Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Default Daily Chat- Tuesday July 5th

Frustrated. I just weighted in and have been so strict and only lost 1 lb and no inches. I have no idea why this is happening and I haven't cheated at all. I'm stuck at 142. The week before was only 2 lbs. Any advice because I'm really upset about it.
laudie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning,

I am new to IP this being only day 5, but I have read so much over the last 3 months that I have decided when I get to the real plateau in this program I will phase off accordingly and just exercise and eat sensible. I can't see spending $80/wk for 1lb losses, that I can do on my own. Just my opinion and plan. You know what you need to know at this point, just phase off, so many have lost in Phase II & III and then maintain for awhile and then "go it on your own". You can do it!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome and good luck, Bellamack! I felt the same way that you do, but I stuck out my plateau and now I am loosing fast again. I am glad I pushed through and didn't give up.

This weekend I was so tempted by two cookouts and 3 days of nothing to do but wish I could eat something. But I made it through and now my Ketostix are showing that I am in ketosis! I am so happy that I held out. Now I am loosing pretty fast!

I hope everyone was as successful as me this weekend!
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hi Bickl,

I am not talking about a brief plateau, it would have to be like 4 weeks. The person that has the stall is at a good weight for her height and that may be why she is having such a time of it. At 5'6" 142 lbs is a good weight, I realize everyone has different bone structure, but I am skinny at that weight and I am an inch shorter. I do have big shoulders and measured out at my doctors at extra large bone structure, she said she has never had and extra large boned woman yet!

I am so glad you are on a roll again, how long was your stall?
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #5  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all,l stayed OP all weekend even though I missed the best smelling fish fry of all!!!!! Went camping and golfing for the whole weekend and couldn't be more proud for not cheating. Official WI on Friday with measurements, hoping everything is going down!!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #6  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Good Morning everyone, it is a beautiful sunny day here and I am at work.... which is okay since can't walk the dogs because of the mosquito issue. So the start to another week of being OP. I love this plan even though sometimes you want things to happen faster then they do... I have to renew my drivers license this month so hope to be at the weight my drivers license says I am... havent been here for years... Have a great day and if you let the plan work it will work for you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudie09 View Post
Frustrated. I just weighted in and have been so strict and only lost 1 lb and no inches. I have no idea why this is happening and I haven't cheated at all. I'm stuck at 142. The week before was only 2 lbs. Any advice because I'm really upset about it.
So a little more information is required. What veggies are you eating? are you getting all your water? have you changed anything? Have you tried going to 4 packets for a week or going to Phase 2 for a week or two... Your body may just need that little bit more of protein to get the jump start again. If you look at my signature I gained +4lbs on my week 19... Your body is going through changes and it is adjusting, you just have to be paitent. My coach said that sometimes if you are stuck at a certain weight for a while it could be because your body remembers being at that weight and doesn't want to go any further... so paitence and following the program does work. Yes $81 for 1lbs of weight loss is a lot, but where would you be without the program? I fight for every pound I lose and yes sometimes I am bummed but I also have to look at it that it is hard for the body to adjust quickly to all the weight loss and sometimes it needs a week or two to catch up. I have also been told that you will have smaller weight losses the less you have to lose so it can be painfully slow. Stick to it and you will soon be seeing more loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,

I am new to IP this being only day 5, but I have read so much over the last 3 months that I have decided when I get to the real plateau in this program I will phase off accordingly and just exercise and eat sensible. I can't see spending $80/wk for 1lb losses, that I can do on my own. Just my opinion and plan. You know what you need to know at this point, just phase off, so many have lost in Phase II & III and then maintain for awhile and then "go it on your own". You can do it!
I disagree with you totally. How do you know that your body just doesn't need a few weeks to adjust. Sure you can go off the program, and yes eventually you will get to your goal weight, but I think if you stay with the program and work through the plateau you will learn more and your body will adjust better and you will lose the weight faster then phasing off. Don't get me wrong, if you are happy at the weight you are plateauing at, then by all means work through the phases but you also have to understand that you will also gain weight when you go off the program as it is your body readjusting to a balanced diet. Of course this is just my opinion... and even though I have been on the program for 5 months I am still learning a lot and sometimes you just have to listen to your body.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Good Morning!
I just did my first week and was down 4lbs! Ive been reading the posts daily and this seems pretty normal so i'm happy. From what I understand, the next few weeks MAY be a bit less...I did not walk/work out AT ALL this past week, but since I'm on vacation (and my energy is up) I am going to make a conscious effort to walk for at least 30min daily and see how that makes me feel. I was also having 3 'light' pkgs each day and am going to drop to the 2 to see if I can keep this loss cranking!

To those that are frustrated today.....just think, SOME people are feeling heavy, lethargic, and hungover after the holiday weekend....WE are not gaining, and our bodies are thanking us!
luvthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all...back to reality for me (work wise). I stayed OP all weekend woot! I have weigh in #8 tonight! I am a SW, so I weigh in daily. I know I am down, we'll see what their scale says.

Just to add my two cents about the stalling and slow weight loss...I totally agree with and sympathize with the frustrations. I thought that I would have lost a lot more by now. I have stayed pretty much OP for the past 8 weeks and so yes, it is annoying to see 1 and 2 lbs loses. BUT, this plan works. I never would have lost 20+ lbs on any other plan. I have PCOS, so any diet is a struggle, nothing really worked except for Ideal Protein. A loss is a loss, no matter how little it is. For me, I need the guidance and discipline that the clinic gives me. Eventually, I am sure I will start to go at my own with alternative, less expensive products, but for me, for now, I have to stick with this plan, it is working and I feel great.

Hope everyone had a terrific day!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Sad today! I am an everyday weigher and this morning I was up 1.2! I was totally op all weekend and had awesome losses the past few days so I thought today would be the same. I passed up angel food cake and DQ ice cream cake and didn't even go through the line at my bbq yesterday because I had no desire to cheat. I ate what I had in my cooler at dinner and when they went in to eat cake I stayed outside and had my bar. That's frustrating! I was hoping to lose more than last week and was right on track to do that.

Still no TOM so I am curious if you would go get a pg test or chalk it up to the diet? I don't want to waste the money if it happens to others but it was due Sat so I'm a little concerned.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning Everyone! I have been "doing my own thing" for a few weeks but and recommiting to the last 3 - 4 pounds by re-starting Phase 1 for a week or 2. I haven't really gained, just been flirting with a pound gain, a pound loss. I think I want to give myself a 2 -3 pound cushion that I float on. Wishing you, and myself, a OP day!
kimvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #11  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

I have been going through the recipe threads and noticed that there is some "cooked onion: in a few recipes..... I was told by my coach that we cannot have cooked onion, only raw? Did anyone's coach tell them this as well?
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Sad today! I am an everyday weigher and this morning I was up 1.2! I was totally op all weekend and had awesome losses the past few days so I thought today would be the same. I passed up angel food cake and DQ ice cream cake and didn't even go through the line at my bbq yesterday because I had no desire to cheat. I ate what I had in my cooler at dinner and when they went in to eat cake I stayed outside and had my bar. That's frustrating! I was hoping to lose more than last week and was right on track to do that.

Still no TOM so I am curious if you would go get a pg test or chalk it up to the diet? I don't want to waste the money if it happens to others but it was due Sat so I'm a little concerned.
Great job on staying OP this weekend!

Just remember that it takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a lb of fat. If you didn't eat an extra 3500 calories, then you can be assured that 1.2 is just some kind of fluctuation, probably in water weight. When you weigh everyday, you have to take those fluctuations (either up or down) with a grain of salt. You can drive yourself crazy over them. As long as you stay OP, the weight will come off!

As far as the TOM, this diet (any diet) does do some crazy things, causing early/late TOM's. But I have heard that it can also interfere with birth control. Just be aware of it. As far as whether or not to do a pg test, that's up to you. If it were me I prob would wait a couple more days. Plus the fact that your weight is up today, may be a sign that it is on its way.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
I have been going through the recipe threads and noticed that there is some "cooked onion: in a few recipes..... I was told by my coach that we cannot have cooked onion, only raw? Did anyone's coach tell them this as well?
Yes, my coach told me the same thing because the onions carmelize when cooked. It's funny how all the coaches have something different to say.
thinkthin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #14  
I know I can

Good morning everyone!
I had a nice peaceful 4th of July weekend. Got some things done around the house and stayed OP.
It's nice to know that every day I am OP is a day closer to my goal weight.
I cannot wait to be at a healthy weight again.
I hope you all have a great day!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Great job on staying OP this weekend!

Just remember that it takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a lb of fat. If you didn't eat an extra 3500 calories, then you can be assured that 1.2 is just some kind of fluctuation, probably in water weight. When you weigh everyday, you have to take those fluctuations (either up or down) with a grain of salt. You can drive yourself crazy over them. As long as you stay OP, the weight will come off!

As far as the TOM, this diet (any diet) does do some crazy things, causing early/late TOM's. But I have heard that it can also interfere with birth control. Just be aware of it. As far as whether or not to do a pg test, that's up to you. If it were me I prob would wait a couple more days. Plus the fact that your weight is up today, may be a sign that it is on its way.
I keep telling myself I didn't even eat 3500 calories over the course of the weekend so there's no reason to worry but it's easier said than done. And yes, I drive myself crazy.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will wait and see what happens tomorrow. I had slow losses and stayed the same a couple days last week so I thought that was just a sign that TOM was going to be on time. When it never showed I had no idea what was going on. I hope I don't gain all week now but I really hope it shows soon so I can stop worrying.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote