South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

Default AARRGGGHHHlksjsldkjfdlkdf

I can't get past 247. It's driving me nuts. I don't have 1-2 lb loss a week at all. If I did I'd be overjoyed! Can stress halt weight loss? Other than that, the only thing I can think of is
1. Adding fruit too soon after adding grain (I don't get cravings, though!)
2. The whole wheat bread at the restaurant actually being wheat flour. This may have happened twice.
3. A couple Blue Moon beers both Friday and Saturday.

I know the beers are not following guidelines (they aren't light), but can that really derail weight loss even though my diet is so healthy? (This is the reasoning that got me into trouble in the first place. "I eat better than any skinny girl I know! Why am I fat? Not fair! blah blah blah" So I'll quit that now.)
I may have just answered my own question. BUT STILL!!!!
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

For one, I would never ever have faith that bread served in a restaurant is whole wheat. You should always just assume it's as bad as white bread. Second, the beers will make you retain water. How long ago was it that you last lost? You could be plateauing. Also, yes, stress can halt weight loss.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #3  

Thanks, girl. You are right. I'd say I haven't lost anything since the beginning of the month. I thought I'd get a drop after my TOM but it didn't happen.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

CHIN UP!!
The beginning of the month was 2 weeks ago - you can TOTALLY plateau for that long - or longer - and still be doing all the right things. Up that water intake, check on your sodium, and of course maybe consider the light beer beer instead (chuckle).

Stress is usually my killer, even when things have been going well. I usually find that when I am stressed, I have actually consumed calories differently that when I am not. It is not always MORE calories, but usually not such healthy ones, or I eat later at night, or when I am not actually hungry. My "one bite" of something was usually really more like a whole whatever it was by the time I am done with every bite, lick and taste.

Deep breath - it is still more about being healthy than anything else. Your metabolism may be going through an overhaul, you may be stuck here for a bit. Reexamine your foods, check for hidden salt, and HAVE FAITH -

Be well.
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your loss so far, you've been doing great! I keep my diet totally SBD but I have been logging my food in fitday.com. I have found that I absolutely have to keep my carbs as close to 100g/day as possible in order to lose. Since I am not a big meat lover and haven't done as many veggies as I should, I really have to keep an eye on the carbs. I know that one of the joys of this WOE is not counting calories etc but it is helpful info when you hit a stall and better than giving up which I am always tempted to do
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

They've said it all but I wanted to join in to offer my support. Love the thread title BTW. Hang in there, keep eating well, the weight will come off eventually. In the meantime, focus on how you are feeling. And, have you done measurements? Sometimes you can see progress there even when the scale isn't moving.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #7  

Ya'll are all right and I really need to remember that no matter what I'm eating healthy. Im reaping benefits in some way or another! Thanks ladies. It really is the best to be able to come here and get words of wisdom and support. I feel so much better!!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I frequently feel that the human anatomy needs a redesign. We should be able to kick our own butt!

There's always a reason for a stall and I think you may have figured it out.

Onward and downward!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #9  

I'm 246 this morning. That is hilarious. I'll wait a month before freaking out next time!!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #10  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hooray, YeahYeah! You've busted the plateau! =) Freaking out is perfectly allowed - we all do it and we all need to vent about it.
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Height: 5'6

Good to see you were able to get a lost. Enjoy every little success and keep up the good work.
nat4crim is offline   Reply With Quote