Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/276.6/115

Height: 5'2

Unhappy TOM Help and Weight Loss??

Okay, I will try and not make this too long! By the way, it may be a bit graphic (sorry in advance). Here goes:

I recently started a new dieting plan but before beginning, I wanted to "detox" and get rid of some of my cravings (see introduction section). I fasted for 2 days, then I have been doing an intermittent fast. I am at 276.6 (Yeeeeea!) as of this morning. Well....I started my period last Monday...wait, let me back up!

My periods have never been reliable or a constant. I have gone 2-3 months without one and I always assumed it was because of weight. Well, it's been a while since I had one but it's seems to be back with a vengence. I'm still on and not sure if this has do do with not having a regular one or just the fact that I have lost weight?? I'm on day 12....I am actually not really tired or anything either. Also, I have not had cramps or anything, like I normally have. I am normally doubled over in pain from TOM but not this time. It just won't stop and it's super heavy!

Any one else experience this?
tired of fat 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

You've changed a lot in your life in a short amount of time. I always had irregular periods, too, but am way past that now, so I can't tell you how my body reacted when I started to lose weight. I do remember that the longer I went between periods, however, the longer they seemed to last. I'd give it a day or 2 more and then call the doctor if nothing has changed. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck - stay healthy.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

My cycles have always been the opposite- regular like clockwork, then things got really wonky once I started losing a fair amount of weight. I had one month where my cycle started as regular, then 2 weeks later I had another full cycle, cycles that start days earlier than usual, and extremely heavy cycles.

Someone on this board posted that it might be due to estrogen release; something that happens with weight loss as estrogen is stored in fat.

Last edited by Beck; 06-24-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/276.6/115

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the advice!
tired of fat 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

interesting timing for this question. I started this diet a month ago and my period showed up around the usual time yesterday, but it is way heavier this time than it's been for a while, after losing about 17 lbs since I started. I just hope it doesn't last any longer than usual!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

I have been on the Nuva Ring for years and only usually get my period twice a year. I have been spotting, holding water and totally of whack ever since I started dieting and exercising! I feel you. I can't tell what the heck is going on but I do know that my poor body has gone from eating whatever it wants and using the treadmill as a decorative piece of furniture in my spare bedroom to a strict diet and using the treadmill daily so I personally think we all just need to give our bodies a chance to catch up.....
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote