happy 4th July American gals!!!! Here - not so exciting, 4th July much like the 5th, 6th, 7th...
Old 07-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys I had to stop in here and share a laugh: I stepped on the scale this morning... I weigh EXACTLY 300.0 lbs! Hah!

Over the next week I'll keep an eye on fluctuations, but I might end up joining you sooner rather than later.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #12  

Geoblewis- So sorry to hear about you son. I imagine though that if you are trying to help him get down a few lbs before school that it will really motivate you to be completely OP plan as well. I also agree that your ex dos sound like somewhat of a twit.

MrsTee- Congratulations on putting away the larger sizes and digging out the smaller ones. I am still teetering back and forth but I will get there. It's always nice to fit into old clothes again.

Lostbutstilltrying- Can't wait to have you...

Lovely- CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SCALE BEING NICE TO YOU THIS MORNING!

Well I am at work for a couple of hours before we jump on the boat and head out to the sandbar.... Feeling so much more rested and on top of things after a stress free day... I even found the courage to ignore the scaly monster this morning. Guess I just decided that it is gonna say what it says tomorrow morning and paying attention to it this morning won't change anything but my mood. Plan to make fairly good decisions today and deal with the consequences tomorrow. Already made OP lunch for tomorrow and am ready to start back on my journey. Guess I was just overwhelmed a bit. Anyways everyone have a great day and this time next week I expect us all to be working our way out of this thread!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 301.4/294.8/139

Height: 5ft 8

Hey guys!

Hope it's ok to join you! I was 301 pounds 3 weeks ago, managed to lose 11 pounds the first week, then got "demotivated". Weighed in today at 294.8 and I'm ready to start again!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #14  

SkinnyKittyCat-
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #15  
Renaissance Woman

When it comes to the X, "twit" is the kindest word!

I am so happy to have both my boys with me again! Before we all left for our respective holidays, I was very much looking forward to having a break from them. I guess the holidays were long enough for me to miss them both. And that's good.

Rhyan just left to have a final meal with his dad, breakfast at IHOP. I didn't lecture or coach about what he should eat. But tomorrow, we start back on the path of healthy eating. And you're right, OMWD, it will be good for me as well to have my little partner in staying OP. I also gave up on that scaly monster for the weekend. We'll be back on track soon enough, just like all the thin people on the planet. They party, then get right back into their regular food patterns. It all works out, even for us!

You know, when a thin person hears that I've lost over 50lbs, they are completely impressed with me. They can't even begin to comprehend that concept. And me, I don't think that much of myself for having done it. I'm thinking about the next 50, and then the 50 after that! Maybe then I'll be impressed with my efforts.

Maybe we should be impressed with our efforts up to now. What do you all think about that?

@skinnykittycat, welcome to our motivated little enclave! We're all pretty fresh from the 300s (I only officially arrived in the group a few days ago) and I'm inspired by all the success here!

Oh Lovely! I was on that cusp for days! I hope you fall on 200s side of the scale quickly!

@Mrs.Tee, I filled the back of my car with several bags of clothes yesterday, all ready to be donated first thing in the morning. I let go of some shoes as well, and one pair of boots that I had purchased. I bought them because they have an extra-wide shaft and now they're too big! I never really loved them, but they were the only boots I could find that fit me at the time. I only wore them once. I hope they find a good home.

Have a great OP day, everyone!
Closed Thread