Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Angry blew it....lost my edge, ugh!

So now for some reason I have been doing so well, and cravings overcame my will and after talking myself in and out of cheating, I gave in. No excuses, it was weak.
I think the good news is that I didn't binge, but kind of found I got my fill rather quickly and the old thought of "I might as well keep it going for the rest of the night now I did myself in" isn't there. It is more a heavy and thickkkkkkk feeling in my stomach, and trying to justify the failure, and not beating myself up (too much).

I realize that this sets me back probably a whole week. I plan to go extra lightly tomorrow, not sure that makes any difference in the long run.

Sometimes on IP I just feel deprived, hungry when not hungry but not going through anything to suggest emotional eating is at play. Just wanting to eat the forbiddens.

Maybe it has something to do with the first day of my period? I suppose I can blame that but it isn't fair to do so.

I will re-commit now, not tomorrow, and know that even with setbacks here and there (this is my second slip up) I am on my way to a goal I deserve and want.

Thanks for anyone who reads this and understands, or has been there, or is struggling right now.

Maybe...it's shame? guilt...living in this place of abundance when so many live on scraps in this world.

Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #2  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
So now for some reason I have been doing so well, and cravings overcame my will and after talking myself in and out of cheating, I gave in. No excuses, it was weak.
I think the good news is that I didn't binge, but kind of found I got my fill rather quickly and the old thought of "I might as well keep it going for the rest of the night now I did myself in" isn't there. It is more a heavy and thickkkkkkk feeling in my stomach, and trying to justify the failure, and not beating myself up (too much).

I realize that this sets me back probably a whole week. I plan to go extra lightly tomorrow, not sure that makes any difference in the long run.

Sometimes on IP I just feel deprived, hungry when not hungry but not going through anything to suggest emotional eating is at play. Just wanting to eat the forbiddens.

Maybe it has something to do with the first day of my period? I suppose I can blame that but it isn't fair to do so.

I will re-commit now, not tomorrow, and know that even with setbacks here and there (this is my second slip up) I am on my way to a goal I deserve and want.

Thanks for anyone who reads this and understands, or has been there, or is struggling right now.

Maybe...it's shame? guilt...living in this place of abundance when so many live on scraps in this world.

Awww..don't be so hard on yourself! You need a hug! Just start over. It will be okay. I am sure TOM is a factor. I always crave salt and sweet when I had a TOM. So glad it's over!
Have you tried jennydoodles pudding cakes? Something sweet and then add some WF caramel and WF chocolate syrup!! YUMMY! Go thru the Sticky titled IP recipes #2. Lots of great ideas!!! even for drinks that are non-alcoholic but taste like they are!!
I think you have beaten yourself up enough! Start from NOW and don't look back. You CAN do this and you WILL do this!!
Keep your chin up!!
We are always here for you...

Last edited by Watkat; 07-06-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #3  
Freedom from Food

Thanks...i will try that. You helped me to feel better.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I'm with ya... I had a super bad day today - four pieces of bad news in a row since morning!! And since my whole problem is stress-eating, I gave in. For the most part, I didn't do too bad, it wasn't like a had three value meals or anything... but I still ate those items which are NOT on the IP list. Sad. I have been SO GREAT this whole time! I have not given in, I have been on plan as much as humanly possible, but I guess after being on this now for two months, I caved.

However, tomorrow is a new day. I will eat on plan. I will not give in to temptation. I will keep going and make up for lost time!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, TOO!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #5  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

I know how extremely anxious one can feel sometimes when all you can think of is how delicious those wonderfully fattening foods taste. I caved in myself with one bite yesterday -_-
But whenever I want to cheat, I just remember how much I have wanted this all my life and how much slower cheating can make the process for me. Then I think of the 80+ dollars I'm shelling out for these IP foods and that usually knocks some sense into me ^_^
So do not fret and don't feel too bad. Just pick yourself back up and look forward, and remember how hot you're going to be in that bikini, and how much attention you'll get, but not only that, think of how far you can run!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #6  
Freedom from Food

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post
I'm with ya... I had a super bad day today - four pieces of bad news in a row since morning!! And since my whole problem is stress-eating, I gave in. For the most part, I didn't do too bad, it wasn't like a had three value meals or anything... but I still ate those items which are NOT on the IP list. Sad. I have been SO GREAT this whole time! I have not given in, I have been on plan as much as humanly possible, but I guess after being on this now for two months, I caved.

However, tomorrow is a new day. I will eat on plan. I will not give in to temptation. I will keep going and make up for lost time!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, TOO!
Maybe we can be buddies to help each other, I stress eat too, and it never really helps but it's "there". i appreciated your feedback. You have lost so much, you've really done fantastic.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Oh I am so with you on this one. TOM just arrived two days ago, and last weekend I was just terrible about staying OP.
I had a few things that were completely off protocol, and then an extra packet or two when I was desperate. I felt like beating myself up, too, but I just tried to think of it as a lesson. Eating that stuff didn't make me feel better at all, it actually just made me feel guilty. From now on, hopefully I can remember that it doesn't taste good enough to be worth the guilt. That lesson should be worth the few days it takes to get back on track.
Plus, I know any weight I gained is just very temporary... it takes 3500 extra calories for a pound of fat, and there is NO WAY I had even close to that.

We will be fine!! Don't beat yourself up about it! You are doing great. Just think of how much worse you could have cheated. I know a few months ago, I wouldn't have stopped at nearly as little as I did. Progress is progress, even if it is mental. I think the mental part is more important anyway, since that is what will help us keep it off.
Smile! And get right back on it.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #8  
Freedom from Food

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Oh I am so with you on this one. TOM just arrived two days ago, and last weekend I was just terrible about staying OP.
I had a few things that were completely off protocol, and then an extra packet or two when I was desperate. I felt like beating myself up, too, but I just tried to think of it as a lesson. Eating that stuff didn't make me feel better at all, it actually just made me feel guilty. From now on, hopefully I can remember that it doesn't taste good enough to be worth the guilt. That lesson should be worth the few days it takes to get back on track.
Plus, I know any weight I gained is just very temporary... it takes 3500 extra calories for a pound of fat, and there is NO WAY I had even close to that.

We will be fine!! Don't beat yourself up about it! You are doing great. Just think of how much worse you could have cheated. I know a few months ago, I wouldn't have stopped at nearly as little as I did. Progress is progress, even if it is mental. I think the mental part is more important anyway, since that is what will help us keep it off.
Smile! And get right back on it.
Oh, how true. I think the best part of this is seeing how quickly I could stop, when in the past I'd keep going, and going, and gorge myself. Throw in the towel, and binge all day. Then I'd starve the netx day to make up, and that was not good. Good thoughts regarding calories and fat, too. I understand that there is alot of water retention after storing glycogen again, and that is what shows up the next week.

Have a GREAT day tomorrow!!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Oh, how true. I think the best part of this is seeing how quickly I could stop, when in the past I'd keep going, and going, and gorge myself. Throw in the towel, and binge all day. Then I'd starve the netx day to make up, and that was not good. Good thoughts regarding calories and fat, too. I understand that there is alot of water retention after storing glycogen again, and that is what shows up the next week.

Have a GREAT day tomorrow!!
Thanks
I would do the same thing whenever I was on a diet before. A little cheat would turn into a "well-I-already-ruined-everything", end-of-the-world type binge. And usually the end of the diet as well. That is why IP is so different for me. I know I can jump right back in.
You might wanna drink lots of extra water tomorrow to combat the water retention too. It helps a lot, surprisingly. And don't completely starve yourself tomorrow. Maybe go a little light, but we are already working with so few calories that going too light can have the wrong effect and send our bodies into stubborn starvation mode. I think just follow the protocol especially perfectly and you will be fine. Who knows? A few times I have thought I screwed up royally and I didn't even end up slipping out of ketosis.
Hang in there.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #10  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

I totally hear you on this. I don't know that what I did is totally off plan but I did have an extra packet today...I am supposed to have five on days I decide to have one for dinner (so breakfast, two snacks, lunch, dinner packets) but today I was greedy and had six. My WI is tomorrow and I was showing a six lb deficit on my home scale for my third week and now...well I am afraid.
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #11  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Well I strayed from the beaten path yesterday. I have no idea why I did what I did other than it just felt right at the moment. Bad judgement call on my part, but what really upsets me the most is that I didn't really realize what I had done until after the fact......I have forgiven myself and celebrate the lessons learned daily.

Tomorrow begins my 6th week of IP. I feel great, down 22.5# and am so enjoying the fact that I look pretty darn good in my smaller size jeans and top today. Stay strong all....none of us are perfect and I seriously applaud those who can STAY 100% OP 100% of the time!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #12  

Yesterday was a tough day for me too! Just wanted something to eat. I had my IP bar for a snack early in the afternoon instead of at night and I wanted more! Thankfully I only bought the one or I would have eaten another one. Then for my nighttime snack I boiled a couple of eggs and just ate the whites of the eggs!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Quote:
Maybe we can be buddies to help each other, I stress eat too, and it never really helps but it's "there". i appreciated your feedback. You have lost so much, you've really done fantastic.
Absolutely I'll be your buddy! I haven't seen much of a gain since my slip-up (about .5 lb) but I have seen a pretty big stall, since normally I would have lost a little bit by now. I have a conference most of next week, so I hope it's not hard to stay on track!!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote