Old 06-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default What are your go-to meals?

Just curious what everyone's major go-to meals are that you seem to cook the most?

Here are mine:
-Beef stroganoff: I actually got the basis for the recipe here! Then I added more veggies and whole wheat pasta

-Whole Wheat Veggie/chicken pizza: I make my own crust and use high quality mozzarella cheese because I'm a food snob. It's good but we're starting to get a bit bored of it after having every Friday night for awhile...

-Hamburgers: we use whole wheat bread and put on a lot of veggies

-Chicken/Beef Fajitas: Love, love, love this recipe. We make them quite a bit!

-Lasagna with spinach instead of noodles. It's a good one but sort of out of rotation right not after making it too much

-Coconut chicken curry- this is another one that's sort of out of rotation. I lost my recipe for it and I haven't found a new one that I love

-Blackbeans+salsa: I eat this for lunch A LOT, actually almost everyday when we don't have leftovers.

Feel free to share yours!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #2  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

My go to meals are:

Roasted veggies of all kinds. The favorites are broccoli, onions, peppers, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, sweet potato, butternut squash, and zucchini. I have one or a combination at least four times a week.

Eggbeater frittatas. I will make a frittata out of most anything, but the favorite go to is onion, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.

Baked chicken. I make this a lot and vary it up by what I put on the chicken. Most of the time it's either my homemade taco seasoning, or a Dijon, honey, and spice mixture.

I always eat Kashi cereal with soymilk in the mornings and for lunch there is usually fatfree yogurt with blueberries involved.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Veggie burger on a light english muffin. Sometimes I top with low-fat cheese, or hummus. I pile on veggies, sprouts, whatever I happen to have on hand. Gardenburger's Garden Veggie is my fav. Depending on how I prepare it, these come in at 250-300 calories.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ walnuts, raisins, & cinnamon
Lunch/Dinner:Broiled Chicken or Broiled Tilapia, baked sweet potato, roasted veggies (all kinds)
Snacks: Hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit (usually an apple)
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #5  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

english muffin mini-pizzas! english muffin + pasta sauce + skim mozz cheese + garlic sauce, if you overdo on everything maybe gets up to 250 calories.

seasoned, roasted tilapia with baked potato and a no-salt-added green veggie (usually green beans)

crock pot 'italian' chicken w/ whole wheat pasta. it's like a low fat chicken parm. the chicken cooks up in chicken broth and pasta sauce seasoned to taste, then you serve the chicken over prepared pasta with some of the sauce thickened with a bit of flour and top with a little bit of cheese.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #6  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

-chicken breast burgers with rice and veg and chucky tomato salsa
-chicken 'fried rice'. Using a good non stick pan fry 100g of chicken breast with a spray of oil and add veggies, 50g of quinoa and soy sauce and tabasco sauce
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergir111 View Post
-chicken 'fried rice'. Using a good non stick pan fry 100g of chicken breast with a spray of oil and add veggies, 50g of quinoa and soy sauce and tabasco sauce
That sounds good... i might steal that and use brown rice (I doubt we can find quinoa locally).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

I like preparing things in big batches and then freezing them for later.

- Extra lean ground beef is made into meatballs and hamburger patties
- I marinate thinly sliced chicken breasts in EVOO, salt, pepper, rosemary, then grill them...they can be eaten alone, on a sandwich, in a salad, or added to pasta
- Wicked Chicken Soup, its a Thai flavoured recipe...a bit fussy to make, but I make a HUGE batch and freeze the leftovers in ziplock bags for later.

Last edited by Angie; 06-07-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/288/150

Height: 5'4

Salmon packets -- Salmon, chopped garlic and whatever veggie I have on hand (my fav to use is broccoli) all packed tightly in tin foil with a bit of EVOO in it. I also add about 2 tablespoons of water. Then I either bake it or put it on the grill.

Mushroom gravy -- I know, the gravy part is deceptive but it's not too calorie-loaded! I use SmartBalance butter to saute the mushrooms... then add some flour to thicken it up. Then I add some low sodium/low calorie chicken or veggie broth. Stir until consistency I like it. Then I can pour it over rice or asparagus or veggie or chicken... endless choices!
Michigan Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Miso soup with Thai red rice, tofu, and assorted veg. Makes a lovely light meal.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #11  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Just curious what everyone's major go-to meals are that you seem to cook the most?

Here are mine:
-Beef stroganoff: I actually got the basis for the recipe here! Then I added more veggies and whole wheat pasta

-Whole Wheat Veggie/chicken pizza: I make my own crust and use high quality mozzarella cheese because I'm a food snob. It's good but we're starting to get a bit bored of it after having every Friday night for awhile...

-Hamburgers: we use whole wheat bread and put on a lot of veggies

-Chicken/Beef Fajitas: Love, love, love this recipe. We make them quite a bit!

-Lasagna with spinach instead of noodles. It's a good one but sort of out of rotation right not after making it too much

-Coconut chicken curry- this is another one that's sort of out of rotation. I lost my recipe for it and I haven't found a new one that I love

-Blackbeans+salsa: I eat this for lunch A LOT, actually almost everyday when we don't have leftovers.

Feel free to share yours!
Ha! Can I eat at your place from now on? Sound like my kind of list.
I would also add:

- Pasta bake with lots of veggies and blue cheese (intense flavour - less cheese needed)

- olive chicken: chicken breasts in tomato sauce with black olives

- chicken with mushrooms in sour cream sauce plus whole grain rice
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

La tortilla low carb high fiber multi-grain tortilla with 2 ounces of grilled chicken some shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons of salsa. Or 2 tablespoons of hummus instead of the chicken. I'm into wraps right now...so quick and easy, especially if I grill up a bag of chicken tenders for the week.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm a big fan of cooking a lot of chicken or turkey at once, and freezing easy pieces for sammiches, toss into salads, put in a fajita etc.

I also love to have lots of frozen soup on hand, an easy go to.

I like cooking a TON of ground beef (usually mixed with 1/4 ground turkey) with onion, celery, carrot & then freeze. I take a baggie out and can put it in some plain tomato soup and add some frozen veg for a filling soup meal, or put it in tomato sauce for spaghetti etc.

I also have some GO TO FAST FOOD meals, there I said it!!! I like the Tuscan salad with grilled chicken @ McDonalds, but get a fat free dressing or use my own (saves 140 calories!) or a sub loaded with veg @ Subway ( i even ask them to scoop out the middle of the bread, saves calories, and use honey mustard instead of mayo), or Wendy's a grilled chicken burger (only eat the bottom bun) with a baked potato
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote