Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Positive thread!...what do u actually like about having a little bit extra?

Ok so I see a lot of what do u hate and what hasn't worked. And I know this is a weight loss forum. But just to bring positive energy and focus on what is great about your body no matter what size. I thought we should list something you love about having a little extra.

I have to admit my boobs are much nicer when I'm this weight and my butt. I'm curvy and I do enjoy that. I know I can be curvy when I'm slimmer but it's not the same. My breasts lose fullness and so does my butt.

And my face losses a lot and tends to look gaunt. So a little extra is nice sometimes.

That being said I can't wait to reach my goal for health reasons and I know how much better I feel and it's so much easier on my body for the activities I enjoy.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #2  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Gosh, there's just not much I can think of. Some women carry weight so beautifully and have a lovely hourglass shape. I gain it in a thick band between boobs and waist. This makes my chest far too big (I'm a C/D at my ideal weight as it is) and erases any hint of an hourglass by turning me into a broad-shouldered apple - hot. Not.
I actually really envy women that carry weight in the hips/butt region. And studies show that this is the most desirable body shape from an evolutionary perspective. But no matter how much weight I gain I will never be a truly curvy woman.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Great idea for a thread! I've fallen off the wagon and I like the idea that even though I've 30lbs to lose that I can look in the mirror and find things that I like about myself.

So that being said, I like that my boobs are fuller and don't look like an orange in a sweat sock!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #4  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I miss my boobs They were the first thing to go. I went down from a full DD to a full C currently. Told my fiance' if any more go, he's gonna have to pull me off the ledge. The funny thing was, they used to kind of define a little about me. Now I feel like they are small, and have the orange in the sock thing going on. NOT cute.
I do like my waist though. Got a pretty good hourglass thing going on (thanks Mom for the hips and butt).
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

I like my boobs (however a tad smaller would be fine too) I also like curves and softness so my goal is to be healthy and still curvy. I have never been at my goal weight as an adult so I may miss more then I know when I get there (or not

I do have to say that children love my soft fullness and love to climb all over me and snuggle me. Whenever I have worked in childcare I tend to be the fav teacher for snuggling with and falling asleep on
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #6  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
So that being said, I like that my boobs are fuller and don't look like an orange in a sweat sock!
Haha, gosh so true.

I like that I can handle the cold, losing weight I notice the cold sooo much more! And as I'm in Southern Hemisphere we are just in winter now argh. And cushion on the butt, sitting on hard surfaces so much more annoying now -LOL-
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/281/240

Height: 5'11"

I like to make weight jokes about myself. They are hilarious. Cant make those jokes when you are thin
Jayded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.8/222.8/160

The twins. But then again after having a kid....their not quite in their prime LOL.
kellkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #9  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I gotta say I miss the girls, too. I was out with my girlfriend the other night and she and I used to have the same size boobs. Well, I truly believe that 10 of my almost 50 pounds lost were in the boobs. After seeing pics of us is when I became SO aware of how small they are now. And now more than ever, I miss them.

RIP boobies....
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #10  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Put on a TON of weight in April/May and I will say the one upside is that my booty looked great in jeans

It get so flat when Im in the 120s!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

I would never admit or do this in public But my tummy fat forms a perfect shelf to rest my laptop when I have my feet up and sometimes I think how when I lose weight it's going to be way less comfortable to sit there and type leaning back. But somehow I think I'll manage.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

BOOBS...where oh where have you gone? I miss you so!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I will miss my boobs, as much as I curse them now, (hello back pain if I don't wear a super supportive expensive bra) I've had them since I was a teen, ever increasing in size. I think I will miss them a lot.

I will miss being COMFY... though honestly not sure I am going to lose enough weight ever to lose that. I've always been soft and comfy again since I was in high school. I was the "mom" person my friends turned to when we were at boarding school when they needed a hug because they missed their parents. Etc. I'm like an oversized pillow!

I'll like being a chubby girl because I'm single. It just means I can talk to who I want to (though they might not talk to me) and no one pairs us up or thinks we are dating. No one ever accuses me of flirting with their man etc etc... the kind of BS that some of my thinner friends get from other women who are jealous or suspicious. Kind of nice to not have to worry about that.

I like how I float when I swim, I don't like to swim in public but I love the contrast of the floating feeling I get there to reality. If I ever reach GW I don't think it will be quite the same.

I like that people think I am cute. In a teddybear sort of way.

However... my heart health, says that those are not good enough reasons to stay at my current weight so... gotta get back on track!
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Silent Funny you say that-- my ex-husband's favorite place to rest his head was on my boobs. He called it the Sealy boob-- like the mattress. Sweet, eh? He fell asleep there every time. It wasn't me resting my head on my husband's chest-- was the other way around.

I'm a decent "C" when I'm on the thinner side, so they should stay about that size when I'm where I want to be, only more deflated looking. ~sigh~ Maybe they will look upwards to the sky a little more by then.

I like my curves. I just totally despise my belly, especially the side view. But heck, I am 5'9", and way back in high school I was a juniors' size 13. Nice curvy-ness at that age, but I could not stand that side view for anything in the world, even at 17 years old.

Last edited by KerriLeah; 07-04-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: grammars' sake.
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Hmm, I'm an apple really but losing 50 lbs has given me a really nice curve along my waist. I still have a lot more to go but I'm hoping to keep some of that curve
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote