General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Getting into my husband's pants!

Get your mind out of the gutter!

Today I was getting ready for the gym and I realized everything I usually wear to the gym was dirty. My husband had just bought some new gym shorts for himself. Out of desperation, I grabbed them and oh my goodness they fit! I'm sure my jaw hit the floor. These were a mens size Medium.

In the end I remembered I had my swim cover up skort which is actually a workout skort, so I wore that, but it got me to thinking. "Am I really almost small enough to get into my husband's pants?"

Just now before heading to the shower after working out, I decided to try a few things of his. I grabbed his swim trunks that are a size Large and too big for him. They fit me perfectly - not tight at all. Then I tried on his old jeans that are 34x34 and while I have major muffin top, I can button and zip them and not feel like I'm going to die. Wow! I was SOOOOOO much bigger, so to be able to fit into something he was wearing just a month ago is huge!

Of course, now he's been dropping a few vanity pounds with getting more fit and now wears a 32x34, so I won't even try those jeans and I am still much bigger than he is, but that my butt can fit into the same pants/shorts that he fits into is a a HUGE non-scale victory. Like HUGE.

I was in a funk the last couple days. That total took me out of my funk. While the scale has slowed down, I am still working on getting smaller. Soon enough, those pants will be loose and I might actually be able to wear his 32s (too long of course as he's 6'1" and I'm not!)

Here I am... not very flattering as it's after gym look and I have a major muffin top, but so what! I'm proud!

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

WOOT WOOT!! Good on ya and keep it up!!!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

You look fabulous!

I remember the day I got into my husband's pants a couple of months ago. I was so proud!
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

That's... AWESOME! Keep it up!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!

My husband randomly took his measurements in front of me yesterday. My chest is the same size as his. My waist is smaller. Chance of me fitting in his pants? Zero. He didn't take his hip or thigh measurements. Those I'd rather not compare.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #6  
Melissa

My husband is tall and thin. He's 6'1" and weighs 171. (He's trying to get to 170 - where he feels the best). He now wears a 32x34, but weighed about 175-190 in the 34x34 pants and was at the size for years and years.

He has a tiny chest - mine is way bigger, has a small waist - mine is bigger and he has small hips, I do not. He basically has the inverted triangle (as he does have wide shoulders, just a narrow rib cage). I have an hour glass shape (or as I jokingly say - a 2 hour glass shape as I'm built big and I'm heavy).

If we were BOTH at our goal weights or ideal weights, we would probably weigh within 5 pounds of each other. I am built so much bigger than he is - I have bigger wrists than he has - everything but my shoe size is bigger than him and ALWAYS has been that way.

So, I will never be small, but fitting into his "now too big" jeans was a victory as that's only happened once before 13 years ago when I got down to 185. I didn't realize I was down to that point yet (but he was wearing a 32x34 way back then -so it makes sense).
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #7  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Congrats, berry! Actually, once I get this baby to sleep I might go and check out my DF's jeans and see if they fit. I tried them three months ago when my clothes were in the wash and I was ashamed to find out that they were too small (and my DF is a big guy). I've lost almost 25 lbs since then and 4 inches in both my waist and hips. It would be great if I could button them now.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #8  

You've totally got me wanting to try on my husbands pants.

I've got a tall and skinny hubby too, 6' (used to be 6'1" he claims) and is about 160. Incredibly, he has a tiny bit of a belly at that weight, and is broad across his shoulders and back. He makes up for it by having absolute toothpicks for legs.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Awesome!!! I remember when I finally fit into hubbie's clothes, I was so happy! Now I'm swimming in them! You will be too, soon, I bet!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #10  

I caved. Why did I do it?

I tried on my husbands pants and sure enough, they're nothing like fitting me. I could pull them up my thighs, which was a bit of a surprise, but once they got to my hips and butt, it was like I was trying to wear doll clothes or something. Those pants and my butt exist in different spheres of the universe, and never the twain shall meet. (My current butt anyway. Fingers crossed for my future butt.)
Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #11  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
I caved. Why did I do it?

I tried on my husbands pants and sure enough, they're nothing like fitting me. I could pull them up my thighs, which was a bit of a surprise, but once they got to my hips and butt, it was like I was trying to wear doll clothes or something. Those pants and my butt exist in different spheres of the universe, and never the twain shall meet. (My current butt anyway. Fingers crossed for my future butt.)
Ok, we are roughly the same weight and your husband is ten pounds lighter than my husband and I didn't try on my husband's "currently" wearable pants, but his too big pants. So, really, that would be like me trying on a pair of size 31 pants or something like that - NO WAY. Notice I didn't even TRY the 32s!

Plus we are all built differently. I'm very much hour glass, but carry my weight everywhere - arms, legs, gut, everywhere pretty proportionally. You've mentioned you carry more in your gut and butt. So don't fret! I bet you three months ago you wouldn't have been able to pull those pants up over your thighs? right?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #12  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Zoodoo, ha I did it too with the same results.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote