Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/175/145

Height: 5'7

Talking I'm new here!! Love to get some tips & motivation!

Hi everyone. I'm very excited to be a new member here!! So after the birth of my son I was at a weight of 210 pounds. The heaviest I've ever been. I got off my anxiety medicine, and did weight watchers and zumba 2x a week and walked everyday and lost 35 pounds in about 3 months. I got very sick with the flu for about two weeks and ever since than I haven't been able to get motivated or stick to any kind of diet. I've been at 175 pounds for about 3 months. I'm not sure if I've hit a plateau or what is going on!! I'm in a terrible rut that I can't seem to get out of! I will start a diet and workout but cannot commit to it!! Why has this gotten so hard for me, as before all I wanted to do was work out and eat healthy. I still want to lose another 30-40 pounds but can not find the ambition to do this!! Anyone been in a rut like this?? Any help!!! I feel so alone in all this!

Also any good diets to try? I'm so bored with weight watchers and am tired of counting points!!

Thanks so much, and am excited to be apart of this, and start my new journey!!
Jacobis mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC!

I love my low carb diet! It seems to be the only thing that works for me. Also I think I could actually stick to it long term. Sounds like you know what to do you just need to get motivated to do it! I sure hope you can find the motivation and support that you need here. I know I do. Go to the goals and mini goals forums...helps me to see real people like me who REALLY do it!
Good luck!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Congrats on the work you've done so far =)

Any plan that you try is going to require commitment. You don't necessarily have to be "hardcore" about a plan, but if aren't going to stick to it like glue, then you have to adjust your expectations.

For example, you've been exercising here and there and semi-watching your food (as it seems from your posts) and so you've been able to maintain. This is actually a pretty good thing. Maintaining is a success.

Now you simply want to start to lose a few more pounds.

If you're bored, switch things up. You can try counting calories (free), you can read a few books on different ideas about food and try to implement them into your life and shopping list, you can sign up for a new workout class at a local gym, you can ask a friend to take a daily walk with you.

What's keeping you from committing? Do you put it off until later? Schedule it in. Do other people drag you away from what you're doing? Tell them they'll have to wait, this time is your time for yourself. Are you not accountable? Tell a friend so they'll ask you about it later.

I'm a big fan of Weight Watchers (having lost over 100lbs on the program before), and found that there were a number of ways to switch things up while still vigilantly keeping track of my food intake. But, the program certainly isn't for everyone.

You have to find a plan, or make changes that make sense in YOUR life. You don't even have to use a specific "diet" so much as formulate an idea for changes that you want, and then start acting on those changes.

You can definitely find something that works. Keep your eyes open, and focus on what you know you can do for now.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/175/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the replys @lovely my problem with staying committed is defiantly putting things off as well as the constant stress vie had in my life lately, I'm a single mom with no family to help, and my ex is on a deployment. It's hard for me to get motivated when I'm so stressed and tired! I have been maintaining but I want to lose these last 20 pounds! Any ideas on how to just suck it up with all the stress I have ?
Jacobis mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobis mommy View Post
Any ideas on how to just suck it up with all the stress I have ?
Yes. Recognize that stress is an excuse. I don't know how you're eating now but it must not be too bad since you haven't regained.

As for other diets you can try I would suggest Atkins or strict Paleo. Those are the only two diets I know of that work well without counting calories.

Regarding stress - I believe in the following philosophy.

Do you have problems you can't control? Why worry about things you can't control.

Do you have problems you can control? Why worry about controlable problems.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobis mommy View Post
@lovely my problem with staying committed is defiantly putting things off as well as the constant stress vie had in my life lately, I'm a single mom with no family to help, and my ex is on a deployment. It's hard for me to get motivated when I'm so stressed and tired! I have been maintaining but I want to lose these last 20 pounds! Any ideas on how to just suck it up with all the stress I have ?
I'd echo at least part of what JohnP said.

Don't use stress as an excuse any longer. You know what's actually great for relieving stress? Exercise! Probably the last thing you want to hear, but it's so true! But, you have to actually exercise to feel just how true it is.

You've recognized that's where your pitfall is. Perfect. Now you brainstorm your way out of it. I'm not saying it's easy to start, and it might take a few times for it to actually start catching on. An example might be something as simple as... you're stressed, you're heading to the fridge... the second you catch yourself, head out of the kitchen and tell yourself you can have something after you get back from a 10 minute walk around the block -if- you still feel like eating something. You might find after a few minutes that you don't really want the food, you just wanted to get rid of the stress.

There are ton of activities you can do to get your mind OFF of the things that are stressing you. Also, even something like stretching or yoga is good for quieting the mind and teaching us to deal with stress.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #7  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

WELCOME TO 3FC!!!! i would say lots'o water =) i practice the 80% rule. just when you start to feel hungry, stop eating so that way you dont overdo it. its hard to recognize at first. usually for me if i have to stop and take a breath then i know i need to stop. and john you are amazing!!! <3
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote