Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default New here and in need...please!

'

Hi...I am new to this forum and grateful to find it. I have been struggling with food all my life and my weight has gone up and down. I have reached a point where weight loss was IMPOSSIBLE until starting Ideal Protein. I've lost about ten pounds, in a month. I am so bored with it, and cheated only one day which set me back for days and was hardly worth it. BUT...while this is working and I'm feeling a bit better slightly slimmer, I have twenty pounds to go. They are not racing off at this point, about all of it was the first week.

With all the summer events I feel just like an alcoholic going to hang out at bars, taunting myself and not indulging. It's so hard I really need encouragement to stay the course. If anyone would offer some help from their experience, i would truly appreciate it. I have a big party tomorrow for which I baked my two special desserts...everyone loves including me. Ugh. Food is just for fuel I know but it's been my drug of choice.

thanks.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

There's an Ideal Protein area of the forums under Diet Central where you can connect with others following that particular food program.

There are a lot of summer events, but there will always be more. The events aren't about the food... they're about the company you keep! Enjoy the activities and the conversation.

Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #3  
wants to walk away 200lbs

S/C/G: 350 -last time I found a scale

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC, I love it here!
fatgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Welcome! I so agree with lovely, try to focus on the event, the people and the fun instead of the food. Food will always be there, don't give your drug power over you. ( i know, easier said than done ) maybe consider bringing a healthy dessert to the event? (like a fruit salad or a low calorie jell-o no bake dessert?)

take care
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #5  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Thank you...that focus (that food isn't the reason for being with an event or fun activity, it's the people!) helps so much. THANKS
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote