Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Default Encouragement needed

I need some encouragement today. I am really tired and down today. As I was getting ready for work I kept looking at the bat wings on my arms and thought, I am never going to get this to go away. I do some weight exercising on my arms and I know miracles will not happen over night but sheesh they look awful.
I have my running class tonight and although I have completed the training schedule this week, I am worried about being the last in the group. Last week I could not finish the run and had to walk in and yes, I was the last in my group to finish.
I am trying to quit smoking because I really, really want to run more than I want to smoke, plus I want to live a healthier lifestyle but I am tired and really down today. Please kick me in the butt and tell me to get over it. I need help.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Consider yourself kicked in the butt. Now get over it !! You can do it !!
Congratulations on the 24 pounds you have lost, that is great.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

You can do it You can do it You can do it!

First. Last. It doesn't matter. What matters is that you're there, and you're DOING it.

You are doing THIS. Today. Right now. It's not always easy, but you're doing it anyways. And that's how the battle is won!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Keep going!! You're doing awesome so far! Just remember how good it feels when youre done working out (last or not!) and how bad it feels to not eat well and not work out! Even women that are 110lbs see flaws in their bodies, so try not to get hung up on your arms! Think about how heavy carrying an extra 24lbs felt! Good luck!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

@bargo - Thanks for the kick in the butt!

@Lovely - Thank you for the cheerleaders and words of encouragement. I need them today.

@Dchick - Thanks for saying I am doing awesome. Today is just one of those days I'm not feeling it. Thank you reminding me I am doing well.

On a side note, over the weekend I went through my stash of skinner clothes and took out some 16's. I put them in my closet, thinking sometime this summer I will be able to get into them. Well, I put on a pair of capries this morning and it was not until I went to the restroom at work that I looked at the tag and realized that I am actually wearing the 16's. When I started 20's were tight but today I am wearing a 16. My smile for the day.

Thank you all for your support! I could not do this without all of you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hurray for smaller pants sizes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Glad you are feeling better. I agree that it doesn't matter if you are last. You are out there. I am just now starting to run, and I'll admit, I'm doing it because I want to "tone up". My stomach and inner thighs are the problem areas for me. I've always HATED to run, even though I was an athlete in high school (swimming and volleyball). I'd always get a bad pain in my side and have to stop.

DH and I got a treadmill, and now I can do 30 minutes! Yes, I only go at 4.5, and once I get to 5, I feel like I'm gonna die! Well, DH used to run track, and that man smokes me, and I'll never be able to do what he does on the treadmill. But I can improve me. That is what you need to do. Push yourself to do better than the last time, who cares if you are last. Keep going! The fact that you can actually run while being a smoker astounds me! Imagine how much better you'll be once you stop. I know you can do it!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #8  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I can relate so much! I tell myself that when I start that picking at myself and focusing on what's wrong, that I am simply being negative and self pitying (works some of the time).
In an effort to remain positive and focused and realistic I started videoing myself and am now finding other things to keep in my mind, maybe that will help you too too?
It's a long, hard journey, otherwise there wouldn't even be this site, be kind to yourself, you can do this!
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

You're doing great! We all wake up and feel like that sometimes It's just a part of the process. I am always super self-conscious about group anythings, which is why I so often quit them before I have a chance to improve. It’s wonderful you just keep going! And losing pant sizes is SUCH a great feeling, isn’t it? I love shopping in my own closet – finding things that I can fit into again! Hopefully your day is getting better!
uwfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #10  
I think I can...

You're doing great! Who cares if you were last or ran, walked or crawled in you made it!! Think of where you were when you started and look at you now. (Butt kicking completed) Get out there and reach those goals.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I run, too. And I'm never first. I'm usually one of the last few people. I have grown to accept that and be okay with it, because perfection is not attainable. The important thing is that I'm doing it, giving my best. I think you're doing great. I think the main thing is to keep doing it and find reasons (not including weight loss) that keep you going. For me, it's the energy rush. It works every time. I know you'll get there!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hi there...

Just wanted to say, I've been there. Actually my own stats were not that far from yours. I still struggle a lot with food. (Hit my goal then bounced upwards, lose some, gain some back). I know it will always be a battle. But I look at it like this...I can struggle with remaining slimmer or I can be really sad at gaining it all back and being heavy. The struggle to be slimmer seems like the better option. At my highest weights, I was so sad, so ashamed, and so down on myself.

I must tell you that it IS possible to do this, and I never believed I could have. The difference from where I was then and where I am now is night and day. I'm not perfect, and I never will be. But I feel so much better today. It's hard, but keep on pluggin' along. It's worth it, and you are worth it!

Wishing you all the best!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/193/140

Height: 5'5"

(kick) Get over it...did that help? ;-)
I am just 8 weeks into this journey of a new, healthier, slimmer me, and it is a struggle to say the least as we all know. Have been at a weight loss stall for the past 3 weeks, and it is so discouraging.
I think you have obviously done very well. A 24 lb weight loss is nothing to sneeze at, and you run? I am impressed! I also am a smoker(plan on quitting next Monday). I walk on my treadmill, and have not entertained the thought of running until recently. Now I want to do the couch to 5k, but know there is noway I can do that as a smoker, and like you I want this more then smoking. It's time for me to take control of that just like I have in other areas of my life. Today while doing my walk I decided to run very slowly for 30 seconds to see how bad it was for me, and it was bad. I did it, but OMGosh!
I guess all my babbling is just me trying to say...chin up, and who cares if your last in the group! The fact that your out there doing it is amazing to me. Kudos to you!
Agape123 is offline   Reply With Quote