South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Chat-Tuesday, June 14

Good Morning

I'm going to grab coffee....I'll be right back! Mmm...much better!

I'm feeling rested after our quick trip over the hill. It was a good thing we went...the timer for our tomatoes and cucumbers wasn't functioning and I installed a new one. I'm still hoping this long distance plan is going to work out. It's painting day and DH has a sprained ankle. It looks like I'm going to go solo today. I could think of lots of other things to do but this project needs to progress. We were hoping to head over to garden country for two weeks starting Sunday.

What's everyone up to today? Stop by and say hello

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-14-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Lexxiss! You're up even earlier than I am!

I think my day today will be filled by packing! The packers are coming tomorrow (and the movers the following day) so I'd like to save as much $$$ as possible and pack what I can on my own!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Debbie, I'm sorry about Kirk's ankle - I hope he heals up quickly. Good for you getting the painting done anyway.

Shelflife, welcome back from your trip and good luck with all the packing today.

I'll be spending my day packing too, but not at home. It's finally the last day of school. The kids leave at noon and I'll spend the afternoon cleaning and packing up my classroom. They'll be painting this summer so I'm boxing up just about everything. Big job but not as big as trying to get rid of paint spatters would be!

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Wow, everyone has such a busy day planned! I have a couple of things I need to take care of at work, but it's very slow still, and so tempting to just be on line a lot. When I do that, though, my motivation seems to decrease even further! School is winding down for my son, and I am looking forward to camp starting. I'll lose my sitter then, and my schedule at work will shift slightly which means I'll have to get up about half an hour earlier to fit in my computer time and exercise. I'm going to make some changes in my exercise plan too, just to shake things up a bit! Since I won't have my sitter, I'll have to be pretty organized about food shopping and errands too. It will be trial and error for a bit.

Stayed on the Phase 1 plan yesterday, and dropped 1.2 lbs. of water weight overnight. AF is coming, and should appear before my Phase 1 is over which will be interesting, weight wise. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 06-14-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Bad night for insomnia so I'm kind of a zombie this morning. I hope lots of coffee and a good breakfast will do the trick. I'm heading over the mountains for the day. Hope the rain is about done.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:31 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Shelflife, I know you've finished school. Where are you headed?

Heidi, yay for your last day of school!

Matilda, I hope your day goes smoothly. I hate when work is slow.

Cyndi, ouch for insomnia. I hope your day passes quickly. Safe driving!

I'm trying to send a monthly report and it appears I have to reboot in order for my Outlook to load. Guess I'll do that while I take a short nap in preparation for painting.

See ya'll later!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beachies. I took a Benadryl to ease my itchy mosquito bites and slept right through until six! It felt very strange. I must remember to not take one in the daylight.

Sorry about Kirk's ankle, Debbie. Was he having fun when he did it? That always makes it somewhat better.

Shelf, I must have missed the move. Where are you going? There's a house near me that's available.

Matilda, I'm sure you will adjust quickly to the summer routine. Is camp a day camp or overnight? I adored camp when I was a kid, mainly to get away from my parents who squelched my enthusiasm a lot.

Heidi, I always hated that last day of school. At least your children are out at noon. It seems to me we went to the very end of June and then it was a full day. After that we did packing and had some staff meetings for planning. Nobody paid much attention at those meetings.

Cyndi, white nights are awful, especially when you have driving and work the next day. I hope the coffee and good breakfast work their magic.

Yesterday was busy but I accomplished all the necessities and then some. My financial report cam together quickly and the weekend sales and donations from the Mill were huge but balanced correctly. Today I am going to do mostly "me" jobs until the meeting at 7 where I present the report. I'm hoping it goes well. The woman I replaced as Treasurer won't be there but her daughter will be. The DD is a very negative and bitter woman who will probably find something disparaging to say. I have my smile ready.

First a second coffee on the deck and some quality time with Jazz and Disney.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ladies!

It's fun and interesting to hear of everyone's plans for the day. I'm going to do some tidying up before heading over to school with Cindy for lunch with Maggie's class. It's supposed to be a picnic and the weather is perfect for it. I'm bringing my own lunch so I won't be tempted to stray off-plan. It will wrap up with a make-your-own-sundae for dessert, but I will stay strong and keep busy helping to supervise. I promise not even to have a lick!
The girls have gymnastics after school, which I believe is their last class for the year, and there will be refreshments for that, too. But I'm staying in my car to read, so I won't even be near them, lol!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, it's chatty this am!!

Lexiss - I keep getting confused by your different locations. Maybe I should visit to understand better!?!

Shelflife - good luck packing! I'm one of those weird ones, I like doing it myself, only because I don't like others touching my stuff!

Heidi - Enjoy your last day!

MMCK - ahhhh, good luck with adjusting the routine! Thank goodness, my kids have gotten so much better at a store with me. We braved Sam's last week!

Cyndi - ugh, hope you make it thru the day okay. Thank goodness for coffee!

Ruth - Smile, baby!

Cottage - At least it finally cooled off, makes those sundaes a whole lot less tempting!

Really pleased with how I did yesterday on phase I. Especially that I've had a really stressful few days (moms. nuff said) and I am definately a stress eater. That's why I was quite surprised I wasn't even tempted to eat poorly at Olive Garden.

I was going to go on a bike ride at 5:30, but didn't sleep well and skipped it...it's okay to have a day off! I have a full day of work today. Maybe if I'm up to it, DH will let me go on a quickie bike ride tonight.

Have a great day!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #10  

Ruth & Lexxiss -- I'm heading west to Edmonton! I think it will be a nice change when I'm settled, but the process of moving is never fun.

Heidi -- congrats on finishing up another school year! Good luck with the cleaning today!
Mmc -- nice overnight loss! Even if it is water, it's always encouraging to see!
Cyndi -- hope the coffee helps the insomnia. I'm feeling like a bit of a zombie today as well! I should try some!
Cottage -- Good luck staying away from the sundaes! I know you can do it!
TwynnB -- I don't like people touching my stuff either... but I think I don't like packing even more :LOL:

Just chatted with my mom and learned she's going for [elective] surgery next Monday. Hoping I can get moved and adequately settled quickly so I can head further west to her place in BC and help her with her recovery.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Sorry about Kirk's ankle, Debbie. Was he having fun when he did it? That always makes it somewhat better.
I don't know if he was having fun...I wasn't here.lol Keep that pasted smile on, it sounds like you'll need it today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Lexiss - I keep getting confused by your different locations. Maybe I should visit to understand better!?!
Ok, house 1, Eastern Slope, 18 miles E. of Denver. My familys' Victorian (PITA)home...mom lives 1 block away. I graduated from HS here, not much fun here(boring town)...lots of work.
house 2, Western Slope, 120 m W. of house 1. Outdoor hot springs, bike riding, friends, fun. Mom has a tiny place next door but would rather be on Eastern Slope. Hence, back and forth, back and forth, especially as she will turn 90 this summer.
It's getting harder because mom needs more help and Rudi is getting more agitated these days with the traveling.
I hope you get your bike ride in tonight!

Linda, great job planning for no licks!

Shelflife, I hope you get settled so you can go be with your mom.

Karen, in case you forget to post.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #12  
sophie

good morning,

Debbie - have fun painting, at least you will be able to be alone with your thoughts while painting. Debbie, ticker looking great.

Shelflife - aw, Edmonton after Paris, that's all I can say.

Ruth - wow, look at your ticker, congratulations.

Matilda - I miss the excitement of the last day of school.

Cyndi - enjoy those lovely mountains.

Heidi - enjoy your summer, you have earned it.

Linda - have fun at the picnic, avoiding ice cream for me would be hard.

Twynn - congratulations, for doing well at Olive Garden, tempting bread sticks there.

me - I have had an attack of sciatica, I always do after gardening alot. The only thing that has helped in the past was acupuncture so I will see in a few days. Anyways, my youngest son got a scholarship to attend a post production program. Its a very hard program to get into, they only accept 15 students a year and its a postgraduate program. Did I mention he is 30. but that is young and that is his passion, he has already worked on several movies.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! I've spent the last several hours on my darn blog issues. If I didn't love blogging so much I'd raise my hands and give up. Otherwise, life is fine Niggles today and getting my hair cut and colored. Still eating too many berries. Must stop buying them at Costco or at all!

Debbie - Bummer about DH's ankle. Painting counts as exercise in my book. I'm here!

Shelflife - Happy packing! And this way you might put things together logically in boxes.
Heidi - Last day! Hooray for summer

Matilda - I need a shake up too, I think. Glad that PH1 is working its magic.

Cyndi - I hope you stay awake on the drive.

Ruth - We gave my youngest benedryl when he was 3 and had the chicken pox and he was AWAKE all night!!

Linda - Enjoy your picnic and kudos to you for staying OP.

Twynn - Olive Garden - good for you!

Sophie - Ouch Congrats to your son.

Off for my morning beans...
Old 06-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #14  

What day is it?
Sorry - not sure which way is up.
Literally.

Graduation tonight. Exams through Friday. Funerals for the next two days - two pervious students of mine lost their parents this weekend.

I hope to get on and read through posts on Friday so I feel human again!
Be well -
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #15  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Tuesday beachers!

Oh Bea I'll be keeping you and your students in my thoughts today. Hope everything marches along smoothly for another few days until you can take a deep breath and relax into summer break.
Closed Thread