South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default SBD Chat for Monday June 13, 2011

Hello ladies!
I just got back from Iceland last night, so now I'm wide awake and obviously jet-lagged! Figured I might as well start the daily thread!

Trip was fabulous (Paris-London-Reykjavik) but I was off plan the whole way through. All the walking we did must have helped some, though, because I'm sitting at 159.6lbs, which is about where I was when I left.

Nevertheless, I'm going to be joining MmcKellan in phase 1 for atleast 1 week, possibly two (except my bday on Thursday ) I'm off to find some recipes and ready a shopping list so I can be the first person in the supermarket at 6am!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and welcome home, Shelflife. That was a great trip! Iceland is on my bucket list. Were your flights affected by the volcano ash problem? I am always amazed when I don't gain weight on trips. I don't know whether it's extra walking of just that our metabolism speeds up from the excitement.

Today is the beginning of a new work week and I'm always pumped when I can change my ticker the right way. I guess I just might make it into the 170s this month, a weight I've not seen since 1983 when Harry and I got married. Although the wedding food was fabulous, particularly the canapes, I managed OK by giving the guy beside me my dessert. He was gay but very charming and a great dancer. (There may be pictures later.) I think this food fight is getting easier with practice!

The usual hectic week ahead with the Mill AGM tomorrow, an ongoing audit and the usual Village tasks like a couple of plantings to complete. There's fun stuff too though like a Book Club luncheon and Bread fest on the weekend. Breadfest is really scary but I will survive. I should also work in a trip to town to drop off a load of "out-grown" summer clothes at Goodwill. I am now officially a 14-16 after years of up to 2X. I also have some never worn Coldwater Creek things for the consignment store.

So that's my week, How does yours look?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ruth,
Congrats on that ticker. I'm psyched to see mine go down too this week - hopefully. Shelf, welcome back. Sounds like your trip was a blast, I'm jealous! I hear you about the (strangely) not gaining weight when away - when I was in Texas I did not gain any weight. I figured out it was because I was removed from the triggers that would usually have me snacking all day here -work, etc. I really don't snack much on vacation, even though I do make poor food choices.

I'm starting Phase 1 again today for two weeks. I've got to get these cravings under control. In the last four days I've eaten more cake and cookies that I have in years, and I generally don't crave sweets. Not sure why, but it's go to stop! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just another Monday in Vermont.

Shelf - Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip!

Ruth - Bread Fest does sound terrifying. There is an amazing bakery outlet on the way to Maine filled with samples of strange and unique sourdough breads. That's scary enough for me Congratulations on the ticker!!

Matilda - I'm looking forward to our Phase 1 week 1 I've been just enough off plan with the birthday stuff to have the food crazies. The only way I know to stop that is clearing out the cravings. So glad you suggested this!

Today is an unusual WFH day. I've got a survey to create and haven't even started it. Oops. At least I know there will be no coffee shop temptations for the first day of Phase 1.

Hope your Monday is a breeze
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Welcome back, shelflife! Glad to hear you had such a great trip!

Ruth, yay for good eating that gets easier as time goes on AND a shrinking ticker as it's reward!

Matilda, interesting...that the usual triggers are gone on vacation....makes sense!

Cyndi, good luck on your survey!

Me, sitting in my very quiet house. I'm thinking a morning without Bing is like a day without sunshine. I miss his early morning efforts as he gets the entire "gang" going. We'll leave here right after my yoga classes at the pool.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth and Shelflife, congratulations to both of you! Your trip sounds amazing, Shelflife, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would love, love, love to visit Iceland some day! Ruth, I'm glad you had a great time at the wedding and you must have looked smashing in that dress!

This is the last week of school for most kids around here, and excitement is running high. Amber and Carley's last day is Friday, but Audrey and Maggie are finished at noon on Thursday. It must be a hard week for teachers, trying to keep the little ones focused on wrapping up the year.

I've decided it's time for me to do a Phase 1 again to get things back under control. I haven't done a Phase 1 in years because I dread it, but I've been getting pretty sloppy and need a good detox. I spent the weekend going over recipes and making up menus and feel pretty prepared for all the challenges that face me this week. On Tuesday I have Maggie's class picnic to get through, Thursday Cindy and I are taking the girls out to lunch to celebrate the beginning of summer vacation, and Friday I'm going to my DIL's Tastefully Simple demonstration. I'm determined to do this right, though.
I have a breakfast casserole in the oven right now and it smells so good.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Cottage, Cyndi and everyone else doing Phase 1 again: go post your menus on the Phase 1 on plan thread I started...I'm going to need ideas!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Matilda, Cyndi and Debbie! Wow, I'm surprised all of you managed to pop in while I was composing my post!

Matilda and Cyndi, I'll be joining you on Phase 1. Let's make this a successful and impressive week!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Shelflife - welcome back! Hope you had a fabulous trip, maybe you'll share your favorite pic or two?

Ruth - congrats on getting rid of clothes!! WOO HOO!!

MMCK - I may not join you today, but maybe tomorrow... Good luck!

Cyndi - ohhhh, coffee house temptations. Darned, I love pastries...(not as much as I used to,however!)

Lexiss - my house is very quiet right now as well, I love my mornings!

Cottage - good luck with the social events this week!

I really (well, that's a strong word, isn't it?!?!?) wanted to do phase I starting today, then realized I asked a neighbor that watched the kids 1/2 last week to go with me to olive garden tonight (I have a gift certificate). Oops. I'll see if she still wants to go, if she does, I'll start tomorrow. Can't exactly ask her out for dessert, and then not have any!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

I thought I already posted on here today but I guess not. My memory is really driving me crazy!

Anyhoo, happy Monday, everyone. I've been to the gym with my mom and trainer and done 45 minutes on the elliptical and am now waiting to take my teen for his very last cleaning/check up with the pediatric dentist. Will try to elliptical more later this afternoon. Having frustrating blog technology issues. Wish I understood the stuff more.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Happy Monday everyone! On vacation this week and waiting by the mailbox for my Wii Zumba game to show up so I can dance my butt off. Literally. This past weekend we celebrated my husband's 30th birthday with about 30 of his closest friends and lots of food and drinks... Still on the road to recovery from that one. Glad I had the foresight to request this week off! I'm sure my ticker does not reflect the scale right now, but I'm not going to step on it again for another week because I know I have a lot of water weight right now... Anyways hope it is sunny somewhere because it's been rainy here for a few days. Have a good week, everyone!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #12  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday beachers!
asphyxia63, do let us know how you like the Zumba game! I've been thinking about ordering it for a while. I tried Zumba this weekeng for the first time, and it was pretty fun!
shelflife and Matilda, I am feeling some friendly jealousy that you can vacation without gaining weight. For some reason, if I even *think* about taking a vacation and I gain weight! Ha! Okay, well, it's not that bad, but even with walking and always taking stairs and doing active stuff (scuba, hiking, swimming), I always gain. But, c'est la vie.
To everyone doing phase 1 - good luck and good job!
Closed Thread