General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226.8 /ticker/150

Height: 63.5

Default My boyfriend left...

My boyfriend left on Wednesday-he moved over 800 miles away and I miss him terribly. I miss his scent already. However, I am doing my happy dance today , because I have not over eaten or binged to help me deal with his departure. Normally I would eat and eat and eat to make myself feel better. Not this time. I am so thankful for the love, support and advice that I find here on 3fc!!
lilmomma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #2  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

awe =( My boyfriend lives 700 miles away so I get it. He just visited last weekend, and I miss his scent =(((

you'll get through it.. any plans on moving with him?
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Last year, my boyfriend moved 400 miles away to take a job for 3 months. i lost TWENTY pounds!!! when he moved back, i gained back every ounce :-(

i know it hurts, and i know how hard it is TRUST ME...but use this time for YOU. find YOU again...take care and concentrate on YOU. for once you can work out as much as you want and not have to worry about finding time for him. you can cook less food and not worry if it's meals he would like...and just think how great you will look when you DO see him again!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeluver67 View Post
i know it hurts, and i know how hard it is TRUST ME...but use this time for YOU. find YOU again...take care and concentrate on YOU. for once you can work out as much as you want and not have to worry about finding time for him. you can cook less food and not worry if it's meals he would like...and just think how great you will look when you DO see him again!

^^^^^^ This^^^^^^

Keep your head up, and congratulations on not resorting to food for comfort!
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

It's difficult, but you're doing so well by taking care of yourself and not using food to work through emotions. You deserve to be proud!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.8 /ticker/150

Height: 63.5

No plans to move yet.....but I can't imagine life without him! Thank u all for the encouragement 3fc!!!
lilmomma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/204/160

Great to hear and congrats.
Always nice to hear stories like this.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope you get reunited soon
hhaffner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

[QUOTE=shoeluver67;3897042]Last year, my boyfriend moved 400 miles away to take a job for 3 months. i lost TWENTY pounds!!! when he moved back, i gained back every ounce :-( QUOTE]

That doesn't sound like a good thing. Some relationships aren't healthy for weightloss and eating right. Why did you gain the weight back when he got back? Does he have bad eating habits that you share when you are together? Maybe you should try to get him involved and supprotive of your weightloss, especially if he has some to lose too. You might be sabotaging your weightloss - don't let that happen!
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

He is in OUTSTANDING shape...and is supportive of me. unfortunately, when he came back, i went back to both eating and cooking dinner. which before he moved in i rarely ate...then when he moved i went back to that habit. i have a completely sedentary job where i straight SIT for 12 solid hours a day, AND (and this is probably the biggest factor) i also went back to making HIM my priority and NOT me, which i am working on. Also, in his defense, i gave up ALL alcohol for 3 solid months, no more happy hours...even wine....not a drop, so i think that aided in the weight loss significantly too.
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote