General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Default Taking the plunge -- my first blind date in over 5 years!

OK, so, a little while back I posted about getting back into the dating game and was hoping I'd have success with some sort of meet cute scenario where I bump heads with a guy in a bookstore (Exotic Destinations section, of course) and we fall madly in love and run off to the carribean. Yeah, well.....

I joined an online dating site instead and my first date is set up for this afternoon at 2pm EST. I tell you this because I want you all to send me good vibes! LOL

I was feeling fine up until about 10 minutes ago. Now my stomach is in knots from nerves!!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #2  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

o wow! Congrats! I've never been on a blind date! I'm sure everything will be fine! Keep us posted
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #3  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i went out on a date with a guy from a dating site a couple years ago...

he's currently puttering around the kitchen unloading the dishwasher.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
OK, so, a little while back I posted about getting back into the dating game and was hoping I'd have success with some sort of meet cute scenario where I bump heads with a guy in a bookstore (Exotic Destinations section, of course) and we fall madly in love and run off to the carribean. Yeah, well.....

I joined an online dating site instead and my first date is set up for this afternoon at 2pm EST. I tell you this because I want you all to send me good vibes! LOL

I was feeling fine up until about 10 minutes ago. Now my stomach is in knots from nerves!!
Hey Shan!

Kudos to you for taking the plunge back into the dating pool! I am proud of you! I haven't been on a date in over five years, and have kinda sworn off men, but lately, even I am starting to reconsider. When I get as skinny as you, I may give it a go!!! Keep me posted as to how it went. Stay in a public place for safety. Have fun, and be yourself...if he doesn't like you, it's his loss!!! I live about an hour east of you on the middle peninsula (Middlesex Co.) Small world! Not many dating prospects around hear; huge farm boy-men in ill-fitting overalls. Yuck! May have to check out Richond one day soon... was born there at St. Mary's Hospital, and attended VCU, so I know the area well. Good luck today, and thanks for being brave and also for sharing your fears and dreams with all of us! Just be you, and you will shine!!!

Sidanne
( I'm new, and can't get enuf of the Dancing Carrot King!)
sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #5  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

Congratulations - You can do this - Have fun!!!
SeeImTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Smile And what dating site wuz that?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed View Post
i went out on a date with a guy from a dating site a couple years ago...

he's currently puttering around the kitchen unloading the dishwasher.
Hey! Gizzy dizzy over your last post....what dating site wuz that? I want one of those! I hear that 1 in 5 meet their future spouses online these days. Would love to know about the divorce rate of those couples! I tried a site with the initials EH several years ago, but ended up meeting more wackos than wonderfuls. Some were really scary! But I guess no scarier than the "real world!" Thanx for sharing your successful encounter -- you're an inpiration to those of us who are still single and lonely, yet hopeful!

Sidanne

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #7  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good luck and just enjoy it for what it is - a chance to meet someone who has similar interests and is interested in learning about YOU, too!

I, too, met someone online a couple of years ago (eH) and we're happily married and it was a great experience. Good luck!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #8  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I hope you have a great time! Good vibes to you.
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Hurray! Have a great time
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #10  
At it again

Good for you for just taking the plunge! I imagine once this first date is over, the rest will come a bit easier. Hope you have fun. As nationalparker said, if nothing else, you had the opportunity to meet someone new.
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #11  
Reluctant Adult

ShanIAm, enjoy the heck out of it!

I, too, met the man of my dreams online (although not on a dating site). It HAPPENS, and it happens a lot!!

Just remember, ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs... so whatever happens, enjoy the experience and just let it unfold. Can't wait to hear how it all went!!

Best, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Enjoy it!! And report back!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I have been wondering about you! True story! I remember your post a bit back, and I am glad you are taking the punge. Your date is already happening right now, so I hope that it is going awesome!

I met my guy online too! He is waiting for me at home right now, while I work.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #14  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

OK gals -- I got home a little while ago from my first blind date in a LONG time. We got along really well. His birthday is tomorrow so I made him a mixed CD and bought him a bag of his favorite candy. We went to a place that has one of those bar trivia games and we had fun doing that. But as first dates usually go, there is always a lot to chat about. But of all the things he told me about himself the bestest of all is that he is a low carb eater....like me. He is very height and weight proportionate but I love that he has the same way of eating as I do. Our date lasted almost 2 hours and he walked me to my car. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug and we went our separate ways. I left not knowing how it went from his perspective. There were a few moments during our date where he rubbed my back and I touched his arm but you can just never read too much into that. For me, I knew I wanted to see him again but wasn't sure about him. Well, that was until he told me via text that he bought a couple steaks on his way home for dinner tomorrow and asked if one of them was mine. I accepted so me and a bottle of red wine will be heading to his house tomorrow for dinner. He called me beautiful, sassy and smart. Awww! *giggles* And I told him he defintely exceeded my expectations....which he did.

I'm very excited! My first date went SO well. I have quite an awesome batting average so far.

BUT, there is one more guy in the pipeline that I am interested in meeting. Still in the chatting stage but a date is forthcoming I hope.

Thank you guys for your virtual vibes. They worked!

Last edited by ShanIAm; 06-18-2011 at 05:34 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad to hear it went so well!!!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote