Old 05-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Stool softener

Which one is your coach recommending to you? My coach told me magnesium citrate, however, when I bought it today (AFTER gulping 2 tsp down), I saw
1) it is saccharin based and when I look online, they are all saccharin sweetened
2) the last ingredient is sucrose, which might just be the brand that I bought. I will not be having a restricted item today! I emailed the manufacturer to try adn figure out how many carbs stating that I am on a ketogenic diet - we will see what reply I get.

What are you getting recommended?
Perpetualdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetualdiet View Post
Which one is your coach recommending to you? My coach told me magnesium citrate, however, when I bought it today (AFTER gulping 2 tsp down), I saw
1) it is saccharin based and when I look online, they are all saccharin sweetened
2) the last ingredient is sucrose, which might just be the brand that I bought. I will not be having a restricted item today! I emailed the manufacturer to try adn figure out how many carbs stating that I am on a ketogenic diet - we will see what reply I get.

What are you getting recommended?
Peter Gilham's Natures Calm is excellent, I order from Netrition online. Also I take 2 Colace (the equate walmart brand much cheaper) a day. I suffered major constipation the first two weeks and this worked wonders for me!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #3  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

I would try this:

Constipation-

Per Mike Ciel, RPH & Clinical Director of Ideal Protein:
Increase in unwelcomed weight = poor colon health. Problems related to constipation can be assisted with adding magnesium citrate to diet. Calcium supplements can be constipating, but magnesium has the opposite effect.

Serious Constipation-

When you combine vitamin C with Cal-Mag it will open/stimulate the colon.
Purchase Walgreen's or CVS brand of 1000mg vitamin C tablets.
Take 1 in the am with Cal-Mag supplement
Take 2 at noon with Cal-Mag supplement
If you do not receive relief, continue adding 1000mg vitamin C until bowels are evacuated.

From my reading and understanding is the continuance of taking the vitamin C is with your Cal-Mag supplements in the evening(ie, 1 with dinner supplements and 1 with snack supplements).
Tab McButterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
I would try this:

Constipation-

Increase in unwelcomed weight = poor colon health. Problems related to constipation can be assisted with adding magnesium citrate to diet. Calcium supplements can be constipating, but magnesium has the opposite effect.

Serious Constipation-

If you do not receive relief, continue adding 1000mg vitamin C until bowels are evacuated.

From my reading and understanding is the continuance of taking the vitamin C is with your Cal-Mag supplements in the evening(ie, 1 with dinner supplements and 1 with snack supplements).
I will try this, seems like I am in a constant battle with my bowels right now lol!
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning ... Have none of your coaches suggested the Novi-lax that Ideal protein sells..they also have a colan cleansing...

I struggled with this and used the novi-lax... its easy and gentle and doesn't upset my tummy or balance at all...Please ask if they have this on the shelf..

Believe me you'll feel better..
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/194/150

Height: 5'7"

There are two things I will use. Novi-lax is one of them. The other is called Oxy Powder. Both work really well. On an ongoing basis I stick to the Novi-lax but when i find I'm still backing up or not consistent enough, I'll take the Oxy Powder. http://www.canada-oxy-powder.com/

I think my coach has had me try every constipation remedy out there including the vitamin C and magnesium citrate (that one only worked if i took the whole bottle and then I suffered!). Nothing worked well for me until I started using novi lax and oxy powder.

Good luck!
Travelbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Please let this work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
I would try this:

Constipation-

Serious Constipation-

I am going to get some Vitamin C this afternoon. I am so miserable with this damned constipation. It's not just the lack of weight loss... I'm used to beging regular as a clock and I sure don't need thing to be obsessed over. It's difficult enough to keep enough veggies in the house and find something new to do with them

Wish me luck and a smooth passage!!! LOL

crawfishmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 262/258/165

Height: 5 ft 4in

I love the Calm too!! It works. I drink it at night right before bed. I love it!!!
Maddymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

If you are into a natural remedy for constipation. Have a fresshly squeezed lemon in a half a cup of luke warm water first thing in the morning before you eat anything. This will result in immediate relief.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote