South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW192 /S 189 /C176.5/G165

Default So dissapointed in myself!

I jut have no clue what my malfunction is. I did so well loosing almost 30 lbs, then gaining about 7 of it back which I was ok with because the lowest was just way too hard to maintain and I was still under my goal. I fell off the wagon and gained another 10 ish back and went back on plan. Then fell again. It was going so well! I was going to the gym regularly but quit because it was really exacerbating my heart condition even with meds. So Here I find myself back on the wagon. I feel awesome when I eat on plan, but I just am severely lacking the motivation to stay on plan. I dont know what my issue is but its frustrating me. I need to be more accountable, I need school to start hahah so I can get back into my me routine!
Gumby007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #2  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Gumby,

Couple questions for ya: How long were you on the wagon and off the wagon at the different times? When you fell off the wagon, what do you think was the root cause (ex: not planning ahead, holidays, vacation, etc)?

Accountability definitely helps - why not post your daily menu on the On Plan thread here every day? As to motivation, there is a great thread that discusses it within the last two weeks or so - lots of good concepts that may help.

Good luck and hope to see you around!
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Height: 5'6

I don't think anything is wrong with you. Lifestyle changes are hard and they don't happen overnight. It is normal to slip up along the way. The key is to keep trying. I've been working on weight loss since January 2010. I met my first goal and got back to my pre pregnancy weight (30lbs lost) and then went up and down like a yo yo ever since. I got back on the wagon last week with SBD and I was 13lbs heavier then I was when I fell off. I think I finally figured out an approach that will work for me but it took many trials and errors to do that. Heck I think I quit smoking a million times before getting the hang of it so why should a major lifestyle change be any different?

Take it one day at a time, learn from your mistakes and move on.
nat4crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Lots of people here are reading the Beck Diet Solution, which is not a diet but a book on helping you stay on your plan using cognitive therapy. I got it from my library but haven't read it yet. It may help you figure out what's going on. I hope to not gain again after I reach my goal, but it's definitely hard. Redoing phase one should give you a jump start on your loss!
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW192 /S 189 /C176.5/G165

hmm I was on the wagon originally for over a year, then the heart thing started up really bad and not being able to work out got me in the dumps and I fell for about 6 months. I am on day 2 of phase two didnt go back to ohase one because I really am not having craving just lacked motivation because I was never all the way off just faltering. I feel good and I plan to try working out again just not as intense I surely feel better when I eat clean!
Gumby007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Height: 5'5"

At least you are asking for help and not just giving up that is a good thing! Keep remembering how far you have come and that you can do this!!
Jenmichele is offline   Reply With Quote