Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat: Monday June 20- Sunday June 26

starting new thread
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  

morning chickies. The sun is shining and looks like a beautiful day is in store.

Sandra, . What an amazing weekend you had. You rock!!! My girls didn't call my husband until later in the day and he was moping around. Hope Curtis got his call.

Rhonda, 104??? Wheww, that is hot and glad you did not break down with a carload.

Maryann, hope you have a wonderful week with your sis. I know I do when my younger sis visits. Check in if possible, but otherwise, just have fun.

Vickie, we have been eating out more than normal too. Been helping my daughter with their shop (painting, etc) and haven't cooked at all. We made a long trip to Knoxville(2.5 hrs) to pick up a mirror she found on Craiglist and then did some shopping. We got home after 1 a.m., but we had fun and found lots of great things for her salon.

My daughter is in Kansas City for the week. She won state championship (2 yrs in a row) for nails and is competing at the national level. She ended up in 5th last year. I'm sure my grandsons will be over a lot, looking for food, lol. They live just across the road from us on our farm.

Have a great week.

Last edited by pam920; 06-20-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to JC but it's not going to be a good weigh in.

Found out my middle Sister, 9 years older than me, had two strokes yesterday and is in a hospital in Bloomington, IL. I spoke to her and she doesn't seem worse but these are her 2nd and 3rd strokes that we know of. Testing today and for the next few days.

Hope you are all well. Sometimes life is tough. Gotta go talk to the oldest Sister about the flowers we sent.

Light and love.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Pam, congratulations to your daughter. She must be exceptionally talented. That's amazing going to nationals. Tell her I said congratulations. Curtis didn't get his call. He hasn't mentioned it. Neither have I. I am going to send his daughter a note, though. She needs to be more considerate.

Vickie, I am so sad about your sister. I hope she's able to recover completely. I love you and am thinking of you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Vickie, I'm sorry about your sister. I hope that she has a speedy recovery and no recurrences.

Sandra, of course you won. What else?! But, better by 200 points must be exceptionally good. I'm sorry about Curtis not getting his call. 3 of DH's 4 called; we didn't expect anything from the 4th one, who is estranged.

I met with the physical therapist this morning who was very encouraging about my knee. A few weeks of rehab and I'll be back at the weights she thinks.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you'll be back to lifting weights soon. Tell Doyle I said, "Happy Birthday!" Thank you for the compliment. I'm still on cloud 9.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Funny story: Friday John Magera (2004 Olympic Archer) and I were visiting during the tournament. I had introduced him to our 2 young cousins earlier (ages 8 & 9). Anyway, John was giving me some pointers when the 2 young angels walked up to him with their grandmother's cellphone. In a sweet little voice one of them said, "Mr. John, would you take our picture?"

John got really tickled. The boys had their picture taken with him. I need to get off here now and e John and thank tell him how cute he looked "working" with those youngsters. Can you imagine the memories that built for those boys?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #8  

that is so sweet Sandra. You look good up on that cloud. I would be too, if I were you.

Rhonda, good news on your knee. Now, follow your dr.s orders and take it easy.

Vickie, I am so sorry to hear that about your sis. Hope there is no permanent damage. My dad suffered a stroke and was never the same.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Another 2lbs off on Sunday, so I am well pleased. Mark got through a second Father's Day and it wasn't as painful as last year.
Sorry I've not been around too much... no excuse at all... Mia Culpa
I can't get a ticker to register only 14lbs at a time
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

JoJo. How much weight have you released now? You're doing great, girl!!

Pam, I tried to post a photo of the awards ceremony, but I couldn't get it done.

I made what I call "A Country Lunch" today. Ham/pinto beans, cornbread, oven-roasted potatoes (used to make fries), fresh radish, sliced onion, and pickled beets. My tummy is happy.
I never did e John. I will go do that now.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-21-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

This photo was taken with a friend's IPAD during the awards ceremony at the National Senior Games.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 3fc.bmp (46.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Sorry to not have been around for ages. How are you all? We are both fine which is more than can be said about the weather. Since the middle of May we have had nothing but high winds, or at best, blustery days. Not to mention, sun, rain and hail often in the same day. Last week it we so humid indoors that we put the fans on. That night, it was so cold, we put the heating on… crazy or what?
We had a case review on my mum recently. The dementia has progressed at an alarming rate (tell us something we don’t know) and, there is no more can be done for her except basic care. She is still refusing any help from staff and somedays has 3 inco pads on and nothing else. I had a long chat with her, and so far she is accepting help. Though how long it lasts is open to debate. Ironically, she is the head nurse who wrote, back in the 60’s, the procedure book on coping with confused, aggressive patients without resorting to sedating.

Houses are still not moving over here, and unlikely to given the present economic climate. We are nearly finished with the decorating so will sit pretty until things pick up. Its hard though, there are so many memories of our daughter
I’m losing weight steadily. 2lbs a week. I have a long, long way to go but its not a race so I just take it one stone (14lbs) at a time. I've lost 3 stones in all, put a bit back on and then lost it.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

sorry to hear about your sister vickie i hope she is ok.

Well done on the loss jojo

Hope your all ok xx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #14  

morning chicks. I'm tired today. Had a long day yesterday and I will be out of kilter today, for sure.

My husband had to visit ER yesterday morning, due to kidney stone. This rinky dink place in town they call a hospital, just gave him pain meds and sent him on his way. No scan, nothing. Got home, the pain started really bad again, so off we go to the bigger hospital an hour away. We sit in the ER waiting room for a couple hours. His pain has subsided, so he decides to just leave and go home. We get back in the car, and a block away, the pain starts, so back to ER. They did cat scan and he has a stone that has 50% chance of passing. Have to see Urologist today and maybe surgery to remove on Thursday. We got home around 1 a.m. He had a bad night, vomiting, etc. Not sure if the stone or the pain meds are causing this.

Hope everyone is okay. I'm too tired to think straight this morning. Need my coffee.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #15  
hopeless but harmless

Forgot to say: Sorry to hear about your sister about your Vickie How is she now?

Pam Small comfort I know, but when I trained as a nurse we were told that kidney stones, gallstones and childbirth were the 3 worst pains you could ever had. When I had an attack of gallstone pain, my husband thought I was having a coronary!
Is your husband still a bit sicky? He must be exhausted. The pain would have put him into shock, not to mention the treatment in the first hospital. I'm surprised they didn't give him a tea strainer and told him to call them when he passed it. Marcus Welby was never like this
Tell him, from one stone sufferer to another, I said Hi.