Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #257 Bale of Turtles Facing the Summer!

We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Yeah Summer Here we come!!!!

I always get antsy! Think summer is going to pass me by, and I will have not enjoyed it!!!! So lets think of all the summer things that are going to help us.

1. Lots of fresh local veggies and fruits!!! Yum
2. Water-- it is hot so we drink more.
3. The weather is great so we get outside more. swim, walking...
4. The daylight is longer peoples moods are improved Yeah!!! to sunshine.

I am sure there are more ways this wonderful season can motivate us!!! Lets enjoy.....

Thinking Thin for summer!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday to you all! Rainy day here but according to the weather man we need it ?!?! Not sure how they are figuring that but ok, I will take his word for it.

I was online yesterday playing around and it looks like our library has the availability to down load books to an E-reader and you can borrow them that way... yah. So I am in the process of getting that set up... I love my Nook, it is so light weight and portable so it will be nice to be able to borrow books from the library to put on there for the summer.

Went to walking group last night, took the dog and my D-DIL and Grandbaby joined us which was a wonderful thing since no one showed up again... thinking I am going to cancel it moving forward so that DIL and I can do other things at the gym, etc.

Most of the kids are coming over for supper tonight, was thinking about doing burgers on the grill but with the rain that might not work... need to come up with as plan "B" which was a pot of chili but am not sure about that now. Will figure out something!

Judy: Good luck at W/I today! I hope that it goes well!

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? Do you read Debbie Macomber? She has a couple of series that are fun reads... And how about Janet Evanovich? She has a series out that is super fun to read... the Stephanie Plumb books.

Terri: I love your list! I love summer too, not so much of a winter person anymore - I love working in the gardens in the summer, one of my favorite things! Also love the farmers markets!

Life: How are you doing?

Cherry: Things getting back to normal for you I hope... it is hard to be away then try and get back into the swing of things.

Last edited by Princess1122; 06-15-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
This will be short because dh and I are taking a break before we do some afternoon chores.
I lost another 1 1/2 pounds this week, so I'm working on getting rid of the excess weight that crept up. When I hit 189, I'll feel like I am in new territory. (Because of the hives and meds one week last July I lost 7# and ended up at 182#----that was evidently bogus and I put on 4# the next week. Since then I've been up and down but for 5 weeks in a row recently I put on 1/2 to 1 1/2# weekly. Not fun. Got up to 199, got scared silly and really tried hard. It's working. I made a cauliflower soup yesterday and ate a lot. Had lunch out w/gf. Ate 1/2 BLT and brought home the rest which my dh ate. Thank you! It was worth it to have a good WI this morning.

Terri, great ideas for summer.
I'm grateful for good watermelon and luscious fruits! Also WW cole slaw tastes mighty good and is a welcome change from tossed salad.
The heat, not too hot, feels yummy on my skin.

Princess, yes, stop the walking group and find something fun for you and your dil to do.

I'll chime in later when I have more time.
JUdy
234.6/194.6#/180's and thinner
Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Looks like it will be a steamy but rain free day here with rain predicted all weekend... so it is plan B for the fathers day festivities. The family came over last night for supper and it was going to be burgers on the grill or a pot of chili if it rained but DH tummy is not well so I made a meatloaf instead which worked out very well, everyone was hungry and there was enough left over to pack up lunches for my two DS and that took care of all of the leftovers... yah!

Tonight is my W/I and Meeting... I expect a gain but will just get thru it and move on. I talked with D-DIL last night and we agreed that there are other things we want to try on a Tuesday night so will cancel the walking group since there is no interest and move on to other things.

The garden is loving this warm weather and things are moving along nicely... we even have a pepper already!

Judy: A huge congrats to you on your W/I! That is simply fabulous! You work so hard at this and it is wonderful to see you get rewarded! Any plans for the weekend?

Bandit: You have been quiet lately... you doing ok? Any plans for the weekend?

Terri: How are things going with you?

All: Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I hope your WI is okay tonight. I feel this week coming up will be a good one for you. You and your dil will have a good for Tuesday nights and that will help with your WI also. YOur celebration sounded good. Don't the kids love it when you send them home with food?

I'm still thinking of plans for Father's Day here on Sunday. I'm going to check with one of my daughters because if she can't handle pasta right now, I'll find something else. My dh suggested meatballs and spaghetti since our grandson loves that. I'm still in the thinking stages. LOL. Usually we BBQ, but my dh is the one who's good at that and I want to cook for Sunday.

I made a cauliflower soup that is extremely easy and filling. Take a 16oz. bag of cauliflower florets. Boil them for about 10 minutes in a cup of water and a boullion cube. (I've used both no sodium chicken and beef-----there's both good). Add nutmeg, turmeric, dill, pepper,=====anything that is nutritious and sounds good to you. I made mine more "Indian" this time. Let cool a bit. Then put in blender and get really smooth. It's delicious. It doesn't make a lot of soup because it's so thick, but it is very filling. It hit the spot here in our cool weather.
Also: here's an easy peasy Cole Slaw:
1 bag shredded cabbage
1 larger carrot shredded
1tiny onion (or half a med.), grated
1/4c. ff or lowfat mayo
pepper,
2T. apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar)
1T. mustard
Stir dressing together, add to vegetables and mix well. chill and enjoy----hardly any points +

I also bought the 97% ff hot dogs and grilled them in the house last night. I find Hebrew National brand very good----all beef franks. Check out vegetarian beans. My Bush label is only 3points+ for 1/2cup. Not bad---and I feel like I can enjoy a cookout.

Okay Turtles, keep on keepin' on! We are doing this. We've got another sunny day here. Hooray!
Judy
234.6/194.6/180's and thinner
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #7  

Thanks for the recipes Judy!

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tonight!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey all busy week here, weather great but no time to enjoy it!!! ++ work, then busy evenings, DS starts junior high (grade 7) at the highschool so orientation night last night, tonight is our work party, then older son will be home to have a BBQ for husband and my dad. At least ds is going to do all the food, just have to do some house cleaning! My cleaning lady starts the 20th!!!! she likes to have a full day for her first visit and the 20th was as soon as she could start!!!!

So otherwise still keepin at it, the warm weather seems to have zapped my appetite and maybe too busy to think about food!!! So not a bad thing!!!
Still have not hit the scale!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! I went to my meeting and W/I last night... was down .2 - was very happy about that, felt like I had lost 5 lbs - LOL cause I thought I had gained a lot! I will take it and get back at it! I also told the gals that due to lack of interest there would be no more walking group... so D-DIL and I will find other forms of exercise and mix it up a bit while the weather is good.

I am just so happy it is Friday! I have been very tired again this week even with getting to bed earlier so will continue that effort and try and get to sleep even earlier this coming week to see if I can not get that worked out and feel more rested.

Busy weekend ahead with shopping and prep for fathers day and then the actual event. I think I will add Judy's Cole Slaw recipe to my menu and see how that works...

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #10  

Loved reading all the encouraging posts. Look like summer has everyone in a good mood. I am doing ok so far but issues with my teeth have made the difference. Not a fun way to change eating habits. Anyway hoping to put the situation to good use and keep my weight down. Weighed in at 237.2 but it will probably go back up some when i can eat normal again.
I got a new exercise game for the wii and I am really enjoying it. It is called Exerbeat. It has aerobic dancing, latin and hip hop dancing exercises. Also karate, yoga, and boxercising. And a few games to play with the kids.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #11  
Chick

Cherry, no reason to go back up in weight once your teeth are feeling good.
After all, you've got your Wii to exercise with and you've got determination to hold onto this wonderful weight loss. You can do it.

Hey Princess, isn't it wonderful when you lose at the WI scale when you thought you'd be up? : Weigh to go! I do think that we beat ourselves up when we eat overboard------and yet we've learned so much that we do routinely that the "overeating" just isn't all that bad.
Have a nice Father's DAy and I hope you enjoy the cole slaw. I put some on my turkey sandwich yesterday and it bulked it up and made it less dry. Not at all bad.

Yesterday I was feeling sleepy and tired all day. Didn't get exercise in and that had something to do with it. I used more points and counted them in. Woke up this morning after lots of sleep and I'm not hungry yet. I wouldn't really recommend that LOL, but it worked for me and as long as I stay off the scale I can keep on keepin' on.

Bandit, having a dance this weekend?

Terri, you remind me of all the activities I used to do with my kids----lots of school meetings and orientations, etc. I like your attitude!

Okay Turtles, gotta run and get some groceries in for Father's Day. Decided on Meatballs and spaghetti. I'll get a Carvel Whale of a Dad ice cream cake and we'll all have a good time. I saw a Hungry Girl recipe for a dip that I'm going to try: here it is

Vegged-Up Veggie Dip
8 servings 1 point+ each
1 cup ff-plain Greek Yogurt
1/4c ff mayo
half a packet dry veggie soup mix
1 10oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 c. roasted red peppers packed in water, drained and chopped.
1 T. dried minced onions
Combine yogurt, mayo and soup mix. Stir well
Add remaining ingredients and mix until uniform
refrigerate at least 2 hours-----even better chilled overnight!

I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
Have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone I am still here. Summer school I am still adjusting to. I have dropped my hours down to like nothing which is good, in a way and bad. So I am okay with the school and work suitation. I weighed in today I gained 1# which a minor gain. Made me realize I need to watch what I am putting in my mouth. I made to Zumba today. Let's just say the whole not really working out showed. Halfway through the class I was ready to quit.

I am taking an online class cause I needed some more credits it is Fit and Wellness for life. So far it has been pretty interesting. Everyone is worried about the obese people but that is another story.

Hope everyone is well. That is about all the updates for me.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone! Rainy and gloomy here this morning... DIL and I were supposed to go to the farmers market and then fathers day shopping but I am thinking with the rain we need to skip the farmers market lol.

Went out to supper last night with DH - ordered wrong and ended up only eating my salad and my fish and leaving the rest which is ok. It is getting so expensive to eat out and prices seem to be going thru the roof most everywhere... our bill last night was very high, we will not be doing that much more with my inpending end of work coming sooner rather than later, but even so, it is an expense that we can control!

I cancelled my WW membership and DH gym membership - I have not been going to WW but relying on TOPS for my W/I's and DH does not use his gym membership at all - it is time to trim the fat in more ways than one... LOL

Have a great day all!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #14  
Chick

Life4evr, I'm glad you're only up a pound. Getting back to Zumba will definitely help. I need to get back to something. Had been gardening ---very hard work with shovels and everything----not just deadheading a rose here and there. But last couple of days it rained and my interest in actually doing anything dropped. LOL. Lifey, I just noticed your weight loss. You're really doing this! Weigh to go.

Princess, yes----talk about sticker shock. I went to buy my dh cards for Father's DAy. I was in the grocery store and desperately did not want to go to another store. However, the cards I picked up went up to $6! Crazy. I headed to the $ store later in the day and bought him four cards for $2 total.
What I am trying to do when we eat out is to think of my food almost like a substitute for what I would have to pay. Let me explain. If I don't succeed on WW's I may have to buy Jenny CRaig food. Now that's really expensive and as long as I choose well or eat 1/2 portions at restaurants I should be okay. My aim is to stay on track and keep my budget in line. Dh and I almost never go to real restaurants. We'll hit a pizzeria, have Chinese food delivered, or go to the casual dining places (where I make sure to look for their light menu or check out points+ online before we go.) Enough about me.

Smart to check your expenses now. I know the employment situation around USA is miserable.

Everybody have a great weekend!!!!!
Judy
Old 06-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Looks like I have lots of catching up on the posts since I have been away
for PRD Tops Convention from last Wed til Sat night, so I missed my weigh in
The convention was really good, very motivating and uplifting to see all
the "losers" being recognized.

And I have joined a challenge with the ladies I roomed with. It is to
drop 10# by Sept 1st, anyone care to join in?

I skimmed some of the posts and will catch up when I can. But I did see
Judy with a loss, so congrats with that.

Princess - Good luck with any new eating plan you try!

All - hope everyone is losing and staying on track.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote