View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #59
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good morning GG's,

It is a nice sunny day here. Supposed to be up in the 100's again today.

My son is here this morning. He is having a run of bad luck. He had a bad infection in his arm and had to miss several days of work. It got better thankfully and he was to return to work today. He woke up this morning and his ear was swollen shut (he is hearing impaired and wears hearing aids in both ears). So he is not able to work again because he can't wear the hearing aid ~ this creates a safety issue at work. He is having throbbing pain in his ear. He is all stressed out ~ how bad this looks to be calling in after he has already missed days and to boot to have to call in on a holiday weekend. When this ear infection happens, he has to go to the dr and they vacuum out his ear. Why does this stuff always happen when the dr's office is closed ~ they won't be back till Tuesday ~ if they even have an opening that day. I don't understand why an ER couldn't help or an urgent care place. But he says he has been through this before and the only help they can offer him at those places is something for pain until he can get into his ear doctor. Please God ~ answer some prayers for Jason.

On a more positive note, my neice (single mom/college student) has been struggling ~ she had been working for a dr and his wife ~ doing house work and stuff. They kept having to cut her hours and she was struggling financially and feeling very stressed and all. She was able to get another job yesterday. So things should be looking up for her finally. It is a big relief to my sister ~ who was trying to help her, and is having her own financial struggles. Wish I could win a big lottery and help all my family who are struggling financially.

Ok, gotta get started on the continuing ed stuff.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)