Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/20 - 6/26

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-26-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

my goal/hope for last week was to be in the 100s. Oh well - I'm heavier this week than last. I also said I would be on point with food and exercise. With food, yes I was. With exercise - I think this was my lightest week in 6 months - this end of the school year craziness really hit, but I do plan to get right back at it this week. Starting with tomorrow at 9:30 am a Zumba class.

I'm not going to hope for onederland this week as by now, I'm too far from it for it to be realistic.

Not down about it, just realizing sometimes things don't work out as you like them!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Berry You may get there sooner than you are thinking. You probably have a lot of water weight on you. Once you start dropping that, Onederland will be yours!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

I am going to jump in here!

My name is Abby, I just turned 22, I am married and have a 14 week old son. I started my weight loss journey again as soon as we left the hospital with landon. Weighing 333, I was at 276.5 on june 15. I only weigh in once every 2 weeks. I am currently breastfeeding so im not on a specific plan.

-I drink a lot of water and I try not to eat anything that doesnt have some sort of nutrition in it. No white bread, pastas, junk food. I try to snack on fruits and veggies in between meals. I have been lurking on the calorie count thread lately and I am getting tempted to start trying to track all my calories. My only issue is at the weight that I am and with breastfeeding every site I have looked at says I should be at at least 2000 calories...eek! I know I dont ever eat that much. I also have pcos, so maybe that has something to do with it but if I ate 2000 calories a day even with bf I would definately be either maintaining or gaining. Anywho I thought this would be a great place to start being accountable. Sorry this is so long.

breakfast: 1 cup of fresh spinach wilted in 1 tsp light olive oil mixed together with one egg and salsa on the top.And 2 tangelos
lunch: ( we went over to my parents for fathers day lunch so I ate more than I would have at home but still did better than I would have even a month ago) cut up carne asada, half a bag of lettuce, guacamole, and salsa. I didnt use sour cream, cheese, or wrap it all up in a tortilla! A sliver of coconut cream pie.
dinner: all beef hot dog with no bun, hamburger with pepperjack cheese, pickles, mustard and ketchup wrapped in lettuce.
dessert: 1 slice leftover homemade german chocolate birthday cake. ( threw the rest of the cake out afterwards )

Again, sorry it was so long just wanted to give a bit of a back story!

Last edited by abbysue715; 06-19-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

abbysue715 Hi and Welcome! It's great to have you join us.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Welcome abbysue!
My weekend was good. But my eating was horrid. AWW! What a bad weekend. I hate this constant battle. Why can't it be easier? (in a crabby mood [clearly] about it). At least I worked out and drank ALOT of water. I am not going to keep up bad habits. I will change them. I will be better and back on tomorrow. Still, I am so disappointed.

I hope everyone else had a great and successful weekend!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #7  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, sorry to disappear for a few days. Last week I had a great on plan week, until the weekend hit. DH and I had a date night (first in forever!) and though my meal was on target, I did get dessert and a glass of wine, which put me over. Saturday I was doing well until my friend brought over peanut butter balls. Those peanut butter balls have proven to be my downfall! Luckily they are gone, so now back on track for me. Weigh in this morning at 168.

I've also not been getting the exercise I need, so my goal this week is 4 days at the gym. Wish me luck!

Back later for personals!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

The temps are supposed to be crazy here this week. Yesterday was 100*. Today is supposed to be 101* with a heat index of 115*. That is in the shade! The weather people say to add 10*-15* if you are going to be in the sun. That's awful!

Weigh In: 145.8
Down: 1 pound
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone.

I'm holding at 153,so no weightloss last week. I attribute this to me eating cupcakes, icecream, chips and dip over the weekend and not really drinking my Saturday and Sunday.

We went to the park Saturday and I did about an hour of walking which was nice. No weight gain considering all my indulgences. This weekend is the wedding I was preparing for. In total since the start I've lost 10 pounds since May9. I wouldn've thought more but with the travel for a week and not excercising for 2 I can see where I could've lost but didn't. I'm okay with my journey because I'm eating better which is the main thing.

Goodluck to everyone this week!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #10  
Melissa

And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I added another .6 pounds.

My slip on sandals/slipper shoes which are loose are causing indents. I am holding so much water and ovulation isn't even here yet, so it 'could' get worse!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #11  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I added another .6 pounds.
Look down and make sure you aren't holding your french horn
(seriously nice pic)
Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mornin'!

I held on to onderland for 4 days, but this morning's weigh-in was 200.6. Two factors in this: I don't know what happened to me yesterday, but I didn't track calories. I don't know why, but I didn't. I didn't have any big meals, but I did do a good bit of grazing. There was movie popcorn. The fact is, I'll never know how bad it was because I didn't track. Back at it today.

The other factor is TOM is due to hit later on this week and I think there's some retaining going on.

I went shopping with my mom on Saturday and it was a mixed bag. I had a mental shopping list of things I needed for work, and I mostly struck out on that front. I couldn't even find t-shirts I was happy with, and I'm sure many of you can relate to how discouraging it is to spend a day trying on clothes that just don't work. I did find one pair of capri's that aren't perfect but will work, and were $9 at a Talbot outlet store. Should be able to make them work through the summer.

I did have success in the non-work clothing realm. The Talbot store was right near, a Fleet Feet, a running shoe store where they actually know about shoes and have a process to fit you into the right type of shoe. I got some new running shoes. I have very problematic feet, so this is more of a victory than you might think. I haven't really tried them yet, as I want to use them on the treadmill in case they don't end up feeling right under actual use. Plans for that later today.

My other exciting find were these trekking pants from L.L. Bean. We hike and what to wear while hiking is always a problem for me, especially in summer. These seem perfect. Really, I'm absurdly excited about them. I did debate a bit with myself because I don't want to be this size for long. But these do have a draw-string, so I'm hopeful I can make them work for a while.

This brings me to an NSV. I shopped at L.L. Bean! They don't carry plus sizes in their retail stores. Their misses sizing goes up to 20, so it's a bit of cheat, but I'll take it. Most of the size 20 pants I tried on there fit me, although they didn't always suit me, and I didn't get any besides the hiking pants. I didn't have as much luck with their shirts, which only went up to XL and didn't fit my hips.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #13  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
Look down and make sure you aren't holding your french horn
(seriously nice pic)
LOL no French Horn, though by now that would make up for it. Geez!

That pic was from when I was 19 - so VERY long ago. I played through college and now play for fun. Might join up with a municipal band one of these days.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #14  
Melissa

Notice I'm here and not at a Zumba class - My mother in law informs me that she's taking the car in for an appt. and might need a ride home if it's going to be too long. I'm even in my workout clothes and shoes!!!! I guess it's walking around the lake again today. Though it's drizzly. This is not improving my mood any (but exercising probably will).

UGH!!! And my mother in law is back with the car and it's not fixed as they have a couple mechanics out and hers is not emergency and asked her to come back tomorrow. It IS a conspiracy to keep me away from Zumba!!!

OK, there is a Zumba class again tonight at 5:30 and 7:30 pm. I can do the 7:30 pm. I will not let people derail me!!! Maybe I'll go shopping for better shoes for Zumba in the meantime (I'm really worried about my knees in running shoes and all that traction - even for my aerobics at home - I need better shoes for aerobics - different sports - different needs).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-20-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #15  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All,
I woke up thinking that I might have gained a little since I didn't work out yesterday (it was my one day off), but I was down yet again. Sunday I was 253 even and today I am 251.4! Awesome. I guess counting calories is the real key. I had thought I would only lose 1lbs with all the things against me, but biking like a maniac is working. I also thought my husband would have a hard time with this, but he really surprised me. He has been a "feeder" for as long as I've known him. It's his thing. And usually when I say I'm trying to eat better he says OK but doesn't really feed me better things. We are also restaurant goer (but have cut down do to expense). He asked if I wanted to go out for Father's Day and I said sure (thinking I could get oatmeal just about anywhere) but then he came back and said nah instead he could cook and that way we'd know how many calories I was getting. Ahhh, I love him. He took me out Saturday to a rock contest. I haven't been out in a very long time (at least 9 years). I don't drink and crowds can trigger my anxiety. It's been suggested I don't go to loud crowded places as it might trigger me into a manic episode. But I had a good time. When my husband went closer to watch the bands he left me on a bench against a wall (which is super important) a guy would come and chit chat with me. It was funny. As soon as DH was gone this guy would appear. This happened like three times. Also DH said he was glad I was taking this exercising and proper eating seriously and he hoped I would continue as it does help with Bipolar Disorder or so they say
Anyway, that was super long...sorry. I guess my goal is the same for this week. I will work out 6 days and eat properly. Today is last day of school so the kids and I should go check out a trail somewhere in New Haven. I hope you all have a good day.
abby welcome and congrats on baby. If you can't meet you 2000 calorie intake do your best and continue to eat properly you're doing great. As baby gets bigger you will want to eat on the fly somtimes, so try to plan ahead for meals and snacks. I've heard while breastfeeding you will drop weight, I didn't but it could have been I was very sedimentary. So keep moving Enjoy baby.
Closed Thread