Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:Thursday June 9, 2011 Daily chat thread
Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Hello fabulous IPers!

I am so glad it's Friday! I'm extra tired this week and the weekend will be welcome!

Things are going well. I was out again last night and I'm finding that other people are somehow uncomfortable when I tell them I'm only drinking club soda with lime. I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not sure why they're surprised.

Another willpower NSV: The function I was at last night offered a 90 minute champagne and dessert reception. It looked like dessert heaven. In the past, I would have been all over the sweet stuff. Last night not only did I not touch a crumb, I totally didn't care- not that those little treats didn't look good. I feel like I'm getting over my deprivation issues, which have been a big problem in the past.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #3  
Turbo Fire 1.23.12

S/C/G: SW:171 GW:135

Height: 5'3

Default Day 2

Today is Day 2 of IP. Yesterday was ok, I have no real complaints. I felt a little queasy and weak when I got home so I had a bar before dinner. I think I am going to start having my snack between lunch and dinner instead of after dinner.

I tried the cripsy cereal this morning and it was just ok. I think I am having a hard time getting used to the artificial sweetner taste, I usually do not like artificial sweetners. But I'm sure I will find a shake or pudding that I really like that I can have for breakfast every morning.

I have a question, I forgot my vitamins at home this morning, can I double up this evening when I get home? Or should I go out and try to buy a multi-vitamin and a potassium/calcium vitamin?
Old 06-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Hello fabulous IPers!

Another willpower NSV: The function I was at last night offered a 90 minute champagne and dessert reception. It looked like dessert heaven. In the past, I would have been all over the sweet stuff. Last night not only did I not touch a crumb, I totally didn't care- not that those little treats didn't look good. I feel like I'm getting over my deprivation issues, which have been a big problem in the past.

Great job on not eating or even wanting the sweets! I don't know if I would have been able to resist! That is a super NSV!!

In a few hours I go for my 2nd WI and I am hoping for a great number. I know the average after week 1 is usually 3-4 pounds a week so I'm hoping for the 4 pounds or more!!

Here's to another great IP day!! Happy Friday everyone!!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Hello fabulous IPers!

I am so glad it's Friday! I'm extra tired this week and the weekend will be welcome!

Things are going well. I was out again last night and I'm finding that other people are somehow uncomfortable when I tell them I'm only drinking club soda with lime. I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not sure why they're surprised.

Congratulations! That is huge...

I am also glad that it is Friday. My boss is on vacation today, so I have to muddle through the day, but then I'm off to another conference Sunday night-Tuesday, then on vacation starting Wednesday. I SO need the mental break. That, and I'm really looking forward to going to the beach... probably because I won't feel disgusting like I did last time I was there.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 142.6/138.0/127

Height: 5'4"

so I made it through my 1st day. The food was fine, no problem there. I did have a headache last night. But it's gone this morning.

I have a couple questions I forgot to ask at my center...is there any kind of gum that's ok? Also can we use veg/chicken broth with our cooking?

I think the hardest thing for me is not having my wine in the evening =(

Thanks for all your encouragement!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy TGIF everyone!!

Let's make this a great Friday that will lead into a great wknd!! We CAN do this!!!!

I am organizing and participating in a business function this afternoon, including bubbly wine and tiramisu from a Italian bakery, among other things. I plan on bringing an IP bar with me and I hope that I will be able to sneak some carbonated water into a wine glass! Otherwise, I will just hold the glass and pretend for the toast. If needed, I will use my food intolerances as an excuse for not having the treat.

for me and anyone else who will need it today!

Quote:
Hello fabulous IPers!

I've only reached that point a few weeks ago myself (just before changing phases)... and I still have my days. That is a huge progress! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk2011 View Post
Today is Day 2 of IP. Yesterday was ok, I have no real complaints. I felt a little queasy and weak when I got home so I had a bar before dinner. I think I am going to start having my snack between lunch and dinner instead of after dinner.

I tried the cripsy cereal this morning and it was just ok. I think I am having a hard time getting used to the artificial sweetner taste, I usually do not like artificial sweetners. But I'm sure I will find a shake or pudding that I really like that I can have for breakfast every morning.

I have a question, I forgot my vitamins at home this morning, can I double up this evening when I get home? Or should I go out and try to buy a multi-vitamin and a potassium/calcium vitamin?
Yay on getting through your first day! If you continue to feel queasy and weak, you may want to ask your Coach about taking 2 Potassium supplements in the morning (it says you can do so on the bottle).

I always had a snack in the late afternoon (a bar or hard-boiled egg whites, or dill pickles or something), AND my evening snack... I just needed it! (But I am a slow loser and this may be why).

I like to add a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa and some cinamon to the crispy cereal. I know that someone else on here added the Walden Farms chocolate syrup to it. My best breakfast is still the vanilla RTD drink box though. I even put some in my coffee! Another user on here has and Espresso shot in her vanilla RTD drink box... just some ideas!

For the vitamin, I am not an expert but I would not really double up. I would either just skip it for the one day, continuing where I left off when I get home and being sure to get it all in tomorrow OR I would go out an get a multivitamin that you can keep at work for days when you forget. I am hoping that the experts ont he board will chime in with some advice and that I am not steering you wrong here.

I actually carry around an "IP emergency kit" in my purse: enough vitamins for 2 days, a Walden Farms salad dressing packet, some Stevia packets and a bar. I have been grateful for this many times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Great job on not eating or even wanting the sweets! I don't know if I would have been able to resist! That is a super NSV!!

In a few hours I go for my 2nd WI and I am hoping for a great number. I know the average after week 1 is usually 3-4 pounds a week so I'm hoping for the 4 pounds or more!!

Here's to another great IP day!! Happy Friday everyone!!
Good luck on your WI!
As you adjust to the diet, you will be able to resist too! It comes with time. Once your body is "clean", things change! At least, that's how it was for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Congratulations! That is huge...

I am also glad that it is Friday. My boss is on vacation today, so I have to muddle through the day, but then I'm off to another conference Sunday night-Tuesday, then on vacation starting Wednesday. I SO need the mental break. That, and I'm really looking forward to going to the beach... probably because I won't feel disgusting like I did last time I was there.
Have a great day and enjoy your vacation! It's amazing what shedding some pounds can do for our self-esteem! You are going to be rocking your swimsuit on that beach! You go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
so I made it through my 1st day. The food was fine, no problem there. I did have a headache last night. But it's gone this morning.

I have a couple questions I forgot to ask at my center...is there any kind of gum that's ok? Also can we use veg/chicken broth with our cooking?

I think the hardest thing for me is not having my wine in the evening =(

Thanks for all your encouragement!
Congratulations on getting through your first day!

I've read on this board that Spry gum is okay but it didn't work for me... it seemed to really slow things down. Everyone is different, so you can try and see if it works for you.

I do use some chicken broth in my cooking. Look for something that is low sodium and read the ingredients (you don't want corn starch or sugar). Making your own is even better but I never have time for that!

Sorry about the wine... hopefully, you'll get used to it soon.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-10-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy TGIF everyone!!
Let's make this a great Friday that will lead into a great wknd!! We CAN do this!!!!

I've only reached that point a few weeks ago myself (just before changing phases)... and I still have my days. That is a huge progress! Congratulations!

Yay on getting through your first day! If you continue to feel queasy and weak, you may want to ask your Coach about taking 2 Potassium supplements in the morning (it says you can do so on the bottle).

I always had a snack in the late afternoon (a bar or hard-boiled egg whites, or dill pickles or something), AND my evening snack... I just needed it! (But I am a slow loser and this may be why).

I like to add a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa and some cinamon to the crispy cereal. I know that someone else on here added the Walden Farms chocolate syrup to it. My best breakfast is still the vanilla RTD drink box though. I even put some in my coffee! Another user on here has and Espresso shot in her vanilla RTD drink box... just some ideas!

For the vitamin, I am not an expert but I would not really double up. I would either just skip it for the one day, continuing where I left off when I get home and being sure to get it all in tomorrow OR I would go out an get a multivitamin that you can keep at work for days when you forget. I am hoping that the experts ont he board will chime in with some advice and that I am not steering you wrong here.

I actually carry around an "IP emergency kit" in my purse: enough vitamins for 2 days, a Walden Farms salad dressing packet, some Stevia packets and a bar. I have been grateful for this many times!

Good luck on your WI!

Have a great day and enjoy your vacation! It's amazing what shedding some pounds can do for our self-esteem! You are going to be rocking your swimsuit on that beach! You go girl!

Congratulations on getting through your first day!

I've read on this board that Spry gum is okay but it didn't work for me... it seemed to really slow things down. Everyone is different, so you can try and see if it works for you.

I do use some chicken broth in my cooking. Look for something that is low sodium and read the ingredients (you don't want corn starch or sugar). Making your own is even better but I never have time for that!

Sorry about the wine... hopefully, you'll get used to it soon.
Susie Bee,

You always give great advise! It is funny that you call yourself a slow loser as I am the same, right down to the egg whites and pickles!!! I think that I would not have stuck with it without tweeks though and my coach who is not exactly an IP subject matter expert as I am always telling her about stuff is my best friend and has supported my "tweeks" as she has her own tweeks! Glad you seem more positive today and yesterday as I know you had a hard time a few days ago,,,, well gonna go for my jog now as it is my off day then a little clothes shopping and off to the camper for the weekend Have a great one Susie and all!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #9  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!! It's Friday! Woooo hooo! So excited that storms brought us cooler weather. It was 100 degrees most of the week and the high today is 70. We're going to take full advantage and go to the zoo and an outdoor music festival tonight. I will be wearing layers because I'm cold constantly now that I lost weight.

Congrats to all of you resisting temptation!! I learned in this journey that, the more you resist, the easier it becomes. We had a party for my son last week and our family's baker (who's cake we all dream about) made an adorable cake. I served it up to everyone there and had ZERO thought of trying it....4 months ago I would have obsessed over it.

I'm so excited that I only have 8 lbs left until goal. I feel like I can touch the finish line. It will be great to phase off for a big Vegas trip at the end of July. I might do phase 1 again to get off the last 10-15 lbs after Vegas. We'll see.

Have a fabulous Friday! Drink lots of water, get all your veggies and feel amazing!!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #10  
Turbo Fire 1.23.12

S/C/G: SW:171 GW:135

Height: 5'3

Default Thanks Susie_Bee

Thank you! This is very helpful. And I certainly will put extra vitamins and a bar in my purse for emergencies. I have now realized having a back up plan is important on this program.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5 4

Default C25k

I want to start the C25K is anyone doing it?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna Mitchell View Post
I want to start the C25K is anyone doing it?
What is the C25K??
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #13  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

WI#3 this morning down 4lbs!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and spend sometime with the ones you LOVE!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I did some of my baking last night and somehow managed to have both raw and burnt sugar cookies for the first batch. After that one, I got them all good to go! Today I'll be making the rest of the goodies. I didn't eat any of the cookies last night. Not even a nibble. I was perfectly content to just smell them! Lol!

I was rewarded with a .6 loss from yesterday morning so that's nice! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Cross your fingers it doesn't rain here tomorrow, I was hoping to have my daughter's party outside. It almost never rains here and I'll be bummed if it decides to rain tomorrow!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

I had another weigh in last night and I lost another pound! YAY!!! I also put on a pair of capris this morning that were WAY TOO TIGHT a month ago (I'm talking cant breathe or sit) and they fit me!!! I love this diet! I have tryed so many other diets and I just feel like this one really clicks. If that makes any sense. I really feel like this is the end to my struggle. Thanks for everyone inspiring words.
Closed Thread