Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #1  

Default Back and Don't Know What To Do :(

Hi all,

I joined this site last year and was on top of my weight loss game. I had lost 18 lbs and was feeling confident in myself as that was the first time I had stuck to exercising and eating right and saw results. I felt invincible...then I slipped and slid all the way back to square one

I am slightly disgusted with myself but at the same time not enough to be motivated again. I just saw my body and wanted to break down crying. I just want back that drive and I keep kicking myself, wishing I had never slipped, as I would have been at my goal by now.

I know though that what's done is done and I only have today and everyday I decide that if I don't nip it in the bud today then it's going to get worst...but somehow I just continue eating and not exercising.

I don't want to go on and on on a depressing rant. I hope that participating in the forums again, reading everyone's stories, tips and goals will help me to become motivated and to get back on target and keep up
EmpressB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Get Up, Brush yourself off and get back on the ride. Enjoy the journey!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Get Up, Brush yourself off and get back on the ride. Enjoy the journey!
Thanks...I've mentally done it but thinking it just has not translated into actual actions, so I am trying to get from that point of being mentally gung ho to it becoming actual actions.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Empress,

I think most of us here on 3FC will never be one of those people who can eat without worrying about portions/nutrition/calories in some sense. It's an unfortunate fact of life in maintenance.

Now you know. I too learned it the hard way. Good luck! Perhaps maintenance will be easier for you next time because you'll know how important staying on track really is.

It's too easy for us to bury our heads in the sand.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Yeah, I imagine I have about 5 or 6 user ID's out there on various weight loss message boards that are now resting in peace. But the important thing is that you came back in the hopes of re-inspiring yourself and that is the first step to doing and getting what you want! Do you know why you stopped your journey after loosing that weight? Was it your weight loss plan that burned you out or perhaps more mental like being afraid of how losing weight will impact you? I know there is no easy answer but perhaps the more you read here the more insight you'll get.

Just keep holding onto that feeling you had when you lost those 18 pounds before. And think about where you want to be a year from now.

Good luck hun!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #6  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressB View Post
Hi all,

I joined this site last year and was on top of my weight loss game. I had lost 18 lbs and was feeling confident in myself as that was the first time I had stuck to exercising and eating right and saw results. I felt invincible...then I slipped and slid all the way back to square one

I am slightly disgusted with myself but at the same time not enough to be motivated again. I just saw my body and wanted to break down crying. I just want back that drive and I keep kicking myself, wishing I had never slipped, as I would have been at my goal by now.

I know though that what's done is done and I only have today and everyday I decide that if I don't nip it in the bud today then it's going to get worst...but somehow I just continue eating and not exercising.

I don't want to go on and on on a depressing rant. I hope that participating in the forums again, reading everyone's stories, tips and goals will help me to become motivated and to get back on target and keep up
I have been there, had gotten to the point that my parents were calling me Skinny Minny. Then...I gained alot of it back. I too, kick myself for it. And I also saw what I had done but couldn't quite get motivated. Then one day, I don't know what triggered it, but I decided enough was enough.

You can do it. It is hard, but you can do it. Learn from what happend, and become stronger from it. I'm rooting for ya!
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Yeah, I imagine I have about 5 or 6 user ID's out there on various weight loss message boards that are now resting in peace. But the important thing is that you came back in the hopes of re-inspiring yourself and that is the first step to doing and getting what you want! Do you know why you stopped your journey after loosing that weight? Was it your weight loss plan that burned you out or perhaps more mental like being afraid of how losing weight will impact you? I know there is no easy answer but perhaps the more you read here the more insight you'll get.

Just keep holding onto that feeling you had when you lost those 18 pounds before. And think about where you want to be a year from now.

Good luck hun!
Hi Shan,

I think it was just complacency. I started giving myself more free passes and probably got caught up in the fact that I was doing so well, and slowly got more lax over time until I completely fell off the wagon. I lost my discipline. I gained the discipline almost spontaneously too, which was the odd thing. I am determined to get it back though and I do think I need to explore my reasons for overeating and deal with those so that I can be a more conscious eater and can manage a healthy lifestyle better.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgibson View Post
I have been there, had gotten to the point that my parents were calling me Skinny Minny. Then...I gained alot of it back. I too, kick myself for it. And I also saw what I had done but couldn't quite get motivated. Then one day, I don't know what triggered it, but I decided enough was enough.

You can do it. It is hard, but you can do it. Learn from what happend, and become stronger from it. I'm rooting for ya!
Thanks so much! That is exactly how I feel! I have mentaly made the decision but am hoping that that switch flips and I get back into the mode I used to be in before.

You guys are awesome though and your encouragement is helping already
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Empress,

I think most of us here on 3FC will never be one of those people who can eat without worrying about portions/nutrition/calories in some sense. It's an unfortunate fact of life in maintenance.

Now you know. I too learned it the hard way. Good luck! Perhaps maintenance will be easier for you next time because you'll know how important staying on track really is.

It's too easy for us to bury our heads in the sand.

Thanks sacha! So true. I now know that I cannot be lax because it can quickly get out of control.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

You are in like company here. I lost 34 pounds last year and gained it ALL back plus some. I woke up every day and hated every cell of my body because of what I had done to myself. It took me a while to forgive myself of what I had done and it probably wasn't until about week 6 that I actually felt peace over it. When something like this happens you are not going to wake up and feel great one day, you have to slowly incorporate healthy habits and prove to yourself that you can do it again.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote