South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat-Wednesday June 15

Good Morning

I'm up and at 'em early today. We're quickly approaching our date for leaving here for 2 weeks and I have lots of niggles, not to mention trying to get to a certain point with the painting project. I've already finished a mending project for DH and I have some paperwork to charge through. I think we're leaving Monday morning. I've already crossed my #1 least favorite yard project off so things are looking good.

What's everyone up to? Stop by and chat I hear there's a lunar eclipse tonight. Anyone have info?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
I was up ALL night last night peeing and this morning I had lost 2.2 lbs since yesterday. Retaining water much before starting Phase 1 again??? Staying on plan food wise has been easy but avoiding wine a struggle. The situation with my parents is SO frustrating that all I want to do is run to the wine after work, not to mention we pass my favorite wine store on the way home from my son's after school program. But I resisted! We were supposed to go up there this weekend, but they cancelled because apparently we cannot stay in their house with them any more because it is too disruptive for my mom (understandable) yet they will not contribute to a hotel for us because they "have been spending so much money lately." (questionable). So I'm left feeling guilty somehow that I didn't make it work! ARgggggg.

Work is ok - I got a bit accomplished yesterday and today feel motivated to do more. AF is definitely on her way...my b***bs really hurt (more water?) I've started reading the Beck book and feel it can help me in many ways... not just food.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:27 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Matilda, congrats on such a successful P1! You knew it's what you needed! *ouch* on the parents thing. You did your best...I hope you can let go of the guilt. I do find Beck helps me with some of the other life stuff.

I finished paperwork...I'm going to see if I can "fly" through a couple of rooms and get reorganized. Painting starts at 7 before it gets too hot.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Yes, Debbie, there is a lunar eclipse tonight but you have to be in India to see it. If we left now ....

Matilda, congrats on the 2.2 pounds. That must feel good, especially with AF's pending arrival.

I survived the meeting last night with flying colours. Crosspatch was there and got shot down by two members. The issue was raising the membership fees and we had full support from everyone except for her. I tried not to smile.

Wendy, my pro gardener, comes today to do my foundation plantings and I will try hard not to work along with her. She's a dynamo who runs rather than walks to and fro and I certainly can't keep up with her. She's worth every cent of her $28 an hour since she accomplishes in an hour what would take me a week. I have a Book Club luncheon at noon and know I'll come home to a finished job. (When the men and machines did their thing two years ago, my house lost her "skirt" of hydrangeas and looks naked.)

Hey! Local strawberries have arrived and are absolutely gorgeous. They are huge but very tasty - three is enough sliced on my Fibre One. I may put some in my salad tonight with some balsamic vinegar.

Time to get into the gardening duds and at least look like I'm ready to work when Wendy arrives. I need to pick some lettuce from the raised bed as well. I was told by a market gardener to always pick lettuce before 9 a.m. when it's at peak.

I hope your day is full of good things like strawberries and the scent of mock orange.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Today's a very special day in our family since it's my granddaughter's 21st birthday. I'm looking forward to celebrating it in style with her when she moves back home from Texas at the end of this month.

Deb - I hope today is a good painting day and you get it all finished! How's Kirk's ankle doing?

Matilda - Sorry you were up all night. I've been spending a lot of time in the bathroom, too, since I'm making an extra effort to drink more water. I do hope the situation with your parents improves very soon.

Ruth - you had to mention strawberries, didn't you? Have an extra helping for me, please! I'm really missing my fruit on Phase 1. What kind of plantings are going in your new foundation garden? It's a shame all those gorgeous hydrangeas had to come out, but I hope Wendy has something just as nice in mind.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies - school is out for the year so theoretically at least I'm now a 'lady of leisure'. Fergie and I are finally going to get the rest of the garden in today. It's been so cold and wet that I don't feel badly at all about waiting til school was out.

Phase 1 for me starting this morning. I'm not so worried about losing weight but I have GOT to get my eating back under control. I've had so many fun times and celebrations the past 2 weeks that I can hardly remember what it's like to stay on plan.

Matilda, congratulations on your terrific phase 1 success!

Debbie, you always get so much done so early in the morning, I love to read your posts. (I've been loving checking out your ticker lately too. *thumbsup*)

Ruth, I'm glad things went well despite 'crosspatch' yesterday. I thought of you at noontime when I was meeting with my "Negative Nellie" (a parent) for the LAST time. (To be fair, she's a great mother and I've really enjoyed her child. It's been a long year though because she knew so much more about how I should run my classroom than I did. ) I'll be anxious to hear how things look when Wendy finishes today!

to Cyndi, Linda, Karen and the rest of you who haven't checked in yet.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning Linda!
Happy birthday to Caitlin! (I think I may have spelled her name wrong -but good wishes are heartfelt anyway. )
Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Lexiss - travel safe and enjoy the views!

Matilda - wow, that's a lot of water! I understand on the parent situation (kinda)...my mom basically disowned me monday. But I have had NO wine, chocolate OR strawberries (thanks, ruth!). Prayers for you, it's a rough time.

Ruth - sounds like I could use a Wendy!! I'm with Cottage, did you have to mention nice, ripe strawberries?

Cottage - Happy Birthday, DGD!!! Glad you did so well yesterday with the ice cream. I'm surprised at how easy phase I is this time.

I also got up in the middle of the night, but took 1 1/2 hours to fall back asleep! I hate when that happens! Might have to have an extra cup of coffee!

Have a great day!

Heidi - you snuck in! YAY....someone else joining in on phase I. I'm glad I'm finally doing it....

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-15-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I had a much better night last night so am feeling much less tired and cranky today. I wake up a lot but if I can get back to sleep that's still much better.

Debbie - Wow, just reading about the days you and Ruth plan tires me out How smart to get the least favorite project done first. Hope the weather cooperates with your niggle list.

Matilda - I'm sorry things are so challenging with your parents right now. I can't remember if you have a caregiver support group to talk to?
Is your son counting the minutes to the end of school?

Ruth - The strawberries are just starting here too. I'm looking forward to pick your own. Last year I dried and froze but I think this year I will just freeze.
Can't wait to see pictures of the new beds!

Cottage - Wow, 21 already! Is she coming home to stay or just for a few months? I know you've really missed her.
I am with you on the berries. Part of my motivation to get this thing done right is to be able to eat berries as soon as pick your own starts and I have a day off (maybe a week from Friday?).

Late night today with a meeting in the closer section of my turf. It won't be too bad and I should be safely home by 9:30 rather than the 10:30 on the other end.

The pollen count is going back up but we are hoping that DW is past the worst part of her newly developed allergies. It's been a really tough stretch.

I was so excited to find more asparagus yesterday. Every day I expect it to be done so am always happy to find more. I'm sure they think I'm odd buying 2-3 lbs at a time I just toss it all on the grill and we eat it for the week. DW loves it with eggs in the morning.

Off to plan the day and get stuff done

ETA - good morning Heidi and Twynn

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-15-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #10  

Looks like we're all up and at 'em this morning!

Twynn ~ I'm glad to hear that you're finding Phase 1 easy, too. It's not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated this time around. Have a great day!

Heidi ~ This is the time of year that I envy all of you teachers. If I had to do it all over again, I would have loved to be an early education teacher. At least I have the next-best job. Thanks for the birthday wishes for Caitlyn. I'll pass them on to her.

Cyndi ~ I'm glad you had a better night last night! Caitlyn is moving back home to stay, I'm thrilled to say! She really enjoyed Texas and getting to know her grandparents there, but she didn't like the weather and really missed home, and especially her little sister. I'm overjoyed, as I've missed her so much!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry to have mentioned STRAWBERRIES to the poor suffering Phase I folk. I promise not to do it again ... more than once a day!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #12  

Thank you, Ruth!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Back...I knew you'd all start popping up by the time I attended to a few more niggles.

Ruth, thx for the moon update...let's pass on the trip today.lol Great to hear the meeting went so well. I absolutely LOVE it when others back up my point of view and it's not just me VS __________! I wish Wendy were available here….I'm sure your results will be stunning!

Linda, Happy Birthday to DGD! Glad to hear she'll be coming home later this month!

Heidi, I understand the "theory" behind lady of leisure. Also know it never happens, but that's ok, I tend to eat when I'm bored. Gardens got planted later here, too. I am working at that ticker…1 notch at a time!

Twynn, sorry about your mom's latest….I know you have continuing "situations" with her. Me, too. Glad you were entrenched in P1 success and didn't "drink" or eat over it.

Cyndi, glad you got some rest last night. Weather...so far so good. Take care as you end your work day so late. At least it is closer to home.

and from yesterday….

sophie, hope your sciatica is better soon and congrats to DS!

FurnaceofAchievement, I did try a bit of a guilt trip with DH yesterday...it didn't work. Usually, he's pretty good about stuff. Good luck today as you prepare for your horse trials.

bea, always nice to hear from you!

I must admit that a part of me really wishes I was in on the Phase1 with you gals, but........it is my favorite 3 weeks of the entire year because we have Colorado grown
BING CHERRIES
One might guess they are my favorite, since I have a dog named Bing! Like Ruth, I promise not to mention it more than once a day!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - Thanks for the explanation yesterday; I never remember. You should add it to your bio for us

Matilda - Love when I pee at night for that very reason! (I wrote a blog post not long ago about my "pee-o-meter." Kudos to resisting the wine.

Ruth - I never heard of a pro gardener. Smart. I'm loving summer berries too, mostly the blue ones. Yum.

Linda - Awesome job resisting your nemesis.

Heidi - Seems to be a lot of PH1 reruns going around. Hope it nips the cravings in the bud in no time.

Twynn - Or a nap?

Cyndi - Hmm, seems we have asparagus year-round here now. Yours must be fresh and mine probably comes from someplace I'd rather not know!

Okay...piping in on the fruit front. I'm still overeating blueberries when I have them. I won't dare buy bing cherries. Those have been my downfall too many summers in the past! This time of year is tough for me. Funny how fruit is now the big temptation instead of junk food. I guess that's major progress

Off the the gym with mom early today; our trainer then heads on vacation for 10 days so I'll need to find motivation to do it without them for a while. And still haven't been back on the bike since mid-May!

Must add... I do so enjoy spending my mornings with you lovely ladies. You always make me start my day with a smile.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth and Debbie you crack me up with your fruit fonts lol.

A big to all that need it at this time. Sorry don't have time to reply to all, too busy at work but did want to stop in.

I gained two lbs when I was gone for the week, so working on taking that off and keep on going. Doing Phase 2 though because I am not having huge sugar cravings at all. So I am eating lovely fruits as well I still need to read all the posts to get caught up.

Make it a great day everyone.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-15-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Closed Thread