Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Default Rollin' Out Of The 120s!

Ok, y'all, I decided to start a new 120's thread since the old one was approaching 500 posts! Let's get outta here, girls! 110's, here we come!

128.4 for the past two days. Can't wait to see 119!!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #2  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Hey, bama girl, thanks for getting this new thread started! And welcome to the 120's. You seem to be cruising along really quickly--way to go!

As I posted in the June chat thread, I finally got down to 127 after a month of 127.5-128.5. No more movement in the past couple of days.

Tomorrow I have an appointment for my yearly "womanly exam," and I'm actually excited about it. (That sounds so wrong. ) Last year, my nurse practitioner gently inquired into my exercise and eating habits, and I thought, I should take this as a sign. So tomorrow I get to thank her and tell her that because of her, I've lost over 40 pounds since last year, and I'm fitter than I've ever been! So no discouragement for the moment at my scale sticking, I've got it all in perspective...
Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I was 126.6lbs before my weeklong vacation (came back to see 131lbs - yikes!) Anyway, working on getting that off of me. I cannot WAIT to see 125... then 120... then, omg, 119!

Hope to see goal by my birthday in mid October!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm still stuck :P I've been so busy and so very full of stress though that I have to admit, I haven't been conscience of anything weight loss related... well almost. I've actually worked out for six days in a row now! First for me. Hopefully that will help things some what.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #5  
I will never give up.

Same weight 3 days in a row.... 128.4. In one way, it's good because I know the loss into the 130's was real and not just water. In another way... GUHHH I want the scale to move!!

Dorian - Vacations seem to do that to me, too. So much good food!

Crystalx4 - Good for you working out so much! You've done better than I have! haha

Sumire - hope your appointment went well!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #6  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Dorian5: Vacation gain, TOTALLY worth it.

Crystalx4: Well done! Working out always helps me with stress, hope it does you too.

bama_girl: It'll shift! It must!

My appointment went great. My nurse practitioner was thrilled with the weight loss. I am also entering a brave new world: I've been on the pill for 10 years, since I was 18, but had to get off it as of today, because I've started having migraines with aura (no birth control with estrogen allowed b/c of increased stroke risk).

Monday I have an appointment for a consult to talk about IUDs. I'm thinking of getting the Paragard IUD, which has no hormones. I'd love to get the hormones out of my system & be done with them. I'm curious as to whether I'm going to see/feel any changes in my body now that I'm getting off the pill. I vividly remember my boobs growing a full cup size within a week of getting on the pill, and then they never shrank, so I'm guessing they'll probably shrink back. (It's ok, I have too much already. )
Old 06-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #7  

I going to jump into this new thread. I was bouncing right around 130 for a month or so but the last 2 weeks I've started bouncing around 126-128. I like those bounces better but I'd rather see a steady drop (wouldn't we all!).

125 was my original goal but I think I'm going to revise it to ~118 and see what happens after that. I'm training for a half marathon next year (just started) so I'm hoping that with some serious weekly mileage I'll be able to keep losing slowly without a huge calorie restriction.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #8  
I will never give up.

Welcome, Julia! I see you're from Chattanooga... That's my hometown! I moved down to Tuscaloosa for school, but I come back for the summer and Christmas and whatnot.

I haven't weighed myself today, but I've been SUCH a fat this weekend. Went to visit my grandparents and had restaurant food last night so who knows what's happened in my body... I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #9  

Oops, vacation eating AFTER vacation is not what I need to be doing. A weekend full of Cook Out burgers and onion rings, and pizza TWICE, lots of shots of liquor.... yuck! I would really like to see 126.6lbs again, which was my last low weight before vacation.

sumire - I'm on the pill too, but I'm not very good about remembering them every. single. day. Let us know if you do experience any changes to your body after getting off of them! I would love to switch birth control, but I'm just not sure what's for me. (My first pill was Yasmin, and it made me the devil.)

JuliaTN - Welcome! I would love to do a half marathon too. You're almost at your original goal! You'll see 118 in no time.

bamagirl - I didn't weigh myself this morning either, it would have been a scary number. Hopefully I can do some damage control today so that the number tomorrow doesn't hurt TOO bad.

GOOD LUCK ALL!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Ugh we had like NO food in the house over the weekend...hubby got real sick and I had to drive him back and forth to the doctor...no time for shopping. I stayed within my calories but it was all carbs. I think I gained a pound or so, probably in water weight from carbing up so badly. Thankfully we got to the store today and I can get back on track :[
Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #11  
I will never give up.

mimi - getting back on track is all you can do. And you know what? If you gained water weight from carbs, it'll fall off when you flush it out with more water.

OMG, the scale finally moved! Only by about 0.6 pounds but I'll take anything compared to being stuck at the same number for a whole week. Maybe things will speed up again. I'm at 128.0 and I REALLY want to see 125 by the end of June, at least.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 126/126/105

Height: 5'3

Okay I'm at 126...maybe... My Wii (123.6), Bathroom(123.5) and Dr(126) all say different things! but my goal is to overall be 105-110 by I'm not sure when....
Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

whoops i just posted in the old forum because i did not know of the new one. well,

hey guys. ive been a wreck lately because recently i realized im going to the beach in two weeks and i was not close to my goal of 115 or 110. more so just over 120. and ive been bingeing. i think it's due to part stress, part my new job, and part my birth control! i started trinessa, which is low dose but i noticed once i started my hunger is off the hook. for the month i was off hormones from BC i was really good at not wanting food if it wasnt in front of me. now im like a scavanger and constantly thinking and wanting all these kinds of foods with different cravings and such. anyone else experience this?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #14  
I will never give up.

I was like that when I started my birth control (I'm on LoEstrin FE) but when my hormones balanced out after a few months, my food cravings leveled off too. I think it has something to do with the fact that the hormones trick your body into thinking it's pregnant so you don't ovulate. So your body's like... "Oh, crap, guess I'm eating for two now!" when it's not.

125.4 today! I don't know where that whoosh came from but I'll take it. TMI alert... Still no TOM yet. I'm not particularly worried about anything such as pregnancy because that would not be physically possible but I'm wondering if the rapid shift in weight (I've lost 12 pounds in June alone somehow at 1200 to 1400 calories) has thrown off my cycle. I know my weight isn't too low or anything.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #15  

128.0 this morning on my official weigh in day! I'll take it, and make sure to remember that if I want to pig out for 2 full weeks in the future that this is what will happen -- I will have to work off weight that I have ALREADY worked off before! Sheesh!
Closed Thread