View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #47
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Ok, here is where I live. I think our house is like 20 years old ~ we have been here for about 6 years now. We bought this house in an unusual way. DH had gotten fed up with his job. He and our DD Sara were talking one weekend and one thing led to another. She had been trying to get us to move down by her. They began looking at houses on-line. It is cool how now-a-days, you can go to a web site and see pictures of the houses inside and out. Steve found some he liked, and Sara physically went to see them. She told him which ones she thought were nice or were ones she thought we would like. So, we bought this house and never saw it in person first ~ only the pictures on line and Sara's description. It turned out pretty good. We like it here.

The first picture is the front of the house. The second picture is the deck out back and some of the back yard. The third picture is the back yard from another angle. The second picture was before my husband got down here and took over the yard work. The third picture is after he was here and he added new rocks to the stone paths and made it look real nice. Our back yard doesn't have a lawn or any place to play ~ it is all plants and stuff. And there is this kind of little pond thing with rocks and water comes out like a waterfall. Makes it enjoyable and relaxing to sit on the deck and listen to that.

He does all the yard work (retired, so he has time) he hates yard work, but works really hard at it and keeps it looking nice.

I probably won't post pictures of the inside. It is pretty in some places, and not so much in othe places. Mainly because there is no basement or attic or storage areas, we have had to use rooms that were meant for one purpose and use them for a different purpose. We are not entertainers, so no one is ever here except family and they know our eccentricities and accept us as we are. The dining room has a treadmill, eliptical and recumbent exercise bike as well as shelving on two walls that is like a giant pantry/storage area for boxes. Not very pretty, but it is functional. The dining room table is in what is actually the living room. It is covered totally with DH's coupons. That room also doubles as my husband's office/computer space, and more shelving that has boxes that would go in an attic if we had one. I am hoping that someday I will have time to get those boxes gone through and eliminate some of that stuff. No time right now though. Then what should be the master bedroom, is his living room ~ with his TV and stuff. (How we are able to live together and get along ~ his and hers spaces ~ LOL)

Sorry this ended up so long ~ I don't seem to have the ability to tell about things in any kind of brief way. Thank you for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front of house 2.jpg (36.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0374.jpg (60.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0617.jpg (58.3 KB, 18 views)

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)