View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #67
Riemontana

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

I had a good day but I am tired. I had dinner with my folks and then spent the evening watching my 4yr old gs set off fireworks in the back yard. It was very sweet.

Marie, how cute is that little guy? Amazing! It is so great that you are creating all those memories with him!

Gayle, I wouldn't worry about the oven thing..... I know that it is disconcerting, but if that was an indicator of any senior dementia, I would be there already! I also understand the reluctance to get treatment in your own hospital. Even without any of the issues you mentioned, it would be uncomfortable to be a patient in front of your colleagues. Keep us posted.

Mary, chicken: 4 parts soy sauce, 1 part brown sugar, 1/2 cup finely diced garlic, 6 green onion tops chopped, sweet chili sauce to taste. Marinate chicken pieces for at least 12 hours. Grill slowly over medium coals, turning frequently. I loved the RV!

Zoe, I am so sorry about what is happening at your work. Only you can make the decision about what you should do now. The best thing about being a real social worker is that we work from our heart and soul. The hardest thing about being a real social worker is that our heart and soul are in our work. I wish I had the answer about how some agencies lose their way. Your post made me think about the importance of each of our contributions to the day. I hope that even when you don't feel like chatting, you will stop by here and visit. I can only speak for myself, but I always enjoy your posts and your special energy. I will be thinking of you.

Forgive me, I am very tired tonight. Little man is waiting for me as I promised him that he could have a "sleep over" in my bed with me tonight. I will be back tomorrow.

Rie