Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, June 2nd

Okay so its not Monday YET, in 55 minutes it will be
So I cheated ....................................

I'm up late b/c I did a lot of cooking AND cleaning and well quite frankly I'm just plum wound up.....I KNOW I KNOW ! I'm usually sleeping by 9 pm. I made a couple of dishes for the week, some food for lunches (for me being on CAD) and a sugarless cheesecake for my breakfast nummy... getting tired of eggs so this will help break it up for the week.

I was horribly sick this weekend....fever, hershey squirts, cold, you name it.... I ate to many cough drops so I think thats gonna screw up my diet......oh well...tomorrow's another day....Gracie & Hubby were also sick so that was no help in getting any rest. Tomorrow at work I'll rest unless Linny harrasses me

Hope everyone has a wonderful day........Hugs

Leenie
Old 06-01-2003, 11:39 PM   #2  
CIN

Default hello early!

Hello Chickies
It is not quite Monday but I could not resist........popping in and saying Good Night.

We went to Ohio this weekend and my Dad is now in the Hospice Center and resting comfortably...............we have had some good visits these past few weeks.

Leens.sorry you have been ill this weekend.hope you are better!

Happy Monday...........

Cin
Old 06-01-2003, 11:50 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

She caught me ROFL.............
Cin I'm glad things went well w/Dad.
Take care of yourself and get to bed...thats where I'm going in about 5 minutes lol...........actually I'm thinking of sneaking some cheesecake mmmmmmmmmmmm... nah...just joshin. Can't snack on CAD
Old 06-02-2003, 09:04 AM   #4  

Talking Good morning everybody!

Well I survived yet another stretch of nights.......it was an abdo pain.....atrial fib type of stretch and that was ok!

The kids ran around with hubby all weekend and had a blast....playing soccer, movies, galaxyland, playing with friends etc! Made it great for sleeping and was great together time for them.

I am going to be cleaning and making appointments today as Monday is usually a get organized day for me.........it is overcast so perfect for cleaning....my housekeeper comes Wed so that gives me a few days to get things back in order!

Really finding the extra weight I am lugging around difficult and am going to drink a ton of water today and get back on track yet again!

I love June..........I love all the fun of the school year wrapping up....have lots of time off this summer...a fun trip planned with another family in July/ Aug.....folk fest, Fringe festival etc....going do some camping too with the girls.

I am going away on Friday morning with my girls to go visit their cousin at the same residental school that I went to for High school it is her first and last year there and there is threat of it closing down so I want my girls to see where I went to school and also to go take my neice out for the weekend. We will stay close by and do dinner out, movies shopping and other female bonding type things.....hubby will stay home with the dog

It is a six hour drive though so I am gonna have to be ready with movies, books and tapes!

Hope you are all off to a great start this week.......I see some of you had an early start. Take care and I will check in later and let you know if I am staying on track!

Eliz
Old 06-02-2003, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well goodmorning ladies!!!!!

It is 8:00 here and I got in here and thought "wow we've got some early birds! lol" but I see yall were really early!!! :-)

I was in bed by 8:30 last night. I have no idea why I was so tired, but rather then fighting it I just went on to bed and slept and didn't wake up until a few minutes before 6:00 this morning.

Leenie - I would love to have your recipe for your sugarless cheesecake! Is it good? as you know, I LOVE CHEESECAKE! ;-)

Cin, I'm glad that your dad is resting and that yall have had some good visits. I know they will be sweet memories for you! hugs!

I have lots to do around here and home in the next 3 days, as me and mom are leaving on Thursday morning for Branson, Missouri. I think I need a bigger suitcase. lol

I really need to get to work, but I hope everybody has a GREAT day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-02-2003, 09:09 AM   #6  

Hey there Liz, we must have been posting at the same time!
Just wanted to say hi!!!
Enjoy your trip with the girls! :-)
hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-02-2003, 10:16 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy,

It was the first time me making it w/splenda... I tasted it this morning and its tooo sweet. So I'll have to experiment and use 1/2 of what I put in.

3 Pkg Cream Cheese (full fat)
3 Eggs
1 Cup of Sour Cream (full fat)
1/3 C. Splenda - USE LESS this is way to sweet... you'll have to judge it.
1 1/2 Tbls Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.....

Whip it all up in a mixer. Grease a 9" spring form pan. Line the bottom of the pan w/double wax paper (2 pieces) grease the wax paper also. The recipe calls for greasing the pan w/unsalted butter but I used Pam and it came out just fine. Also on the outside of the spring pan cover the outside bottom w/foil, 2 layers and make a tight seal b/cause your going to put the mixture in a water bath.

Okay after you've put the foil on the OUTSIDE bottom of pan, pour cake mixture in pan. Place cake pan in a deep roasting pan and put 1 inch of water at the bottom.

Cook for 1 hour
Shut oven off and let cake sit in the over for 1 more hour... do not open oven. Take out when done and cool off on wire rack.
Put in frig over night......yum

Any Idea's on the Splenda on how much to use, I'm up for grabs.

Leenie
Old 06-02-2003, 11:14 AM   #8  

Leenie - thank you sooooooo much! this sounds wonderful! i can barely imagine anything tasting too sweet! lol is it waaaaaaaaaay too sweet or just a little too sweet?
I guess if it is waaaaaaaay too sweet then we would want to try 1/2 of 1/3 cup (whatever that is lol) if it is just a little too sweet, then maybe just a little less then 1/3???

thanks again for the recipe tho!!!!!!

I want to try this one soon!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-02-2003, 03:20 PM   #9  

Hi everyone

It is a nice day here today.....yesterday it was pouring rain....oh well...we need the rain for the flowers.

I am doing better with being OP with WW....this is my 5th day being OP.

Leenie......hope you are feeling better today.

Liz.....working nights....I remember doing lots of nights....12 hour nights when I used to work.

Cathy.....have a great time in Branson.

Next week DH, our dog....Charlie & I are going to Victoria to visit DS3 & his DW....& to babysit their dog while they are in Las vegas.

I should go & get something done here.

April
Old 06-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #10  

April what kind of nursing did you do and why did you stop?

Eliz
Old 06-02-2003, 04:27 PM   #11  

LIz.....for about 6 1/2 years I worked in the Nursery. For 27 years I worked on Paeds.....6 1/2 years full time & the rest mainly casual.
I left because of politics...you could say....not enough staff. Partly it was through depression....a lot of it in the winter. I quit 11 years ago....back then....I didn't know it was S.A.D.

I really did like working with the babies & kids.

April
Closed Thread