Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #99
MairsieD
Fluffy but Battle-Ready

S/C/G: 251.4/235.0/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequi 2008 View Post
Standalone Medifast Meal alternative:

1/4 cup (33g) Breyer's CarbSmart Vanilla Ice Cream, scooped with a melon baller. (Makes approximately 3 balls).

Roll ice cream balls in 2 Tbsp sushi-grade roe (raw fish eggs, mixed species).

Garnish with the head of a Children's Gummi Bear multivitamin, mounted on a toothpick.

Ice cream fish egg balls total 105 calories, 5g fat, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugar, and 7.2g protein. This comes close to matching the nutritional profile of a MF bar (the gummi bear head even provides 20% of the daily vitamin requirements.)

CAUTION: Do not eat the toothpick. Although high in non-soluble fiber, it will leave splinters in your throat.

CAUTION: Do not let your kids observe you beheading the gummi bears. They will never look at you the same again.

CAUTION: Do not take this post seriously. I am simply trying to lighten the mood. I have not actually conducted a taste test of this dish.

CAUTION: I'm pretty sure this is NOT considered OK by Medifast. I'm not sure if it's even OK by me. But it's about as alternative as you can get.
Hahahahahahhaa, thank you, I enjoyed this.

Lately I've been trying some of the BariWise and WonderSlim bars from DietDirect.com. Good golly Miss Molly! They are delicious. I've also done a somewhat rigorous nutritional comparison (on my blog if anyone is curious/nerdy) and they score pretty well. A bit low on the vitamins, but considering that 4 Medifast meals and a Lean & Green provide over 100%, and that I take pre-natal vitamins, I think they are a good alternative.

Also I got a bag of the WonderSlim Barbeque Snack Bites as a sample with my order. YUM! Maybe its because I'm totally deprived of all crunchy foods after nearly 4 weeks on Medifast, but these were like a dream come true.

Thanks for the breakdown on the Fage 0%, domesticbliss. I love and miss my Fage!
MairsieD is offline   Reply With Quote