Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #1  

Default Anyone on optifast?

Hello,
Today I completed my first month on optifast. I think i've lost 20lbs today: anyone having a hard time? any tips on exercise and this program. any advice i'd really be thankful for
looking great at 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #2  
imnotdoneyet

S/C/G: 461/386/250

Height: 5 '8"

Hi looking great,
I am on Optifast-on my second week(for the second time)
I don't have any advice but maybe we can compare notes...I am having very bad muscle cramps all over my body and am having trouble consuming all 4 shakes-how about you;what has your first month been like?
Blessings!
danceswithnoknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/225/145

Height: 5ft4inches

hello new friends!I'm on my 33 day on optifast and I feel very strong and confident that I made a good choice for me,due to health concerns I need to lose about 60 lbs to stop my rush to diabsetes and to help my ckd kidne ys.I see my dr.every week and attend sessions each week.I also struggle to not n ibble on a limb at times but this new found website has been a great help.I
enjoy all the advice and wisdom freely shared.thanks,native woman in Seattle
native woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I was on optifast for 3 weeks prior to weight loss surgery and I so loved it! I loved not having to think about what I was going to have to eat, not having to make any choices but that of course is what screws people up when going back to eating regular food. I had surgery so my diet is quite regimented. I found that making a smoothie out of the powder worked really well, I had all chocolate flavor so it was terrific. I'd make a chocolate smoothie with the optifast powder, ice of course and about twice the water it normally calls for and blend it. Some people add in a spoonful of instant coffee for that mocha flavor but I liked it plain. Also there are sugar free flavorings you can add to make a multitude of different types of shakes, mint, raspberry, hazelnut etc. The syrups are called Torani and Davinci (those are the brand names), not sure where you could buy them in the area you are but I hear a lot of different stores have them or even some coffee chains carry them and will sell bottles of syrup flavors. I never had any side effects, it was pretty smooth sailing for me. I lost 22 lbs in 21 days, which was so awesome. everyone's results vary, it depends too on how much you weigh to begin with.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/225/145

Height: 5ft4inches

Default keep on trying!

Jen! Thats my experience on optifast also, I appreciated having limited choices as tempting stuff was out of reach of all my justifications.I am now on my 48th day and Im developing positive plans for maintaince,I just have to continue on and your body will adjust! congradulations on your surgury and I hope you are doing well.
native woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/305/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi are any of you still on Optifast? I started about 3 weeks ago and I'm looking for advice. I posted a thread on prepackaged diets but no one is responding. I am not quite 40 but this is the only thread I found that is talking about it.

Thanks!
April
Bunpeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #7  

Hi April,
I am getting ready to start Optifast next week, maybe we can support each other! I'm surprised that there aren't more people doing this. I have tried most everything out there including Lap-Band and now I want to just QUIT thinking about what i am goin g to put in my mouth! i have done this before and it really just got to be so simple and after a few days I wasn't starving! My only concern is I am going on a week vacation not too long after i begin, not sure how I am going to handle that. I hope you are doing well and keep up the good work!

Karen
Bobbysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/198/120

Height: 5 ft

Hi April and Karen!

I am a 50+, but I followed April here from the other forum to see where else there is to go, as I just registered here. I would really love to have someone to compare notes with/share ideas, etc.

Please let me know if you are interested!
deecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #9  

Hi Karen & Deecee
I replied to my original post. I just saw it today. I think it would be awesome if we could get a support post going to help each other out! Where should we go? Stay right here?

I am surprised too that more people aren't on it. I know it is expensive but my husband and I decided we were sick and tired of being overweight and unhealthy. I know I will not get to my goal weight on the fast portion but at least it is a boost in the right direction and I really am hoping this will give me the tools I need to succeed long term with taking the weight off and keeping it off!

The first couple of weeks were soo tough for me. Deecee-I really like the soups actually they are my favorite part. I wait and eat it at dinner time. The chicken is my favorite.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #10  

Oh Karen I forgot to add, I know going on vacation will be tough but I think if you pack your product and always keep something on you/in your purse. You will do great! You have the will power to succeed! The first week I was on the diet, my husband and I had to go meet an out of town family member at a restaurant. It was SOOO hard to sit there smelling the wonderful smells and watching him eat while we sipped on our diet cokes, but we did it and made it through! We went home and immediately ate a bar
Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #11  

Here you are, April! I knew I had seen your name! As far as where we should go - isn't there an Optifast group? I think there is, but no new messages there?? I feel kind of funny posting on here since I'm OLD! LOL! Let me know what you think, and Karen - good luck getting started!!! I hope that it goes great for you! I look forward to hearing how you are doing!
Dee
Old 01-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #12  

Hey Dee,
Let's stick with the Optifast 800 thread I started in the packaged meals and clinics forum. Sound good?

Karen- please join us over there!

Last edited by Bunpeal; 01-30-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 AM   #13  

Sounds great!! I will post there - hope you join us, Karen!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/297.5/160

Height: 5'4

Smile Optifast Really Works :D

Food has always had a way to make me happy, but when i went in for a physical and realized i was 330lbs at 17 with a blood sugar of 6.9(Type2 diabetes/Pre-diabetes) i was very much ready to make a change being bigger my whole life and being ok with it wasn't ok for me anymore. I found Optifast and just tried it, I will say a lot of people complain about the taste but i don't mind it, I actually like everything for the most part.I have been on Optifast since December and am down to 295.6lbs. blood sugar is down to 6.1(Which is almost normal) blood pressure has also lowered to very healthy.
I find room for food to fit into my calories, i tell myself this everyday to keep me going(my doctors exact words) "No Food Is Bad Food". If your looking into Optifast go for it, it will work.

(((Also for the people asking about workouts i found a kettle bell work out videos to be very good specially when you don't have an hour to work out, I would say have kettle bells at all different weights(5lbs,8lbs,12lbs.))))

Last edited by StaciaBelaine; 01-06-2015 at 02:47 PM.
StaciaBelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/297.5/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking great at 46 View Post
Hello,
Today I completed my first month on optifast. I think i've lost 20lbs today: anyone having a hard time? any tips on exercise and this program. any advice i'd really be thankful for
REPLY- StaciaBelaine go to the store and buy kettle bells (5lb,8lbs,12lbs) with a work out video, I bought a kettle bell that you can remove weight or add weight and it comes with a video but im not exactly sure what it is called, its a 12 min workout, there are 3 different workouts in the video but i only do one of them. but me as a bigger person(295lbs) just do the 12 min workout and get a very good one. it works your abbs,butt,legs,and arms. Pretty much everything you want to be worked all at once.
StaciaBelaine is offline   Reply With Quote