Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #1  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Default Autumn Beauties July Daily Check In - Everyone is Welcome to Join

July is here. Where did the first 6 months of the year go?

Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of July. Let's set our goals and work really hard to reach them.

July's Challenge:

1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of July ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. I will stay at or below 1800 calories every day, etc.)
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in July.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)
On the days that you don't exercise:
•Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or

•Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or

•While you're watching TV why not pick up your hand weights and work those arm muscles.

LET'S ALL ROCK IT DURING MONTH OF JULY!!!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default My Goals for July

My Goals for June are:

1. Stick to eating right and watch the sodium
2. Do The FIRM DVDs and Walk at least 5 times per week
3. Post here daily
4. Try more recipes
5. Limit sugar and refined Carbs. Stick to whole grains
5. Stay on track every single weekend in the month
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #3  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Yay!! Thanks for starting this thread!! July means summer, heat, sweat, sunshine, shorts and tank tops. Let’s do our best to get fit and drop some poundage, people!! (oh, and I like the bonus challenge of using hand weights while watching TV...good one!)

My July goals:

1) Get to the elusive 160s...my GW is 165, so I am going to try my best to hit it by July 31st.
2) Work out at least 4 times a week (cardio for at least 30-45 minutes)
3) I will stop by to say hello daily!

Good luck to everyone!! We can do this!!

Last edited by Emme; 06-30-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Morning all!

1. stick to my new eating plan
2. Focus on cardio
3. visit and post foods daily

There may be more later, LOL. I keep a food/exercise journal and Tomorrow I get to start a new one for the next 6 months! The old one wasn't made well and the pages stuck together and were hard to turn so I"m happy to be done with it.

Gettin, thanks for starting the new thread.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #5  
~Kim~

Thanks for starting the new thread GettinFit!

I want to make July a really strong month so my goals are going to be a little more ambitious than usual.

July Goals:
Lose 15lbs.
Eat on plan the whole month, no cheat days.
Do 30 Day Shred 6 days a week.
Bike 100 miles per week.
Do a different workout DVD 5 days a week.
Zumba on Saturdays.

I'm also giving myself a challenge. Chocolate is my biggest craving and when eating healthy I really do well with limiting the amount I have. The only chocolate I even allow myself on plan is my protein powder, cocoa almonds, vitatops and the occasional sugar free mini chocolate bar. For the month of July I'm challenging myself to no chocolate whatsoever. If I can do that, it will be a big accomplishment for me.

I hope everyone has a great month!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 07-01-2011 at 01:07 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #6  
~Kim~

Well after working myself up a bit over my weighin this morning, talk about unexciting. I'm still exactly at 226.4, or more likely I'm back down to it. =) Oh well, I'm just glad I didn't show a gain after everthing going on in June. That means I have a long way to go to try to meet my goal for when my husband gets home, but if I work really hard I think it's possible. I really want July to be a big month for me so it's time to get moving more!

I hope everyone has a wonderful first day of the month!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies

Happy Friday!

Everyone's goals for the month of July are awesome.

Kim - I'm sorry your W/I wasn't what you'd hoped for but I think you did an awesome job of not gaining with all you had going on last month. Your total loss since March is great!!! I hope you and me both show a nice drop by 8/1. I'm hoping to be at 209 (or below)

I hope everyone has a great day and let's challenge ourselves to stay OP over the weekend We can do it!!!

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-01-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #8  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's journal

Friday 7/1
B: 100 Cal whole grain english muffin, 1 sl canadian bacon, 1 sl 2% cheese, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee
L: Salad w/beans & shredded cheese & reg sal dressing, 4 whole grain crackers
S: 100 Cal yogurt, peanuts, plum, 1 tsp cashew butter
D: Shrimp, 4 pcs choc, glass of red wine
Exercise: Mall walk

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #9  

Morning all. Just starting us off! I have to clean house today.

I keep track of my workouts each day; DVD title, length/time and then at the end of the year add it all up to see what I've done, what I'm not using, and if I need to purge/buy something, LOL. Jan- June I did 112 workouts, which breaks down to 60 cardio {walking, kbox, TM workouts}, 44 strength {mostly weights, some yoga and pilates}, and 16 weights/cardio circuits.

I managed to lose 1.4lbs overnight. I shouldn't get excited, with my track record it will be back tomorrow and have invited a few friends along. I can't even change my weight because I gained and never reset it.Hopefully all the cardio and the new eating plan are working. I plan on taking my measurements today also.

Kim, I'm sorry you maintained but at least you didn't gain.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #10  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

My goals for July!
1. Get into the 210's
2. State affirmations daily
3. Check in to thread daily (though I might not always post, I do read regularly!)
4. Work the Weight Watchers program to the fullest (weekly meeting, daily tracking, counting activity points)
5. Work out 6x a week with Insanity, 30 Day Shred, and other workouts
6. Be patient with this process, forgiving myself when I slip up

So I've been following this Autumn Beauties thread for two months now...and I've maintained. Last night I took a good hard look at what I've been going through and I saw two things: 1. I have lost patience with myself when I slip up, start to beat up on myself, which doesn't help get me back on track 2. I got bored with the Insanity workouts!

So for July, I'm committed to mixing it up and keeping it interesting in terms of my workouts and also being kinder to myself when I slip up, in addition to everything else I've been doing.

I am getting married in a couple of months, and while I can fit into my wedding dress, I've always envisioned having to take it in by the time I get married. I want to make my vision a reality!

Also - I just want to say thank you to the lovely ladies in this group. You guys are my inspiration!!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 07-01-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #11  

Tricia, How wonderful! Best wishes for your wedding and married life!

PS: I changed my weight so its current!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #12  
There's no fear...

Thanks Penguin!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #13  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Kim ~ You didn't gain, though, so that's awesome!! I have a feeling that July is going to be a great month for you.

GettinFit ~ I'll going you with an OP challenge for this weekend. I am determined to make July my most OP month yet.

Penguin ~ It's great that you are taking your measurements. I'm so glad I did that when I started my WL journey. Hey, a 1.4 pound overnight drop is a drop! Even if it goes back up, at least you will have seen that number...that's how I look at it.

Tricia ~ I know what it's like to beat myself up, so I hear ya. It's great that you are going to focus on being kinder to yourself...it's important, for sure! And congrats on getting married in a few months!

I WI this morning "officially" and I finally saw the 160s...granted, it was 169.8, but I'll take it! I am 4 pounds away from goal, so I am really determined to do the best that I can this month. 30 days is nothing, right?! I hope you all have a great Friday!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #14  
There's no fear...

Thanks Emme! Congrats to making it to the 160's!! 104.2 lbs lost - you have SO much to be proud of girl!! You will get those 4lbs!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #15  
Stay Focused & Committed

AWHHH Tricia - You're so sweet! These ladies motivate me too! Your goals look great and don't be too hard on yourself, just try harder this month. Congrats on your upcoming wedding too

Emme - on making the 160s. Looks like you're gonna make your July 31 goal of 165!!! I'm so excited for you.

Penguin - Great job on the loss!! Hopefully it will stick.

I am going to give it my all this month to stay 100% on track everyday and to complete my Firm rotation. I really would love to make 209 by Aug.